This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesgilfoyle View Post
    Thanks for the info!! But i must say that i disagree with the threatening part. I feel that we wont get anywhere with such tactics and a respecfull campaign on all parts will be the only way that our message will be heard. Its my opinion that a negative campaign will most certainly be ignored.
    I agree. We need to make our collective voice as loud as possible without resorting to threat and negativity!!
    sigpic

Comment

I have signed the petition of course, but I just don't think it is going to work. When the Roswell fans did this, they got organized over three fan sites linking together to do it. If we can do that, maybe the producers will see we are serious. Let's face it, the producers (who are behind this with MGM, not SCI FI) are more interested in SU right now. They did this to make way for SU. And also, like I said the HP petition with over 40,000 signatures has already been shot down!! What does everyone think of SERIOUSLY starting the lemon campaign? But it would take dedication and organization...
      &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

I also agree that it must be done in a respectful manner! We'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar!
        &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
          I have signed the petition of course, but I just don't think it is going to work. When the Roswell fans did this, they got organized over three fan sites linking together to do it. If we can do that, maybe the producers will see we are serious. Let's face it, the producers (who are behind this with MGM, not SCI FI) are more interested in SU right now. They did this to make way for SU. And also, like I said the HP petition with over 40,000 signatures has already been shot down!! What does everyone think of SERIOUSLY starting the lemon campaign? But it would take dedication and organization...
          If we do do the lemon campaign, is there anyone who lives near Bridge Studios or in the British Columbia vicinity who can afford to do this? Maybe several people could do it, y'know to spread the cost!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
            Just a little feedback on that... yes, it's kinda cool, but you need to downsize it considerably. NO bigger than 800x600 pixels. It's obvious you designed it for a large resolution widescreen moniter (same goes for the website), well... not everybody has a widescreen moniter. So you are going to have to deal to the lowest player, in that case, 800x600 pixels (even though many out there no longer have that and most are now at 1200x800 or bigger, still, there are a select few). So, either make your flash video smaller, or set dimension codes to resize by percent in relation to the window/screen size (same goes for the main website).

Just speaking from experience here.
            Hi! McKay has gone offline now, but I know she agreed with this and appreciated the input.

Our main aim today was purely to get a functioning site up and running as quick as possible to get information, links and forum up for all the fans. We will pretty it up in the next coming days, and have it looking smart while the ideas pour in.

Whatever the decision taken, is fine by me. I will be linking all sites in ours anyway and people can see everything that is out there and get campaigns started to save our show!

I do hope that people will take part in the Vlog section as that would be our idea in the campaign side of things, as well as helping out with the other ones such as lemons and postcards and such!

I need to go offline soon, as I am SHATTERED!! I will check back in tomorrow and then get busy with the site and its linked components.

Whatever happens, lets SAVE THE LOST CITY!! SAVE OUR STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!
            Save Our Stargate Atlantis!!

www.SOSGA.net

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
              If we do do the lemon campaign, is there anyone who lives near Bridge Studios or in the British Columbia vicinity who can afford to do this? Maybe several people could do it, y'know to spread the cost!
              Maybe we could find a local fruit distributor - have a collection - and then order the fruit to be delivered?

Would make more send and would totally have more impact because of the amount that could arrive at the same time
              Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think if every fan would just send a bag of lemons to the same address (MGM?) than it could work. The big thing is lobbying EVERYONE to do it. Like getting both of the new save the lost city websites to work TOGETHER. We need to find the address where to send them. I have some free time, so I am willing to put in what ever help I can offer (though I've never done anything like this before!)
                &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

i'm starting with make a save sga vid for youtoube rightaway

Comment

Oooooh! Getting it all sent at once IS a really good idea! It would definitely make an impact! Maybe one of the sites can set up a way to donate save $5 or something, and then someone can organize it with the fruit distributor. GREAT idea if we can somehow work it. It will take organization...and trust! And a great fund raising effort!
                    &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

I am guessing we would need to send it to the main MGM offices to really make an impact. Plus, we'd need press. I could go see if I can email Stargate Magazine and see if they would be willing to run an article. I'm pretty sure they take email from fans.... What do you all think?
                      &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Actually, I think if every fan would just send a bag of lemons to the same address (MGM?) than it could work. The big thing is lobbying EVERYONE to do it. Like getting both of the new save the lost city websites to work TOGETHER. We need to find the address where to send them. I have some free time, so I am willing to put in what ever help I can offer (though I've never done anything like this before!)
                        That would be good!! WE could send them to:

Ms. Chris Sanagustin - Vice President of Original Programming and is in charge of Stargate Atlantis for Sci-fi or if you wanna go higher you could send them to Mr. Mark Stern - Executive VP of Original Programming. What do you think, guys?
                        sigpic

Comment

Great thinking! But I think we also need to send it to the producers/MGM because I think they have more to do with this than the Sci Fi channel. I seriously think that the producers just want to make SU so bad that they were willing to sacrifice SGA to do it. Just my opinion of course, but the fact that they are pushing SU the DAY after SGA is canceled...
                          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

I am guessing we would need to send it to the main MGM offices to really make an impact. Plus, we'd need press. I could go see if I can email Stargate Magazine and see if they would be willing to run an article. I'm pretty sure they take email from fans.... What do you all think?
                            would be great, maybe even some bigger medias will make an article or so

wouldn't it be great if the new york times would bring an article that mgm has been bombarded with 100'000 lemons?

Comment

Originally posted by solarhelios View Post
                              would be great, maybe even some bigger medias will make an article or so

wouldn't it be great if the new york times would bring an article that mgm has been bombarded with 100'000 lemons?
                              Would be amazing!!

save-thelostcity.com is currently in the process of implimenting this
                              Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Oooh....I'm getting all pumped reading all these posts! I wanna send the lemons!
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X