Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm enjoying this so far but a few things have bonged me out of my reading moment.

One: is there any precedent in canon whatsoever for John Sheppard having enough interest in science or history that he would actually be able to recite the natural history of the husbandry and breeding of horses? Has he ever expressed an interest in them? I found this out of character. It seems like he might make some vague reference to noticing something but not the level of detail unless he was talking about cars or music or airplanes or something. They seem to be developing the characters to make them less shallow, but this little moment just doesn't ring true to me.

Second: If the Ancients came back to Earth 10,000 years ago to escape the Wraith and then were assimilated into the human population, it seems unlikely that they were then "seeding" human life throughout the Milky Way galaxy during Medieval times. Presumably Merlin had his hands full and wasn't capering around in such a manner?

I hope no one considers these spoilers, as they don't affect the story at all, really. I hate to complain, actually, because there are so many things I love about this series. I'm actually a fan of the Sheppard/Teyla ship and I think there is canonical precedent for it, but this conversation that happens at 29% on my kindle just threw me out of the story.

My disbelief got unsuspended.

But I LOVE what's happening with McKay and with Todd. LOVE!

Ok, back to it.
    Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

can anyone tell me about the sam/jack ship in this book?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Have just finished reading "The Furies" and it is awesome. Now when is the next book coming out I know I have to wait but it would be good if they could fast-track it.
        I came, I saw, I conquered!
        sigpic
        We are unique! Created unique!
        Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
          Have just finished reading "The Furies" and it is awesome. Now when is the next book coming out I know I have to wait but it would be good if they could fast-track it.
          Theree is a reason i am taking my time reading this book. It is very good!
          sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

They don't seem to have released The Furies for iBooks yet. Does anyone know when it will be available through them?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              There is some lovely email correspondence between them and their thoughts about each other. I like it. Always been a fan of this ship.
              Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                Yep. Me too. Trying not to get too caught up so I can draw it out over a few days, rather than suck it down in one sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  They're not on the same planet, so it's all their emails and their thoughts of one another. Like this:

Spoiler:

Sam sat down at her desk and took a deep breath, looking up at the pictures held to the metal wall above with cheerful magnets in the shape of bright colored flowers. Cassie in her graduation gown. Daniel in a floppy hat and wire rimmed glasses, Teal'c looking inscrutable beside him in the light of some alien sun -- that was an old one, that picture. Daniel didn't look much like that anymore. Jack in his baseball cap, sitting on the end of his pier with a fishing rod in his hand, looking straight at the camera with a sideways smile.

This was the email she never sent. But it was there, in case someone else needed to send it.

October 16, 2009

Dear Jack,
                  I'm not sorry. I don't regret any of it, not one minute, not one second. Not ever.
                  Your Carter
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
                    Yep. Me too. Trying not to get too caught up so I can draw it out over a few days, rather than suck it down in one sitting.
                    You know what happned last night? I finished it! Ahhhhh!

Spoiler:
                    so what do you think that ancient instaation is? To me, i think it may be a lab of sorts where the Ancients created the Wraith, however accidentally. Also that mght explain the missing equipment and the lack of records. I mean for crying out loud, in Bloodties
                    Spoiler:
                    they had been on that dino planet thousands of years before they had started to seed the rest of Pegasis.
                    I am begining to dislike the Ancients the more i read and rewaatch the series. What the crap! Humans and Wraith only being failed experaments! They...... i am mad at a fictional race are't I?

Goram Ancients not even trying to do anything qbout their messes.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                      I was going to take my time but I just couldn't (weak I know) but I just had to find out what was happening, I am rereading it so I will take my time and savour it a lot more.
                      I came, I saw, I conquered!
                      sigpic
                      We are unique! Created unique!
                      Sevenofnine

Comment

I was going to take my time but I just couldn't (weak I know) but I just had to find out what was happening, I am rereading it so I will take my time and savour it a lot more.
                        There's a great idea. Rereading it. I think I'll do the same.

Comment

I think rereading the entire series would be good too. Oh and I'm still mad at the Ancients.
                          sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! The Furies is finally listed on Fandemonium's website! (Paperback plus postage to the UK works out at £12.70 at the current rate)!

http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php

Comment

Quick question for anyone else with The Furies. Does it end with the Hammond jumping into hyperspace? It seems a bit abrupt, so I'm wondering if there was a problem with my download.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                                Quick question for anyone else with The Furies. Does it end with the Hammond jumping into hyperspace? It seems a bit abrupt, so I'm wondering if there was a problem with my download.
                                That's where mine ended. Great cliffhanger, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X