Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen this screen cap of "Michael" where they show Carson's office and a calendar for Scenic Scotland on the wall, and it's a road full of sheep.

SHEEP???

SHEEP???

Everyone knows that Sheep are only an issue in Inverness. Carson's from PAISLEY. There aren't any sheep in Paisley. Lots of Buckie and Irn Bru.. but nae sheep.

And here's the proof

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      Have you seen this screen cap of "Michael" where they show Carson's office and a calendar for Scenic Scotland on the wall, and it's a road full of sheep.
      What are you on about? It's nothing to do with Paisley. It's a calendar with, one presumes, 12 scenes of Scotland on it. This scene clearly says "Kenmore", which is a village in Perthshire. They do have sheep in Perthshire, plenty of 'em.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
        What are you on about? It's nothing to do with Paisley. It's a calendar with, one presumes, 12 scenes of Scotland on it. This scene clearly says "Kenmore", which is a village in Perthshire. They do have sheep in Perthshire, plenty of 'em.
        Carson's from Paisley! there are no sheep in Paisley.

Might be sheep in Perthshire... Hmmm... er....

My point being, Scotland is very beautiful. Why have a calender with sheep on the wall?

Comment

I saw a postcard with Sheep on it once, with the caption

'Rush hour Scotland'

lol

Or maybe Beckett's a MacFarlane....*shudder*

I can poke *ahem* fun at the MacFarlanes...being one myself...anyone up on their clan history will get this, cos I ain't explaining it!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

'Rush hour Scotland'

lol

I love that postcard! (I've also seen it for Wales). I love that! I really want it!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

I can poke *ahem* fun at the MacFarlanes...being one myself...anyone up on their clan history will get this, cos I ain't explaining it!
              Is this a reference to the Clearances, sueKay? In that case, sheep are the last thing you'd want on your calendar as a MacFarlane. Little white woolly b*ggers!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                Is this a reference to the Clearances, sueKay? In that case, sheep are the last thing you'd want on your calendar as a MacFarlane. Little white woolly b*ggers!
                Excellent! While I love to be irreverent as much as possible, I can do discussion about the immorality of the Highland Clearences. I'm reading a book about the Inner and Outer Hebrides and the sociological and political issues around land use. I'm a McMillan, probably a b****rd lowlander traitor.

I hope not

Comment

'Rush hour Scotland'

lol

Or maybe Beckett's a MacFarlane....*shudder*

I wish sheep were the only things blocking the M8 in the bloody rush hour! It's usually sodding Malcolm lorries.

Comment

'Rush hour Scotland'

lol
                    That would probably the same picture used for 'Rush hour Ireland' postcards.

Comment

Jeez, this thread has been a bit busy since I last posted. What are these 'Rush Hour' postcards? Aw ffs, I just looked up and saw there's a 'Rush Hour' postcard for Wales as well. *Sigh* they must have a postcard to suit all ethnicities.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yeah..must be that!

Me? Half MacFarlane, half Buchanan

Bit of a bizarre mix...explains why I'm so wierd!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey! I've seen sheep on the hills in Ayrshire! At least, I'm sure I have.... unless I was asleep in the car dreaming about the wooly jumpers
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                            Jeez, this thread has been a bit busy since I last posted. What are these 'Rush Hour' postcards? Aw ffs, I just looked up and saw there's a 'Rush Hour' postcard for Wales as well. *Sigh* they must have a postcard to suit all ethnicities.
                            There's nothing ethnic about it; just that in any place that trades on peace and quiet to attract hordes of noisy tourists, the tourist board will inevitably produce a 'rush hour' postcard with some cutesy pastoral scene on it. Like there's always an 'XXXX by Night' postcard that is plain black.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Y'know what's really funny...

I live on a housing scheme (yup I'm a 'schemy') and if I have the window open I can sometimes hear a 'baa' or a 'moo' on the wind...

Then I hear the neds saying things like 'moan 'en' or even better, 'oy you ya dobber'

Scotland's a funny old place!
                              sigpic

Comment

Scotland's a funny old place!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X