Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'm not giving up until I know for sure that we can't do anything more
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Had I the money I'd do a show, and it's purpose is to deflate Universe, tell you what, every time i watch SGA, I get mad and I'd do anything to take down SGU.

Comment

lol I feel the same way.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I quote this from JM's blog
          Now allow me to clarify a few things about the Stargate: Atlantis movie. Back in the 2008, we floated the possibility of shooting a two-hour Atlantis movie. The idea was to roll right into it right after episode 20 and then play it by ear. If the show got picked up for a sixth season, those two hours would form the first two episodes. In the event the show was not picked up, then we’d already have a movie in the can.
          Here the entire JM's post
          Spoiler:
          Now allow me to clarify a few things about the Stargate: Atlantis movie. Back in the 2008, we floated the possibility of shooting a two-hour Atlantis movie. The idea was to roll right into it right after episode 20 and then play it by ear. If the show got picked up for a sixth season, those two hours would form the first two episodes. In the event the show was not picked up, then we’d already have a movie in the can. Alas, Project Twilight (which is what I dubbed the two hour event at the time) didn’t come to pass. The series ended and focus shifted to Stargate: Universe. But not ALL of the focus because the intention has always been to make a movie. Actually, the focus has been to make two movies: an SG-1 movie, and an Atlantis movie. Now many of you are asking: “Hey, we hear that production on the Atlantis movie is being held up by the economy and yet, you have the money to make a new series and that SG-1 movie. What gives?” Well, first of all, it’s not a simple matter of us getting a whack of money and being able to pick and choose the projects we want to apply it to. Each production whether it be SGU, SG-1, or SGA, is contingent on their respective deals. And no two deals are alike. Furthermore, part of a project’s production budget is made up of licensing fees from various broadcasters, sales to various territories both domestic and international. Now these entities are a fickle bunch and won’t just buy anything. If they want product A, you can’t just replace it with product B. And that’s just one aspect of the many elements that go into any given deal. The bottom line is that the deal in place for Stargate: Universe has different components than the deal for the SG-1 movie which has different components than the deal for the SGA movie (yes, in spite of the fact that they are both Stargate movies, the deals are different).....

So even though the SG-1 movie has been greenlit, I can assure you that plans are still in place to move forward on the Atlantis movie as well. Brad is working on the SG-1 script while Paul and I hope to have a first draft of the Atlantis script by month’s end (we’re already past the halfway mark). No firm production dates for either movies, but if I was a betting man, I’d be looking at this fall. All this to say - there’s no need to get all negative. When there is a need, I’ll let you all know but, at present, we’re making progress on all fronts: SGU, SG-1, AND SGA.

This wonder why, if they knew the news in May why JM/PM didn't begin to write the SGA movie script at this time or just after the end of 5th season instead of beginning to speak of it in January or February and beginning to write it in March. One of the explanation of the delay in comparison of SG1 movie is the script was more advanced than SGA's one. One of the reason of the cancellation was the move to movie format or big canvas. So why they've waited for 7 months? More they will wait for less we will have chance to get it. I thought they wanted to use the SGA success or benefit of high ratings to launch it. Now they wait.
          The idea was to roll right into it right after episode 20 and then play it by ear. If the show got picked up for a sixth season, those two hours would form the first two episodes
          Alas, Project Twilight (which is what I dubbed the two hour event at the time) didn’t come to pass
          According to one actor of the main cast at Bedford.
          "We work so hard to make a connection between the character and the audience, and they just dismiss it. They think it's their formula that makes it a success and they can just replace us."
          I know there are a lot of understandable bitterness in it but currently it's what happen right now.
          If they want product A, you can’t just replace it with product B
          Replacement or not replacement.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          BW hasnt been involved in SGA for over 2 years. He handed it over to JM/PM so how could he have been run ragged when he gave most of the workload over to other producers.. this is just another one of the excuses to add to the pile.

I get so sick of this kind of statement. Most fans who don't want to watch SGU are doing so because it just doesnt interest them. and yes maybe some have just had enough of TPTB and won't put any faith in them again because of the way they have been treated... why would SGA fans have any interest in watching another show that doesn't feature any of their favourite characters or appeal in any way. Why are we expected to love this new concept just because its got Stargate in the name..
          Oh WAIT, maybe cos we told us they became too old for the show and didn't belong anymore to the age bracket. I felt becoming older in August. I felt hurting.
          Odd, but thinking there will be a show with the name starGATE in it when there will not be a gate but a ship. I always thought the show represents some travels through the gate.
          And you're right, I don't follow the franchise cos there would be Stargate name in it. I'm not so stupid and I'm no a sheep too.

And why do they need a translator and is Jackson the only translator in the entire Stargate programme. Again the same for RDA, why him... the only reason is to draw in SG1 viewers as the ptb now feel SGU needs every bit of help it can get because fans aren't jumping up and down with excitment for their new project.
          Only cos additional stunt. They need some more known named actors to get audience after having got rid of us (means the olders, now they need of us).

I'm sure they are more expensive than regular guest stars and if the ptb felt the need to include other SG characters why does it have to be SG1 characters only.. if the can fit in Carter then they could easily have fitted in McKay... don't they think the SGA characters will attract fans as well..
          Maybe cos BW has few worked with them for 5 years or he didn't like SGA cast as it would seem he didn't like so much Atlantis Show. JM/PM seem more related with. it's what I feel.

BW wanted to make SGU for over 2 years and knew last May that SGA would have to go if he was going to be able to make SGU .... yet he failed to pass on this information at Comic Con and even then tried to string along SGA fans by saying if it didnt continue we would definitely get a movie.. so how is that fair....
          Again BW knew before Comic con that SGA was not going to get a 6th season because he made the decision that he didnt want 2 shows to run smiltaneously.... maybe he chose to keep that info from some of the other producers as well as the fans.. but somehow I doubt that most of them didnt know.. Why was Martin Gero so anxious to get McKay his happy ever after with Keller unless he knew that he wasnt going to get another chance to do so... even the actors said they knew something was up long before they were told
          I agree. The TPTB didn't say any word at san Diego con in June when they knew the news and even MG said there will either 6th season or one movie. There will not currently a 6th season and we have no news about the movie. JM is working on it since......
          At Vancouver con, The actors said they picked up some strange vibes for some times so JM/PM decided to announce them.

MGM and Scifi were happy to go with a 6th season of SGA...so again who did that leave with the decision..
          You Ask......BW

MGM didnt make its mind up long ago to cancel SGA.. they were happy to go with a season 6.... the show was doing well and making them money but the PTB lost interest in it and wanted something new and pitched their new idea to MGM....and didnt want to make 2 shows at the same time.
          ITA

which was a really bad move IMO... you dont cancel something that is doing well for something totally unproven and give no lead in for it... if BW had let SGA go another season and put some care into the final season, then maybe some fans may have been more open to give SGU a chance....but all he succeeded in doing was dismissing SGA fans with statements about them being too old and then needing a younger audience... (but how they plan on drawing in a younger audience with the average age of the SGU cast older than the SGA one, and now with the older SG1 characters is beyond me, though it doesn't bode well that a guest star has made a statement about SGU turning into a teen drama already) Then we have BW telling SGA fans they'll be happy with anything Stargate as they will be getting their fix.. and not even giving the fans a moment to let the news sink in before announcing their new show..

Noone knows how SGU will do but I dont see it doing any better than Atlantis.... the pilot will attract more viewers but after that I dont see these writers drawing in more viewers or increasing the ratings... if BSG couldnt maintain any better ratings than SGA then I dont see SGU doing any better...
          ITA again
          I can't tell better and I share all what you said.
          In fact when there was the casting call an actress declared they searched for young actors now they hired more older to tempt to keep their OLD viewers they got rid of 7 month ago and treated so badly since this time.

I read the news that the show turns out to teen show

I FEEL ABANDONNED BY THE TPTB.
          Thinking of they made this to help offset the upset SGA fans makes me sick.
          I stay upset, annoyed and disappointed
          They play with our nerves till when.
          First, they canceled Atlantis cos it appeared it cost a lot to produce.
          2nd, they wanted to created a new fresh stand alone show, SGU with known actor, R. Carlyle to attract viewers and enlarge the audience.....to young viewers only.
          Third, There would be in it LP diamond .
          4th, There would be MS' cameo in the premiere.
          5th They called for help MR RDA for multiple appearances.( where is the stand alone show without connection with SGC or earth?)
          Now AT will be in it too.
          It begins to become similar to SG1.
          The TPTB are totally redirecting their new "concept" to old concept to respond to all the big negative hype about SGU and the SGA cancellation.
          Why the TPTB don't understand the negative vibe about SGU and the fan's disappointment?

BRING BACK ATLANTIS

Where is the creative call they claimed at the beginning?
          Don't you notice anything?
          Where are the SGA members cast?
          Have you got some news about SGA movie?
          Someone declared the SGA must be more patient till when? Till the definitive cancellation? It seems to me an end way.
          I'm afraid of hearing this sad news.

PS I don't see here any hatred but only disappointment and huge annoyance about all of its waste.
          Last edited by domdom; 19 April 2009, 04:18 AM.

Made by Csom
          Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA
          visit campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign for 6th season.
          Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
          SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
            Had I the money I'd do a show, and it's purpose is to deflate Universe, tell you what, every time i watch SGA, I get mad and I'd do anything to take down SGU.
            I feel sad.

Made by Csom
            Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA
            visit campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign for 6th season.
            Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
            SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

I feel sad too
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                wow so much for you guys taking the high road with all this.seriously you get amd at us for wat we say and claim not to have hate for sgu and that you are just not interested in sgu...well so much those statements when you have comments like this.

Comment

we must save the series or get finger cramp trying.
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

I created a Yahoo Group for Save SGA. here is the link
                    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantislostcity/

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                      we must save the series or get finger cramp trying.
                      I like that.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                        wow so much for you guys taking the high road with all this.seriously you get amd at us for wat we say and claim not to have hate for sgu and that you are just not interested in sgu...well so much those statements when you have comments like this.
                        I made bold the part of your comment that shows you to be either a writer or producer of Atlantis/SGU are you in fact BW?

So as one of the makers of Atlantis, what kind of reaction did you expect from the fans when you kill a great show to make way for a lame copycat idea of SGU?

The next day after Atlantis was cancelled SGU was announced to be a go, so yes Atlantis was killed in favor of the new brain child.

Had it been a new and freash Idea I may have had some positive curiosity about it, enought to tune in and give it a try, BUT........

Lost in another galaxy unable to contact home..... Lost in space did this first, then Star Trek Voyager tried it, and the only reason it made 7 seasons is because it was on a new network and was the best show they had, if it would have went to fox, cbs or any other channle it would never have made it.

The early announcements also said " TPTB wanted a younger audiance" they were in effect saying we want a new audiance and dont care for the old fans of the franchise!

Yea the fans we po-ed for many good reasons,

As a gesture of good will towards your fans you should put forth to MGM to do both series at the same time for a couple of years.

Do this and I will give SGU a fair try (even though the trailers make it look lame), as I did Atlantis when it came on after SG1. As I thought Atlantis was a corny Idea for a series, good for a few episodes but a series? And yea I fell in love with it. But I did not have the dislike for it that I have for SGU, had SG1 been axed to make way for Atlantis, I and many other fans would not have given it a chance either!

Just use 2 seperate production teams so no one gets overloaded!
                        Want More Atlantis? Call MGM 310-449-3000 Ask for Jeff Pryor or Charles E. Cohen
                        Click banner to go to site!

Comment

Originally posted by scifinut007 View Post
                          I made bold the part of your comment that shows you to be either a writer or producer of Atlantis/SGU are you in fact BW?

So as one of the makers of Atlantis, what kind of reaction did you expect from the fans when you kill a great show to make way for a lame copycat idea of SGU?

The next day after Atlantis was cancelled SGU was announced to be a go, so yes Atlantis was killed in favor of the new brain child.

Had it been a new and freash Idea I may have had some positive curiosity about it, enought to tune in and give it a try, BUT........

Lost in another galaxy unable to contact home..... Lost in space did this first, then Star Trek Voyager tried it, and the only reason it made 7 seasons is because it was on a new network and was the best show they had, if it would have went to fox, cbs or any other channle it would never have made it.

The early announcements also said " TPTB wanted a younger audiance" they were in effect saying we want a new audiance and dont care for the old fans of the franchise!

Yea the fans we po-ed for many good reasons,

As a gesture of good will towards your fans you should put forth to MGM to do both series at the same time for a couple of years.

Do this and I will give SGU a fair try (even though the trailers make it look lame), as I did Atlantis when it came on after SG1. As I thought Atlantis was a corny Idea for a series, good for a few episodes but a series? And yea I fell in love with it. But I did not have the dislike for it that I have for SGU, had SG1 been axed to make way for Atlantis, I and many other fans would not have given it a chance either!

Just use 2 seperate production teams so no one gets overloaded!
                          haha no im not any of those people.im a fan of sga like all of you...only difference is im not holding the cancellation against sgu because it was pitched a few years back.yeah it was handled badly and yeah sga was great but when people start throwing around statements like"ill do anything to take down sgu" it gets to me.i have no problem with this campaign but i do have a problem with a few select comments made by those in here.
                          i check to see how the campaign is going,see if you guys make any progress or if you come up with something that will bring it back.im sure you would have been upset back then but look now you enjoy sga and it easily could have pushed sg1 aside just like sga was.dont you think you would be upset knowing you passed up an awfully good show(most of the time) just because another show was cancelled?if it doesnt interest you,it doesnt interest you but insults of that kind dont need to be said imo.
                          and just because a producer says they want to gain younger viewers doesnt mean they are saying they they dont care about older fans.they are incorporating quite a bit of elements from the past shows,from guest stars,sg1 and sga(they are discussing who could and would appear) and the humor and action but making it more serialized and dramtic(and no not 9210 drama).i mean no disrespect to anyone...in fact quite of few you have my respect and i actually respect that you want to fight for the show you love but just because your angry doesnt mean you have to attack something and use slanderess(hope i spelled that right) statements against it.
                          and people could do a lot of things,im guessing BW wanted his best people back with him and when they ran sg1 and sgu together...it was all the same people for both shows.

Comment

How can a show win The Peoples Choice Award so often and be doing so Great and then get Cancelled!!?!?!?!?!!! Bring Back Stargate Atlantis!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount View Post
                              How can a show win The Peoples Choice Award so often and be doing so Great and then get Cancelled!!?!?!?!?!!! Bring Back Stargate Atlantis!!!
                              I agree...I don't get it
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Finally!

i finished my vid and uploaded it
                                actuallly i finished it quite some time ago, just had problem uploading it

hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj6w_iPQVAQ

Comment

Working...
                                X