This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    I just discovered that there is a Legacy book series based on Stargate: Atlantis. I usually have no interest in reading books based on a TV series (I'd rather read something original), but this really intrigues me. SGA had a good run and a fantastic finale, but... it left me wanting more. Is this new book series worth checking out? The first book is up on Amazon for about $8. Not bad! To those who'd recommend the book series, why? I read that two are published, and there are plans for four more books. Will Part 6 be the end, or is that just the last one planned so far?
    Considering you'll likely get both good and bad comments about the books, it seems like it would be better for you to just get one book, read it and decide for yourself if the rest are worth pursuing. Asking for opinions seems like a silly way to decide, since you still have to decide which side you're going to listen to.

For what it's worth, I've now read "Sunrise", which was well worth reading. I'm now reading "Transitions" which is a combination of SG1 and SGA, and thus far also well worth reading. I have "Homecoming" waiting for me, and if it is anything like the other two, it will be well worth reading.

Comment

Actually, if the basic premise isn't to your liking that could be reason enough not to go ahead with it.

Opinions and reviews are one side, basic idea and blurb on the back is the other.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I finished reading "Transitions", and am disappointed there isn't more (but a story can only go on for just so long). It was very good, in my opinion. There was a great mix of SG1 and SGA and all sorts of stuff about viruses and ancients and ascended folk, as well as a fun link to the episode "1969".

It takes place after Season 8 finishes, but I wasn't sure quite how long it was supposed to be after that since there's a reference to Colonel Caldwell from SGA, Season 2, so it seems to take place after that. However, the suggestion is that Jack has just moved to Washington, Daniel is packing to go to Atlantis, Teal'c has gone back to Chulak, and Sam hasn't decided quite yet what to do with herself - which would put it closer to mid-Season 9 of SG1 and Season 2 of SGA. Cassie is also in it, and her being kidnapped starts the ball rolling, so to speak. Lots of action and intrigue follows. And this brief description doesn't really do justice to how good the book is, but saying more would give too much away.

There's a fair amount of interaction between team members on SG1 (as well as SGA), but no ship. Although, I suppose if one tried really, really hard there are a few small moments that might barely qualify as ship.

Comment

Question for those who have read allegience. Am I right in reading:

Spoiler:
          John and Teyla are together in a romantic way? I thought I read where John was unsure of how things were going to go between him and Teyla since everything was so new? And then they are hanging out in teylas little secret place? Or am I reading too much into that?

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
            Question for those who have read allegience. Am I right in reading:

Spoiler:
            John and Teyla are together in a romantic way? I thought I read where John was unsure of how things were going to go between him and Teyla since everything was so new? And then they are hanging out in teylas little secret place? Or am I reading too much into that?
            I don't think you're reading too much into it at all! http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/152281.html#comments
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
              I don't think you're reading too much into it at all! http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/152281.html#comments
              Spoiler:
              I'm all for ship like Jack/Sam or even in my wildest dreams John/Sam, but I have never wanted Teyla or John to be together. I just don't see it. That's just me. But I did think that was where the writers were kinda leading, with the constraints MGM gives them of course. there were one too many glances for me to think something wasn't going on.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                Spoiler:
                I'm all for ship like Jack/Sam or even in my wildest dreams John/Sam, but I have never wanted Teyla or John to be together. I just don't see it. That's just me. But I did think that was where the writers were kinda leading, with the constraints MGM gives them of course. there were one too many glances for me to think something wasn't going on.
                Then I think you'll like the spoiler piece that went up today! http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/152871.html This is from the next book.
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I wanted to give any one who is looking for Allegiance at Barnes and Noble that it is up as SGA Allegiance, not under Stargate Atlantis. They also have a few of the older books out as well under the same search and I would guess if you like SG-1, to try SG1 for some of the older books too. I finally did a search for Melissa Scott and it came up and then did the search of SGA to find other books.

Comment

Hey guys,

A question. I already noticed book 3 is out in book form and e-book form. I went to my normal sites (book depository, play,...) but nowhere can I find the actual book except on the stargatenovels website.

Is it just me, and am I missing something, or can it only be gotten from there? I filled in the information, and the costs are 10.95 + 8 $ for shipping to Europe, which is outrageous because normally I only paid about 7.99 € for it, included free shipping.

I know that a while ago everything moved to America instead of the UK as well (?), but normally they still shipped actual books over to European stores, right?

Is there anyone who can help me with finding a cheaper way to get the actual book? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, FH, I already noticed you sent me a PM months ago. (I didn't get a notification, or I don't check the site any more, pick one ) Thanks for the warning, and perhaps I should do as you say: read the first two books that I have, and decide from there.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      A question. I already noticed book 3 is out in book form and e-book form. I went to my normal sites (book depository, play,...) but nowhere can I find the actual book except on the stargatenovels website.
                      Did a quick search on Amazon.co.uk and had no trouble locating the series - searched for stargate atlantis legacy series.

New they are between 5 & 8£, used between 2 and 5£ - as far as I can tell anyway.

Book three is only available in Kindle version.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Also, FH, I already noticed you sent me a PM months ago. (I didn't get a notification, or I don't check the site any more, pick one ) Thanks for the warning, and perhaps I should do as you say: read the first two books that I have, and decide from there.
                      No worries... it's good though to see you pop up again.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Allegiance is now available in hard copy from the publisher www.stargatenovels.com
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Allegiance is now available in hard copy from the publisher www.stargatenovels.com
                          According to the list on the Stargate Novels site, "Avengers" should have been out in October 2011. Any news about that book yet?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            According to the list on the Stargate Novels site, "Avengers" should have been out in October 2011. Any news about that book yet?
                            March is the best guess. http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/157285.html Teyla and Sam's book!
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

March is the best guess. http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/157285.html Teyla and Sam's book!
                              *grits teeth...MUST.BE.PATIENT!*)

Comment

The book out in march...this I can belive.
                                March 2012....Not so much!
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X