Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe they'll (Rodney or whoever) need to work on something in the Atlantis database, which would require them being wherever Atlantis is (Pegasus, as likely as anywhere else)? We won't know until it happens, so I don't see any point assuming the worst.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      We need to make banners with this for the campaign! That'd be sweet! We could use this in the multimedia campaign.
      I'm not a good banner maker...as you can see from my avatar sig...
      sigpic

Comment

The SGA people in SGU is GREAT news!
        Smells like a marketing ploy to me - smells like we need more viewers, maybe by letting McKay be in SGU once in a while we will attract those SGA-folks too.

Still not interested in SGU...

And the movie being made... I highly doubt it. At this point I'd have to say no.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Smells like a marketing ploy to me - smells like we need more viewers, maybe by letting McKay be in SGU once in a while we will attract those SGA-folks too.

And the movie being made... I highly doubt it. At this point I'd have to say no.
          After seeing all the numbers for Season 1, they defintley need more viewers there is no question about that. I don't think BW is doing this for ratings but for his own creative reasons, and maybe to make some fans happy, I dunno.
          sigpic

Comment

i dont think either movie will happen at this point sadly and as for someone from the sga cast appearing in sgu well it think it shows the ptb are very worried about sgu ratings
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
              i dont think either movie will happen at this point sadly and as for someone from the sga cast appearing in sgu well it think it shows the ptb are very worried about sgu ratings
              But JM said its a when not an if for the SG-1 movie... as for the SGA movie we need to fight for it... lets not just mope around let it die lets FIGHT FOR THE GREENLIGHT!
              sigpic

Comment

But JM said its a when not an if for the SG-1 movie... as for the SGA movie we need to fight for it... lets not just mope around let it die lets FIGHT FOR THE GREENLIGHT!
                Because TPTB have never been wrong before

This is the JM who S6 of SGA was possible
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Possible being the key word.

TPTB have been wrong - so have fans

Know one knows for sure, not the fans, not TPTB. I rather at least say i did something positive rather than just complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Well, that depends on whether Atlantis goes back to Pegasus in the movie, which is an assumption on my part I know, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

Yes exactly - hence the problem with the movie being set before SGU.

I agree there could be issues with it so they do need to address it
                    The movie events could go like this - Atlantis lands on Earth - people get trapped on Destiny - Atlantis is forced to stay on Earth - a horrific event takes place in Pegsus - IOA refuses to let Atlantis go to rescue the people of Pegasus - McKay and Sheppard hyjack Atlantis and return to Pegasus and save the day - as for McKay or other SGA character showing up on the Destiny in later, well they have been able to travel back and forth between Earth so I do not see that as an insurmountable problem
                    Last edited by EdenSG; 30 June 2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

What do you mean?
                      sigpic

Comment

What do you mean?
                        In S5 was talking about what kind of stories he wanted to do in S6 and before you know it we get the press release the show has been cancelled.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

In S5 was talking about what kind of stories he wanted to do in S6 and before you know it we get the press release the show has been cancelled.
                          Yes but did he say for sure they were getting a season 6. If Joe just said heres what we want to do for a 3rd SG-1 movie and the movie never came to pass its not like he lied or bent the truth.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes but did he say for sure they were getting a season 6. If Joe just said heres what we want to do for a 3rd SG-1 movie and the movie never came to pass its not like he lied or bent the truth.
                            No producer is going to say for sure this or that is going to happen until a press release is issued. Its bad business if they get contradicted
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

No producer is going to say for sure this or that is going to happen until a press release is issued. Its bad business if they get contradicted
                              You mean like how SGA was cancelled on back-end news of a movie being green-lighted? That seems like bad business to me also. You can argue me to death jel, and I know you will, but that press release focused on SGA moving into the movie market after ending it's 5 year run.

BTW, since you are a source junkie...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnew...156&offset=140

Exact quote from SyFy

Building upon the successful "Stargate" franchise, SCI FI Channel today announced it has greenlit a two-hour movie based on the hit science fiction adventure series "Stargate Atlantis." SCI FI will have the exclusive worldwide television premiere of the yet to be titled "Stargate Atlantis" film, which will then be released on DVD by MGM. The movie will be written by "Stargate Atlantis'" executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who also serve as series showrunners. The movie is set to follow the fifth and final season of "Stargate Atlantis," as it draws to its thrilling conclusion in January 2009.
                              you wonder why some fans are pissed.
                              Last edited by Briangate78; 30 June 2010, 06:08 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

So random question.. do you think Extinction will ever be made..

Right now i feel its a 60/40 chance.... if we don't get word by the end of the year i think itll be more like a 10/90 chance though.

Nope I don't think thecurrent script with the cast of season 5 has one chance in a million to be made!
                                Wow, everyone here think the SGA movie won't be made... But everyone on the SG-1 thread thinks the movie will be made... I know JM said it's a when not an if for the SG-1 movie, but why do you think they'll drop atlantis like a hot patato?
                                familiar with the term "red-headed step child"? that is what sga has become to tptb from the many comments they have made about their previous show.

The SGA people in SGU is GREAT news!
                                nope, merely a sign of how low sgu's ratings were...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

the sga-fans they never wanted too... I agree with you- no movie on the horizon.
                                Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                After seeing all the numbers for Season 1, they defintley need more viewers there is no question about that. I don't think BW is doing this for ratings but for his own creative reasons, and maybe to make some fans happy, I dunno.
                                i am betting when Mckay (i am betting that is who they use) gets "on" the destiny via the stones (of course) he will proclaim that the destiny is far more advanced than atlantis (yeah right! )and he can't "fix" it , help them or whatever so the Fans who wonder why carter, zelenka , or mckay haven't been used will "have" to admit that Rush is "the best scientist evahhhh" and is the only only one who can understand the destiny....

Comment

Working...
                                X