Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Wraith's have great potential, espically after having seen what they'll be like on the screen.

I really hope that SGA will have some major set backs when they first encounter the Wraiths. It would be pointless to create a new bad guy if the SGA teams are just going to prevail every single time they encounter the Wraiths, especially in the begining of the show.

IMO the point of an arch-nemesis is to provide someone the main characters could possible loose too, who is there equal or maybe even superior in a fight.

That would make the Wraith terrifying Bad guys IMO.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

They have potential but I think they look like crap. I really hope that isnt the finished product. I'm not really sure though, I havent actually sene the ad on the tv. Maybe it will look different bigger.
      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I hope that they make the Wraith well and truly Evil. Don't humanize them, don't make them corny and please, for the love of fluffy puppies, don't make them easy to defeat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I hope that they make the Wraith well and truly Evil. Don't humanize them, don't make them corny and please, for the love of fluffy puppies, don't make them easy to defeat!!!
          i really hope they dont make then easy to defeat! i hope that the entire first season at least we dont actually win against the wraith just lose and sometimes maybe hold our own and for the season finale actually have the wraith score a major victory over us like reach earth and we have to fight them here and the secret gets out.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            i hope that the entire first season at least we dont actually win against the wraith just lose and sometimes maybe hold our own and for the season finale actually have the wraith score a major victory over us like reach earth and we have to fight them here and the secret gets out.
            I like the idea of not winning all season, but I'm not to crazy about the idea of the secret getting out.

If the secret gets out then it breaks some of my suspension of disbelief for the show since it is supposed to take place in this day and time, and reality.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              I like the idea of not winning all season, but I'm not to crazy about the idea of the secret getting out.

If the secret gets out then it breaks some of my suspension of disbelief for the show since it is supposed to take place in this day and time, and reality.
              thats true if it breaks it does kind of ruin it doesnt it? i like to think that it could all be true and we just dont know it!

Comment

I thought it was a pretty cool new baddie, then I saw the picture in TV Guide and I was really worried. Up until that point I thought Atlantis was going to be a great show, luckly SciFi has shown some new trailers for Atlantis and I have seen the Wraith in motion. They look alot better than in the TV Guide picture, it must have been bad lighting.

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Yes, those TV Guide pictures had me nervous too. I'm glad they turned out to be 'bad lighting' or what ever it was, it gives me more hope for the uniforms
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

I think That the Wraith are the baddest thing since the Goa'uld were introduced I wouldnt be suprised if the queen herself or it came into the picture to deal with the team.

Comment

The best villains are evil, smart, complicated, truly difficult to defeat and most of all, touch our deapest, darkest fears.

Think, Borg, think Professor Moriarty, think Khan, think Count Dracula, think Hannibal Lector, (the original versions) and think spiders.

The early Goa'uld were terrifying because they took over your body and did terrible things... and you couldn't stop them.

What fears do the Wraith touch?
                      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Initially, the only thing that interested me about them was their name, and the fact that they defeated the Ancients. Then the picture came out, and I liked the idea of them a lot more. And now, having seen the trailer, I can firmly say that I think they are going to be great villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo
                          Initially, the only thing that interested me about them was their name, and the fact that they defeated the Ancients. Then the picture came out, and I liked the idea of them a lot more. And now, having seen the trailer, I can firmly say that I think they are going to be great villain.
                          i think they are going to be a great villain too because i think that the writers are setting them up as something you can truly hate with out reservation. the whole hive mind will make it so that we can hate and fear the entire species and not just individual members. i just hope they dont pull a tok'ra and have a rebel group of wraiths, it lessons the fear and evilness factor of them if they do

Comment

I'm hoping the ratings are high enough so Sci_Fi buys more than one season at once so they can set the whole thing up. I'm thinking something like season one they intro everything, then season two we really start to fight. Then we somehow kill the queen and the hive is all confused for away but it leads to the even more super evil King or something like that.
                            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                              The best villains are evil, smart, complicated, truly difficult to defeat and most of all, touch our deapest, darkest fears.

Think, Borg, think Professor Moriarty, think Khan, think Count Dracula, think Hannibal Lector, (the original versions) and think spiders.

The early Goa'uld were terrifying because they took over your body and did terrible things... and you couldn't stop them.

What fears do the Wraith touch?
                              They drain the life right out of your body... that's pretty scary. And they're pretty damned ugly too...

Comment

They sound like they have thee potential ti be great but also to suck on a grant scale.

I'm contend to wait and see. (assuming Sky has the good grace to actually get Atlantis)
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X