Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, when I first saw the picture of the Wraith quene, I said, hey, is Marilyn Manson guest starring??? And I'm willing to bet others will think the same thing as they even got the same hair color! However, probably can't sing. And from what spoilers indicate, they suck the lifeforce out of you, like, well, gee, the movie LIFE FORCE. The Wraith don't sound very original at all right now.

Comment

I think the way they act will greatly influence my decision on whether I like them or not. After seeing the commercial the first thing I thought of was; banshee.

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorX
        I think the way they act will greatly influence my decision on whether I like them or not. After seeing the commercial the first thing I thought of was; banshee.
        Ringwraiths. Except the ring in question here is the stargate. hehe.

I'm trying to reserve judgement, but the queen, at least, looks like a ripoff of Marilyn Manson, who isn't scary at all (sick, but not really scary). The life force-sucking thing is very been there, done that. I hope TPTB have SOME way of making them truly scary and formidable and PLEASE, by-the-gods ORIGINAL and not another comic book villain like most of the goa'uld have turned out to be.
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 07 May 2004, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          However, probably can't sing.
          Just like Marilyn Manson!
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Yup, when I first saw the picture of the Wraith quene, I said, hey, is Marilyn Manson guest starring??? And I'm willing to bet others will think the same thing as they even got the same hair color! However, probably can't sing. And from what spoilers indicate, they suck the lifeforce out of you, like, well, gee, the movie LIFE FORCE. The Wraith don't sound very original at all right now.
            yeah, talking about co-staring...so no one knows who playes the queen, yet?

Comment

Why does everyone keep saying Marilyn Manson? She looks more like David Bowie than Manson!

Comment

I think when Atlantis comes out, a poll should be done on who the queen looks more like...

Marilyn Manson
                Mystique, etc.

or name your choice of rock star!

as for how they kill.

x
                x
                x
                x
                x

reportredly they suck the energy out of you and turn you into a dried husk, which is precisely what they did in LIFE FORCE. LIke I said, unoriginal, but then how many people who will be watching Atlantis were even born when LIFE FORCE came out? Not many, I'll bet.

Comment

x

.....reportredly they suck the energy out of you and turn you into a dried husk, which is precisely what they did in LIFE FORCE. LIke I said, unoriginal, but then how many people who will be watching Atlantis were even born when LIFE FORCE came out? Not many, I'll bet.
                  The bigger question is how many of us who were born when LIFE FORCE came out actually saw it and how many of us wish we hadn't?
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                    The bigger question is how many of us who were born when LIFE FORCE came out actually saw it and how many of us wish we hadn't?
                    I don't know either number, but I suspect that the two answers are the same.

The book is more interesting; not better, just more interesting. I think the author might make a fascinating case study for some psychology student working in the field of mysogyny.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

LIke I said, unoriginal, but then how many people who will be watching Atlantis were even born when LIFE FORCE came out? Not many, I'll bet.
                      Scary, isn't it? I think I've probably seen the movie, but I don't remember any specific details from it. Which is probably a mercy.

Maybe TPTB are just planning an "homage" to Tobe Hooper.

Comment

//Maybe TPTB are just planning an "homage" to Tobe Hooper. //

Aie, I would hope they could do at least one season without ripoffs, uh, homages, to other movies...

Comment

Working...
                        X