Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    wishful thinking
    It is much more wishful thinking to believe, that Stargate Extinction will ever be made.

I am curious. To all the people who still believe that the SGA movie will be made: When will you give up hope?

It won't be made this year. We would already know it, if that would be the case. So if it isn't made in 2011, would you give up hope then? 2012, 2013 or 2014? How much time must past without the making of Stargate Extinction?

Some of the Stargate Atlantis actors already said, that they don't believe that an SGA movie will ever be made. Jason Momoa is playing Conan. If that movie is a success, I guess he won't have problems to get good roles and he will get much more expensive. The other SGA actors are also moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Beka View Post
      It is much more wishful thinking to believe, that Stargate Extinction will ever be made.

I am curious. To all the people who still believe that the SGA movie will be made: When will you give up hope?

It won't be made this year. We would already know it, if that would be the case. So if it isn't made in 2011, would you give up hope then? 2012, 2013 or 2014? How much time must past without the making of Stargate Extinction?

Some of the Stargate Atlantis actors already said, that they don't believe that an SGA movie will ever be made. Jason Momoa is playing Conan. If that movie is a success, I guess he won't have problems to get good roles and he will get much more expensive. The other SGA actors are also moving on.
      Actually, untrue.. they can film the movie early next year.. SGU only starts filming mid to late march.. so they can prep it at the end of the year and film it beginning of next year for a christmas time release... They can film the movie a month or two after the greenlight. One 2011 is over then ill think its unlikely but ill still have hope lol.

OPTIMISM FTW..... Misery is never fun.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        Actually, untrue.. they can film the movie early next year.. SGU only starts filming mid to late march.. so they can prep it at the end of the year and film it beginning of next year for a christmas time release... They can film the movie a month or two after the greenlight. One 2011 is over then ill think its unlikely but ill still have hope lol.

Where did I say anything untrue? I said it won't be made for sure THIS YEAR, which is still 2010! It is already July. If it would be made THIS YEAR, we would already know it. You said it yourself, they can't start to film the movie before early next year.

I wanted to know if people would give up hope, if it wouldn't be made in 2011 or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Beka View Post
          Where did I say anything untrue? I said it won't be made for sure THIS YEAR, which is still 2010! It is already July. If it would be made THIS YEAR, we would already know it. You said it yourself, they can't start to film the movie before early next year.

I wanted to know if people would give up hope, if it wouldn't be made in 2011 or later.
          I was saying it still could be filmed this year.. at least it could be prepped this year... and are you talking about both movies?
          sigpic

Comment

Ok for all those who say the movie won't happen.. say it gets greenlit and films this fall.. would you buy it on DVD when it comes out?
            Absolutely, not believing it's going to happen is not the same thing as not hoping it's going to happen or not wanting it to happen. I really want more Atlantis, I just don't believe it's going to happen.

It's really quite simple, TPTB can put out all the statements about how the Stargate franchise is going to be this or it's going to be that, and how wonderful it's going to be, but if they want all those viewers they've lost back then all they have to do, all they ever had to do, was make the show/movies that the fans want to see, not the show TPTP think the audience should want to see.

Comment

Ok for all those who say the movie won't happen.. say it gets greenlit and films this fall.. would you buy it on DVD when it comes out?
              Why wouldn't we? We don't think it won't be made because we don't want it to be, but because we have no reason to think it will.

Comment

I was saying it still could be filmed this year.. at least it could be prepped this year... and are you talking about both movies?
                I was only talking about the SGA movie in my last two comments to get the discussion back to the topic of this thread. Otherwise Skydiver could get the idea to close this thread until we have some definite information about the movie. It happened even to the big ratings thread, which was one of the more interesting threads on this site.

Comment

Depends on the quality - I watched Continuum and Ark of Truth but don't have them on DVD because the quality of the stories isn't worth the cost of the DVD.

Misery and pessimism are two different things, and FYI pessimists have a more realistic view on life than optimists.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes I would. But it's not going to film this fall - it's already July - we would know about it already.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Depends on the quality - I watched Continuum and Ark of Truth but don't have them on DVD because the quality of the stories isn't worth the cost of the DVD.

Misery and pessimism are two different things, and FYI pessimists have a more realistic view on life than optimists.
                      Doesn't laughing and happiness with less stress contribute to a longer lifespan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Doesn't laughing and happiness with less stress contribute to a longer lifespan.
                        Like I said pessimism and misery are two different things...

Comment

Like I said pessimism and misery are two different things...
                          Ok.... sometimes pessimism turns into blind anger.. despite RDA(recently saying at a con) and JM saying Revolution will be made, people still say it will never be made. As for Extinction i understand.. but hey.. thats what the mail campaigns for!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok.... sometimes pessimism turns into blind anger..
                            To which you should also add that optimism can turn into blind faith... or something that is the total opposite of blind anger.

Marketing states that being positive about your product, even if it has been cancelled, keeps the audience interested. Otherwise they'll go and find something else to play with. Keep the line out with the bait, and the fish will stick around.

As far as the mail campaign fits in this - the fish are asking for better bait! Or the peeps will attack the fishermen.

Comment

To which you should also add that optimism can turn into blind faith... or something that is the total opposite of blind anger.

Marketing states that being positive about your product, even if it has been cancelled, keeps the audience interested. Otherwise they'll go and find something else to play with. Keep the line out with the bait, and the fish will stick around.

As far as the mail campaign fits in this - the fish are asking for better bait! Or the peeps will attack the fishermen.
                              IM still trying to understand what you said about the mail campaign lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok.... sometimes pessimism turns into blind anger.. despite RDA(recently saying at a con) and JM saying Revolution will be made, people still say it will never be made. As for Extinction i understand.. but hey.. thats what the mail campaigns for!
                                Well we're not talking about Revolution on this thread. JM's recent comments have convinced me that Revolution will eventually get made, but they've also convinced me that there's less chance than ever for Extinction. And since I have no interest in Revolution and wasn't planning on watching it even if it did get made.....I see no reason for me to be optimistic. *shrugs* YMMV.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X