• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Drat. *kicks floor*
    LOL

Sorry, I seem to have taken us away from the main topic...

Ah yes.

NO SGA PREQUELS!
    I'd check them out but I'm much more interested in stories with the current cast
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      LOL

I'd check them out but I'm much more interested in stories with the current cast
      Prequels, or rather... Midquels as I suppose this might be... would just seem rather forced. Things are meant to progress in a linear fashion, for a start, McKay already looks noticably older for some reason but... I dunno, besides, if it aired during a season.. WHERE WOULD I PUT IT ON MY SHELF!? :O

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Prequels, or rather... Midquels as I suppose this might be... would just seem rather forced. Things are meant to progress in a linear fashion, for a start, McKay already looks noticably older for some reason but... I dunno, besides, if it aired during a season.. WHERE WOULD I PUT IT ON MY SHELF!? :O
        well I did enjoy Razor so it might work but why do prequels if you can tell interesting stories with the current cast?
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well... yes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

NO SGA PREQUELS!
            I don't necessarily agree. I'd like a film (for that, films work better than episodes) about the war between ancients and wraith, 10000 years ago. Of course, it would imply neither the new cast nor the old one, so it's not relevant to the current discussion. But on a general note, this is a prequel I'd want to see.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

Spiderman 2
              X-Men 2
              Godfather 2
              Scream 2
              Back to the Future 2
              The Lost World

Flops? Really?
              The Mummy 2
              Speed 2
              Tomb Raider 2
              Star Wars 2 & 3 - which could be considered prequels if you saw 4, 5 & 6

It really depends on taste, but yes sequels and prequels have just as much chance to flop.

I'm all for prequels and sequels, if they are done well.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Here's my spin:

Beckett

Easy enough to drop him in and I do really enjoy the character so would be great to have Beckett in a movie (or rather, Clone!Beckett). I'd like to hear some details on how he settled back on Earth after being rescued from Michael, and how his family came to terms with seeing someone they thought long dead.

Weir

It'd be pretty difficult to bring Weir back in the form of TH and, tbh, I think Michelle Morgan plays Weir better than TH ever did and the whole Replicator ascension thing actually adds a slant of interest to the character where there was none before.
                I couldn't help but notice how PTB left it quite easy to bring MM back as Weir when they could've so easily plunged them all into a sun or black hole, so I can't help but wonder if PTB have something in the back of their mind to bring her back, although I doubt that would be a priority now that the show has been cancelled.

Ford

I was never a big fan of Ford prior to the enzyme, he was a big member of the pointless club along with Weir and Teyla.
                I wouldn't mind if they brought back Enzyme Ford, but with possibly a touch of cooperation with Atlantis, I don't think he'd suit being a big bad for a movie.
                However, as far as I am concerned, he was blown up with the Hive ship so I doubt he will ever return except as some alien manifestation which just wouldn't be the same.
                Last edited by talyn2k1; 20 October 2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  really? we're not talking about ENT what about Razor?
                  Their is an hour I want back
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Spiderman 2
                    X-Men 2
                    Godfather 2
                    Scream 2
                    Back to the Future 2
                    The Lost World

Flops? Really?
                    for BAD prequel... the scorpion king! one terrible movie! bad sequal- the worst I have seen curently is Indiana Jones 4 -- what a snorefest!

ITA (i can't green you again yet though!) Imagine william shatner playing a young kirk TODAY! oh not pretty!

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                    I don't necessarily agree. I'd like a film (for that, films work better than episodes) about the war between ancients and wraith, 10000 years ago. Of course, it would imply neither the new cast nor the old one, so it's not relevant to the current discussion. But on a general note, this is a prequel I'd want to see.
                    Now that is a prequel I could go for... how the war happened (I still think the ancients created the wraith! THAT is their dirty little secret! ) and how it was fought.
                    Last edited by Rac80; 05 September 2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Their is an hour I want back
                      Could you really only sit through the first half?

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      Now that is a prequel I could go for... how the war happened (I still think the ancients created the wraith! THAT is their dirty little secret! ) and how it was fought.
                      Hasn't already been speculated that the Wraith were created when humans were "seeded" by the Ancients on world with the Iratus bug? That makes it their fault sort of regardless.

Bad sequels that totally let me down and made me want to hurl something at the theatre screen?

The two Matrix sequels.
                      sigpic

Comment

They could combine the two by somehow having the Team (whoever you think is Team) get time-traveled back and end up getting involved in the war, that might work. (which is why sci-fi is so great!)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          for BAD prequel... the scorpion king! one terrible movie! bad sequal- the worst I ahve sen curently is Indiana Jones 4 -- what a snorefest!

ITA (i can't green you again yet though!) Imagine william shatner playing a young kirk TODAY! oh not pretty!

I'd rather see the Ancients prequel as a cartoon series, than a movie.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            Could you really only sit through the first half? Hasn't already been speculated that the Wraith were created when humans were "seeded" by the Ancients on world with the Iratus bug??* That makes it their fault sort of regardless.Bad sequels that totally let me down and made me want to hurl something at the theatre screen?The two Matrix sequels.
                            Its not my fault I fell asleep.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I'd rather see the Ancients prequel as a cartoon series, than a movie.
                              I'm unsure I understand correctly: Do you mean strip cartoons or cartoon films? Because considering how ugly and ridiculous recent cartoons films look (such as the new Star Wars... ), I'd rather not. If you are talking about comic strips, then why not, although I'm not fond of the existing SGA ones.
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm unsure I understand correctly: Do you mean strip cartoons or cartoon films? Because considering how ugly and ridiculous recent cartoons films look (such as the new Star Wars... ), I'd rather not. If you are talking about comic strips, then why not, although I'm not fond of the existing SGA ones.
                                I'm taking about a televised cartoon. But one that ignores this horrid trend in crappy "stylised" animation and brings back the animation style from the good old days of The Real Ghostbusters and Pirates of Darkwater.

It would appeal to young viewers, but if it was written by a skilled team, then it wouldnt seem childish and could also appeal to regular Stargate fans, and you wouldnt need previous Stargate knowledge to watch it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X