This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    There is a four page article with Joe Flanigan in issue 3 (Jan 2005) of Dreamwatch. I found my copy at Borders Bookstore (US). Matthew Fox of the TV series "Lost" is on the cover.
    Mmmm....I wonder if this is included in the new UK issue.

*runs to the shops*

And I loved Shep's Die Hard routine in "The Eye" last night. But was I really the only one disappointed that he didn't strip down to his vest?
    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

I think without Major Sheppard there would be an empty spot in the show for me. While SGA is my favorite scifi right now, it could very well drop from that spot without the major and JFs acting talent. Makes one understand how the people who favor SG-1 and O'Neill feel about possibly losing RDA& character in the future.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I like Sheppard so far,he can be kinda of a jerk at times... but its rather entertaining.
        http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

i like sheppard him and mckay are my favs i like when there in a secen together

there funny in befor i sleep and the defiant one

Comment

Hi, I'm new! I just wanted to state that Sheppard is my fave character. Ahem, he's taken over Jack's place in my heart, LOL! I still love Jack, but it's great to have Sheppard now too!!!!

SHEPPARD: All due respect, Sir, we were just attacked by an alien missile. Then I found out I have some mutant gene. Then there's this Stargate thing and these exhibitions to other galaxies.
            O'NEILL: You know, this isn't about you Sheppard. It's a lot bigger than that.
            SHEPPARD: Right now, at this very second, whether I decide to go on this mission or not seems to be about me.

SHEPPARD: I shot him. In the leg
            MCKAY: I'm invulnerable!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Girl
              Hi, I'm new! I just wanted to state that Sheppard is my fave character. Ahem, he's taken over Jack's place in my heart, LOL! I still love Jack, but it's great to have Sheppard now too!!!!
              Love your signature... Sheppard's Girl... you sure live up to your username.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                I think without Major Sheppard there would be an empty spot in the show for me. While SGA is my favorite scifi right now, it could very well drop from that spot without the major and JFs acting talent. Makes one understand how the people who favor SG-1 and O'Neill feel about possibly losing RDA& character in the future.
                I'm with you... I don't think the show will be the same without Sheppard. I don't think he's that replaceable... there isn't another pilot of his skill and ability in the expedition (Markham perhaps). Who else is going to trade insults with McKay with the same degree of eloquence? It's really lovely to see the connection with everyone on the team and the respect that they have for his leadership ability.
                JF is a fabulous actor, very expressive and has great comic timing. It doesn't hurt that he's got leading men's looks as well.

Just curious to know. What kinds of scenarios would you like to see for the Major? Such as things to happen with Sheppard in future eps and such. All specs of course.
                Stuff that you've mentioned, Merlin, like the closet mathematical genius, his natural ability with Ancient tech but I would really, really love to see the chair again.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  Stuff that you've mentioned, Merlin, like the closet mathematical genius, his natural ability with Ancient tech but I would really, really love to see the chair again.
                  I was looking at GW picture of Mobeius. I believe I saw the chair in those.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    Love your signature... Sheppard's Girl... you sure live up to your username.
                    Well thank you! It's very easy to work with pictures of this man!!

SHEPPARD: All due respect, Sir, we were just attacked by an alien missile. Then I found out I have some mutant gene. Then there's this Stargate thing and these exhibitions to other galaxies.
                    O'NEILL: You know, this isn't about you Sheppard. It's a lot bigger than that.
                    SHEPPARD: Right now, at this very second, whether I decide to go on this mission or not seems to be about me.

SHEPPARD: I shot him. In the leg
                    MCKAY: I'm invulnerable!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                      I was looking at GW picture of Mobeius. I believe I saw the chair in those.
                      Wrong show, Easter Lily. Mobeius is SG-1.

It was pictures of The Seige, instead.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        Wrong show, Easter Lily. Mobeius is SG-1.

It was pictures of The Seige, instead.
                        No problems, Greytop... just thought for a while there that there was going to be a CROSSOVER!
                        Can't wait for The Siege... should be fun anyway...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Girl
                          Well thank you! It's very easy to work with pictures of this man!!
                          Yeah, the camera loves him... and he is great eye candy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Have you seen Joe on the TV Guide close up that's running right now? He gives a little behind the scenes tour during the filming of The Siege. He and David have some really funny banter about a stunt David is shooting.

Remaining show times (US Eastern)
                            1/4 9pm
                            1/5 3pm
                            1/6 1am
                            1/6 6pm

There’s about 3 minutes for the Stargate Atlantis segment, about 18 minutes into the program.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I was a bit dubious about the idea of SGA at first. Being so fond of SG-1 made me wary of an addition to the SG universe that could potentially tarnish the concept. So far, I'm pretty pleased with it. I don't think it's in the same league as SG-1 but that's partly a case of nothing being able to compare to my first love. The fact that I'm enjoying it so far and look forward to each new episode despite almost willing myself at the start not to like it is a good sign.

A lot of my enjoyment has been down to Sheppard as a character and therefore Joe as the actor. Some of that is due to him being ' extremely easy on the eyes' but as I wasn't initially particularly captivated by seeing him in the promo pictures it's more to do with the character. The actor can be Adonis but if the character sucks then I won't feel any compulsion to keep watching. I found the character of Sheppard appealing right from the start of the Pilot episode and he has continued to be so and that has just made me notice how 'fine' he is more. Sheppard is similar to O'Neill in terms of the humour but he is different enough in other aspects to make you want to find out more about him. I love O'Neill in SG-1, he cracks me up but I think there may potentially be more layers to Sheppard's character than O'Neill's if the writing does the show justice in the future.

I would like to see a possible Sheppard/Teyla romance because it would be precisely the kind of opportunity that could be used to reveal more layers to his character. Although one of SG-1 strength's was that the romance element was kept to a minimum and not allowed to wreak the kind of havoc that you can get on other shows. A romantic scenario would have to handled on SGA with great care. I generally just want to see lots of different situations for his character to show more than his already well established ability to kick bad guy ass!! I like the action a lot but the eps on SG-1 I always enjoyed the most were ones where the individual characters were put in situations either on their own or with just one other character that required them to handle things using more than just military prowess and quick thinking.

Small question:-
                              Is it just me or does Dr Weir have the hots for Sheppard?

I know she has a guy back on earth but I don't know even in the Pilot I got the vibe that she warmed to him faster than she did anyone else and she'd known all the others for longer. Maybe it was just because Sumner didn't really respect her whereas Sheppard did that she seemed so appreciative of his presence. It was the way she called him 'John' at one point early on that seemed particularly affectionate. She calls McKay 'Rodney' too but it never sounded quite as personal. Sheppard is easy going and laid back and therefore easy to like, Teyla and Ford warmed to him straight away but with Weir there just seems a bit more to it. In the ep where they went home in their minds she just came over a bit needy when she was visiting him in his quarters to check if he was going to leave Atlantis and she practically lost it when she was being told by 'Hammond' that Sheppard had said he didn't need her back on Atlantis. Professional pride was part of it but the whole ' I know Major Sheppard and he wouldn't say that' came over a bit strong. Sheppard doesn't give the same vibe back, he's chummy with everyone though he does seem extra fond of Teyla.

Esther
                              ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                              FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                                I was a bit dubious about the idea of SGA at first. Being so fond of SG-1 made me wary of an addition to the SG universe that could potentially tarnish the concept. So far, I'm pretty pleased with it. I don't think it's in the same league as SG-1 but that's partly a case of nothing being able to compare to my first love.
                                I was the same... my first reaction when I heard that there was going to be a spin-off series was "Why?". I was pretty skeptical about an entire tv show based in a city... thinking... "Eeek... how interesting is that going to be?" Since the pilot, I've become an Atlantis convert... in fact I like it more than SG-1 (which is not to say I don't like it either). It sometimes reminds me of a very good play which relies on witty banter and a building up of tension to capture the audience's attention. Sort of like Hitchcock's Rear Window.

A lot of my enjoyment has been down to Sheppard as a character and therefore Joe as the actor. Some of that is due to him being ' extremely easy on the eyes' but as I wasn't initially particularly captivated by seeing him in the promo pictures it's more to do with the character. I found the character of Sheppard appealing right from the start of the Pilot episode and he has continued to be so and that has just made me notice how 'fine' he is more.
                                Yeah, there's not a lot to dislike about Sheppard, is there? It's obvious that JF carries his responsibility as leading actor admirably.

I would like to see a possible Sheppard/Teyla romance because it would be precisely the kind of opportunity that could be used to reveal more layers to his character. Although one of SG-1 strength's was that the romance element was kept to a minimum and not allowed to wreak the kind of havoc that you can get on other shows. A romantic scenario would have to handled on SGA with great care. I generally just want to see lots of different situations for his character to show more than his already well established ability to kick bad guy ass!! I like the action a lot but the eps on SG-1 I always enjoyed the most were ones where the individual characters were put in situations either on their own or with just one other character that required them to handle things using more than just military prowess and quick thinking.
                                While I agree that a plot device like romance could occasionally be used to reveal more aspects to Sheppard's character, I believe it is just one of different ways in which this can be achieved. I worry about "ship" between main characters in sci-fi... I'm not against it per se... but I worry when it's introduced from nowhere and I worry that it'll degenerate into "Days of Our Lives". Possible spoiler for "Sanctuary"
                                Spoiler:
                                I suppose Sheppard has already had a taste of romance in the Pegasus galaxy with the priestess from "Sanctuary" and true, he did look shy and cute for one brief moment, I didn't think it did much to drive the overall story.

But the most important reason why I don't support a Teyla/Sheppard romance is because I don't see it... I don't feel that they have that kind of chemistry between them.

Small question:-
                                Is it just me or does Dr Weir have the hots for Sheppard?

I know she has a guy back on earth but I don't know even in the Pilot I got the vibe that she warmed to him faster than she did anyone else and she'd known all the others for longer. Maybe it was just because Sumner didn't really respect her whereas Sheppard did that she seemed so appreciative of his presence. It was the way she called him 'John' at one point early on that seemed particularly affectionate. She calls McKay 'Rodney' too but it never sounded quite as personal. Sheppard is easy going and laid back and therefore easy to like, Teyla and Ford warmed to him straight away but with Weir there just seems a bit more to it. In the ep where they went home in their minds she just came over a bit needy when she was visiting him in his quarters to check if he was going to leave Atlantis and she practically lost it when she was being told by 'Hammond' that Sheppard had said he didn't need her back on Atlantis. Professional pride was part of it but the whole ' I know Major Sheppard and he wouldn't say that' came over a bit strong. Sheppard doesn't give the same vibe back, he's chummy with everyone though he does seem extra fond of Teyla.
                                I don't think it's just you... I'm sure quite a lot of people on the Weir/Sheppard Ship thread think so too. I, myself, on the other hand, don't really see it... perhaps Weir does "have the hots" for him but it seems to me that I would "lose it" too if my second-in-command turned around and acted contrary to what I think he should have said in such a situation. I don't think that it was anything more the fact that she found it incredulous that Sheppard would have agreed with Gen Hammond's assessment of the situation. Perhaps she felt betrayed that a team member would go behind her back on this matter. Romance? Well, I'm not so sure about that...

There are some lovely moments in the latter episodes between Weir and Sheppard but then like you say, Sheppard has great moments with everyone. I don't know if the writers are heading in that direction but like you, I think they need to tread very, very carefully.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X