This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    They drain the life right out of your body... that's pretty scary. And they're pretty damned ugly too...
    Like vampires?
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
      Like vampires?
      i dont think they drain your blood more like your bodies energy. i dont think there have been any specifics about how they do so yet

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        i dont think they drain your blood more like your bodies energy. i dont think there have been any specifics about how they do so yet
        Using their hands as a medium, there's something to do with chemicals they release into you at first to start draining... Poisoning the Well should explain it well.

Comment

I used to think the Wraith were corny...then tonight I saw the new ad withe Wraith Queen in it......Mary Mother of God, she sound nasty! Just visited the Atlantis website...and since last visit they've posted pics of Wraith mother ships! Not only are they freaky but their ships are too--starting to really look forward tothis show, and not just for Weir and Teyla.
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

So far not good. The queen looked stupid. Looks like mystique from the x men

Comment

since when was Mystique grey-green with pink hair and weird clothes?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                since when was Mystique grey-green with pink hair and weird clothes?
                Since forever. I mean, darker grey-green with red hair, but defo with weird clothes. Or alternatively, whenever she feels like it. Comic book Mystique that is, and thanks jsw; I was beating my head against the wall trying to think what that Wraith Queen looked like.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Personally, I think the Wraith will be a great villain for the Atlantis team for a few reasons. *Spoilers*
                  First, the team is already cut off from their home and stranded in a new galaxy that they know nothing about. Almost immediately, they encounter a new threat that is far more advanced than the Goa'uld. Secondly, unlike the Goa'uld; the Wraith don't need us for slaves or hosts. We are simply food to them, and that brings a more primal fear into the equation; the fear of being prey. Finally, there's the fact that they wiped out the Ancients, who were the most technologically advanced race ever encountered by Earth.

Combine all this with the fact that they are completely alien, yet still humanoid, in their appearance and I think they'll be a great nemesis for the Atlantis team. I think the hive-mind aspect is really cool too. Not only does it allow you to hate/fear the entire race universally, but it adds to their menace knowing that the entire race is your enemy and can move against you with a single-minded purpose.

I'm really glad the stuff on the show isn't real, cause I'm starting to freak myself out.

Comment

hmmm, well, from the looks they're not too impressive yet (it'll be hard to beat Anubis'), but I'll give them a chance and wait till I see them... in... *counts* 2 years or so... *beats slow TV here*

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                      Here's some screencaps of the Wraith Queen I made from the SciFi commercial:
                      What happened to the screen caps? =(
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

GhostPoet: They're just under my post on page 1?!

Comment

Darn some of you people are lucky to see previews....we haven't even been shown the 2nd half of S7 here let alone having the chance to see a preview of what the Wraiths look and act like.

But from the pictures I've seen, they look really NASTY and EVIL, that they make the toughest Goua'ld System Lords look like a bunch of sissies!

They're gonna be a tough bunch to beat. I just hope I won't get dissapointed that the new SG team find their weakness/es too early to beat them.
                          If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

I wouldn't have minded CG aliens. Nowdays they can make them look real.

But..after seeing the Wraith queen in action...I can say I have complete faith in the writers. The Wraith are gonna be awesome.
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
                              I think it would be cool if the Wraith were NOT a super highly advanced race who were on a level par with the Ancients. Much better realism (and hope for our chances against them ) if they were more of a sly, backstabbing species, who wiped out the ancients by poisoning their wine or something
                              I agree. What would it be like if on Atlantis we can hold our own against the Wraith who defeated the ancients, but meanwhile the SGC is still having trouble against the Goa'uld?

Comment

All I have to say is I'm already freaked out by the Marilyn Manson look-alike. Makes me shudder every time I see the trailer. Sounds like him/her/it, too. Might be a bit too freaky for me - we'll see.
                                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                                which the intellect scorns."
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X