This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
    Make sure you go to your amazon account and turn off access to that kindle, at least temporarily. When Will Wheaton lost his kindle, some punk kid downloaded tons of expensive stuff before he could put a stop to it. Kindle needs to provide a way to put name address and phone on kindles so they can be returned when lost! I think I'm going to make a label to put on the back of mine. I would be devastated if I lost mine.
    I did. What they need to do is have a way to figure out what network the wifi is on. And they do have a way to return a Kindle to it's owner, it just involves sending it to Amazon. And if I can't find it, I think I'm gonna get an ipad. I can read that at work without funny looks.
    sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Really? I didn't know that. It seems to me that most people would be more likely to call or email someone than package a kindle up and ship to amazon. But hopefully yours will turn up when you least expect it!

iPad is very, very nice. You'll love it. I have both, but prefer to read on kindle because of screen glare on iPad and the light, at night, keeps me awake. I spend all day on computers. At night, my eyes need to rest. The iPad is incredibly versatile though--I just wrote a book on mine over the last six months. I have done everything on it for about 2 years and only recently upgraded to a mac laptop.
      Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

I love my mac. But what really stinks about my kindle being missing is that I had I was reading a PDF of a book my buddy is writing.

So back to SGA! Do you consider them Canon?
        sigpic

Comment

Hm. Not really. They are officially sanctioned by MGM and Fandemonium doesn't allow any of their authors to write AU stories or contrary to canon stories (though they have published many that do, IMHO) so I guess one might consider them as such. But, by the same token, I also don't always think that their stable of authors always gets the characterizations quite right. . . so, for me, no. Though the Legacy series would come closest to that for me. Of all of the Stargate SGA books I've read, this series comes the closest to Wright/Cooper 's vision.
          Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Personally I think the Legacy books are canon. I've not read the other ones so I can't make a judgement on them. Again, I like the elaboration on Wraith in the books... gee I wonder why. lol

( I swear there was more to this, but my brain just shut down. I need sleep!)
            sigpic

Comment

The Furies preview game is up! http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/183781.html
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                The Furies preview game is up! http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/183781.html

TORTURE! Simply torture! (*g*)

Comment

Yeah, no kidding! I had to stop reading! It was too much--just want to devour it from page 1.

Comment

i wanna read more, but it's making my heart ache.... more out of boredom around here.

So, should I buy an iPad or get another kindle?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                      i wanna read more, but it's making my heart ache.... more out of boredom around here.

So, should I buy an iPad or get another kindle?
                      For me it's the price difference. I can't afford an iPad.
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                        For me it's the price difference. I can't afford an iPad.
                        I am thinking about getting a new Kindle for the time being I like reading on it's screen anyway. But an iPad is so pretty.

So to kill time I'm reading the SGA Atlantis Rising book. It's interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                          I am thinking about getting a new Kindle for the time being I like reading on it's screen anyway. But an iPad is so pretty.

So to kill time I'm reading the SGA Atlantis Rising book. It's interesting.
                          To kill time, I'm rererereading "A Matter of Honor", "The Cost of Honor", and "Survival of the Fittest".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            To kill time, I'm rererereading "A Matter of Honor", "The Cost of Honor", and "Survival of the Fittest".
                            I am buying a Kindle on my credit card tonight. Can't stand it anymore.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I just reread Sunrise. I enjoyed that one quite a lot! I'm also really looking forward to Diana Dru Botsford's The Drift, which is supposed to be the sequel to Four Dragons.
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

The ebook should out in a week or so!

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/184355.html

... can't wait - no, I can't!

*still reading Death Game meanwhile*

Comment

Working...
                                X