• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The Mummy 2
    Speed 2
    Tomb Raider 2
    Star Wars 2 & 3 - which could be considered prequels if you saw 4, 5 & 6

It really depends on taste, but yes sequels and prequels have just as much chance to flop.

I'm all for prequels and sequels, if they are done well.
    what's wrong with SW episode 2 and 3?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Their is an hour I want back
    LOL actually it's 88 minutes
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      Do you want the long or short list?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you want the long or short list?
        um... I'm not sure
        sigpic

Comment

If I may...

Short List: They existed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            I'm taking about a televised cartoon. But one that ignores this horrid trend in crappy "stylised" animation and brings back the animation style from the good old days of The Real Ghostbusters and Pirates of Darkwater.
            It would appeal to young viewers, but if it was written by a skilled team, then it wouldnt seem childish and could also appeal to regular Stargate fans, and you wouldnt need previous Stargate knowledge to watch it.
            All right, with the restriction that the style must not be that awful "modern" style, then I agree. I was somewhat traumatised when I first saw the advertisement campaign for "The Clone Wars".
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

Well... boring... I made it through 2 without falling asleep, but 3 made me drift off in cinema no less.

Quite honestly I can't even remember what happened, except I do remember my sister cheering for Yoda at some point, also in theatre.

But, as brave as I am, I'm going to watch all 6 Star Wars films... at some point in time.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I suggest lots and lots of caffine
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I suggest lots and lots of caffine
                  I'm going to keep that in mind. Thanks.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

BW and RCC killed the character, M&M and Mark Stern brought him back.
                    Again ... they all did it.

TBTB aren't stupid,
                    I beg to differ.

they know how popular the character is so I'm sure that he'll appear in future movies.
                    So is Elizabeth.

Comment

Can I ask how many names are on your petition now Reiko?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        Could you really only sit through the first half?

Hasn't already been speculated that the Wraith were created when humans were "seeded" by the Ancients on world with the Iratus bug? That makes it their fault sort of regardless.

Bad sequels that totally let me down and made me want to hurl something at the theatre screen?

The two Matrix sequels.
                        I believe the wraith were not "accidently" created, but created "on purpose" by the ancients....why I don't know...why have an exploding tumor machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          Again ... they all did it.
                          LOL prove it BW and RCC were showrunners during s1-3, they killed Carson. M&M and Mark Stern brought him back

I beg to differ.
                          I'm not surprised

So is Elizabeth.
                          so? I never said that she wasn't popular. however it makes a lot more sense to include Carson in future movies than Weir imo
                          sigpic

Comment

What they could do is set movies during this time period & make them about exploring the cities & that way they can get away with bringing back dead expedition members & they can use the Puddle Jumpers & space gates to run into Hive Ships for some action

Comment

but they continued Carson's and Weir's arc
                              Kinda have to disagree...

Not about Carson, they definitely have been busy with him! But with Ford and Weir, I cannot agree. They claimed to have this great new story arc for Ford that was just gonna be great for his character, when in reality, they used him to intro Ronan and for a mid-season 2 parter, and that was it. It wasn't good for his character. It was the end of his character.

They did something similar, but more drawn out with Weir. She was briefly featured in Adrift, and her "arc" was a side note to the main story of Atlantis being in danger. Until they needed her condition to save the city in "Lifeline," then her arc came front & center. Next time she's mentioned is oh-so-briefly in TMC, and we get the tiniest of glimpses of her in BAMSR. This isn't so much an arc as one of those serial cartoons that used to air before movies. At least Ford was a major player in each of the 3 (4?) episodes of his arc... If this is truly an arc, than the set-up (Adrift & Lifeline) took longer than the body and resolution of the arc.

We did finally get a, IMO, great episode in GITM! But, I would not call this a 5 episode arc. More like a 2.3141592653589 episode arc In the strictest sense, I have to say that "yes, you're right" they did continue Weir's arc, but I felt a little deceived, and a little bitter when we were told she would be in 4 episodes in Season 4, but in two of those, she was barely in it, and in one, TMC, it wasn't even her. It felt like Ford all over again, when they were just trying to ween us (those of us that liked her) off of the character.

Comment

Mallozzi should stay away from the movie.

Have Binder or Kindler write it.

Comment

Working...
                                X