Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I greatly wish for a Season 6 of SGA, not a movie to wrap it up! Season 5 was too much of a filler season it seemed, I blame Sci Fi, as they seem to cancel many good shows.

Comment

I will give out money if they save it. It will of course be Aussie money so it won't be worth that much.
      Some say that he has only one ear.
      And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
      All we know is he's called
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifinut007 View Post
        I continue to make phone calls with my kind but firm opinion, why?

Because it gives the studio direct feedback that they cannot ignore, they are a business and have to answer their phones, so even when I get a voice recorder offering to leave a message I do leave one, as it has to get listened to by someone....

when the voice says "you have reached Charels Cohen Or Jeff Pryor"

he may or may not hear it first hand,

if he doesnt his secratay does, can you hear her, "Mr Cohen we just got another viewer asking for Atlantis to come back as a series, and they said they would not be watching SGU, they did see the trailers online and said it sucks", or at the end or the day Mr Cohen asks OK how many Atlantis calls came in to day? she says 50 or 100 1000?

I think we should find more than one # for MGM and set aside 1 day for all to call MGM, everyone should say the same thing say......

"I saw SGU trailers, The show is doomed to fail, Bring back Atlantis as a series, it should never have been let go!"

Yea light up there phones on one day with thousands of phone calls!

I could call once every half hour that day, as I carry my cell with me, and already have 1 # programmed in as MGM.

Say, what do you all think of this? I think it's a great idea -- and pretty easy and cheap too. I have an idea for those outside the US too -- internet faxes -- but that require know the fax number, so hopefully someone can find it and verify it too (Any volunteers?) I think we need to set up a day or a week for this to happen -- though a day or even two would be more effective, if everyone can participate.

Just think, in the very least, you will get to express how you don't like the treatment we've received, and very possibly, at least ensure an SGA movie is made. But given enough of us, and it will really get their attention.
        Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
        Save Atlantis Campaign Website
        Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
        NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
        Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
        SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          I keep saying they would've ultimately made more money having both shows on, but of course they don't think like that
          They may or may not have made more money with both on the air. But they ran themselves ragged running SG1 and SGA concurrently. They sometimes had 20 hour days because of it and don't want to do it again. SGU was greenlit two years ago, but they didn't want to do both together for this reason. I can respect that.

Originally posted by gatebuilders39 View Post
          They do need SG-1 Cast to grab viewers, ...
          It is odd bringing in SG-1 Cast. SGA cast were going to get a pay rise, that is supposed to be another reason for axing SGA. yet they have bring in Top stars including SG-1 Cast. ...

I can understand Shanks appearing but why RDA.

they keep telling us things that dont make sense for ending SGA. They keep contridignating
          With the amount of undue hatred toward their new show before the pilot was even written do you blame them for adding SG1 cast to make people give the First episode a chance?
          RDA makes more sense than Shanks. O'Neill is head of homeworld security. It makes sense for him to take interest in this. Jackson is a translator...
          The old SG1 cast aren't Hollywood movie stars, btw. It's not like they're having Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie appear in multiple eps. The cast of SG1 is relatively inexpensive to guest cast. So that's not a contradiction at all.

Originally posted by domdom View Post
          ITA.
          They'd seem the high rates of SGA would be the reason of the cancellation. It's odd. It's the fisrt time I see this in the TV world. The TPTB cancel a show cos its success. The strange thing The writters prepared 5th season to launch the 6th season. Why did they stop this? Cos BW.
          Angel was canceled by the network for this reason. MGM and SciFi canceled SGA, not BW. Blaming him is unfair.
          In addition, could you explain me how the TPTB could know how the rates could evolve in the future? I always thought the studios or producers cancelled shows when these ones didn't encounter anymore success, run out if the stream.
          Again, TPTB didn't cancel Atlantis. As you yourself said, they wrote season 5 to lead in to season 6. They were as surprised by the cancellation as anyone.
          I agree series is always better than movie. Alex Levine executive producer on SGA thinks the same.

I can't tell better.
          I share all what you said.
          I watched the 2 trailers and I found nothing original at all about the 2nd one.
          It's a lack of originality and especially when I saw the "girls". WOW
          How can we cancel SGA for this?
          Where is the "creativity" so announced by the TPTB?
          First of all, never trust a trailer. Secondly, you can't judge the creativity of a show based on it's trailer. Trailers are made by the marketing people at the network, not by the people producing the show. Third, they didn;t cancel SGA for this. They canceled sga plain and simple. BW had been promised to make this at whatever time Atlantis was canceled and he called in the marker.
          There is so much lack of creativity they call to help RDA and MS.
          Yes I know they did the same to launch SGA the 15 minutes beginning of the pilot.
          These trailers didn't give me the desire to watch SGU but brought me a lot of regrets. So I think we must fight to tempt to bring back a quality show on TV screen as series.
          So you say it's lack of creativity to have them now, but not then? They're the two characters from the movie. It would be lacking to not have them appear in the pilot.
          Originally posted by scifinut007 View Post
          I continue to make phone calls with my kind but firm opinion, why?

Because it gives the studio direct feedback that they cannot ignore, they are a business and have to answer their phones, so even when I get a voice recorder offering to leave a message I do leave one, as it has to get listened to by someone....

I think we should find more than one # for MGM and set aside 1 day for all to call MGM, everyone should say the same thing say......

"I saw SGU trailers, The show is doomed to fail, Bring back Atlantis as a series, it should never have been let go!"

Yea light up there phones on one day with thousands of phone calls!

I could call once every half hour that day, as I carry my cell with me, and already have 1 # programmed in as MGM.
          This will do nothing but annoy them. SGU has gone to series, and TPTB aren't doing two shows concurrently again, and MGM made up it's mind to cancel Atlantis long ago. You don't know SGU is doomed to fail and are just assuming it is because you're upset Atlantis was canceled. Seriously, you should watch the pilot with an open mind before deciding if you like it or not. As I said before, trailers mean nothing.

I'm sorry to be "Mr. Bringdown" here, but the point of no return for uncanceling Atlantis came and went when SGU began filming.
          "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
          "Those who abandon the path are evil."
          "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Originally posted by gatebuilders39 View Post
            It is odd bringing in SG-1 Cast. SGA cast were going to get a pay rise, that is supposed to be another reason for axing SGA.
            Aww, that sucks!
            "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mastage Kidd View Post
              They may or may not have made more money with both on the air. But they ran themselves ragged running SG1 and SGA concurrently. They sometimes had 20 hour days because of it and don't want to do it again. SGU was greenlit two years ago, but they didn't want to do both together for this reason. I can respect that.

With the amount of undue hatred toward their new show before the pilot was even written do you blame them for adding SG1 cast to make people give the First episode a chance?
              RDA makes more sense than Shanks. O'Neill is head of homeworld security. It makes sense for him to take interest in this. Jackson is a translator...
              The old SG1 cast aren't Hollywood movie stars, btw. It's not like they're having Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie appear in multiple eps. The cast of SG1 is relatively inexpensive to guest cast. So that's not a contradiction at all.

Angel was canceled by the network for this reason. MGM and SciFi canceled SGA, not BW. Blaming him is unfair.
              Again, TPTB didn't cancel Atlantis. As you yourself said, they wrote season 5 to lead in to season 6. They were as surprised by the cancellation as anyone.

First of all, never trust a trailer. Secondly, you can't judge the creativity of a show based on it's trailer. Trailers are made by the marketing people at the network, not by the people producing the show. Third, they didn;t cancel SGA for this. They canceled sga plain and simple. BW had been promised to make this at whatever time Atlantis was canceled and he called in the marker.

So you say it's lack of creativity to have them now, but not then? They're the two characters from the movie. It would be lacking to not have them appear in the pilot.

This will do nothing but annoy them. SGU has gone to series, and TPTB aren't doing two shows concurrently again, and MGM made up it's mind to cancel Atlantis long ago. You don't know SGU is doomed to fail and are just assuming it is because you're upset Atlantis was canceled. Seriously, you should watch the pilot with an open mind before deciding if you like it or not. As I said before, trailers mean nothing.

I'm sorry to be "Mr. Bringdown" here, but the point of no return for uncanceling Atlantis came and went when SGU began filming.
              I firmly believe after reading many statements from BW that yes it was his creative decision to cancel Atlantis M&M may have been writting or preparing ideas for a sixth season but it was BW and MGM who decided not to continue and do it.

As for running the two shows at the same time why did BW &RCC need to be involved in atlantis they could have let M&M take over properly and run atlantis leaving them to concentrate on there new show.

As for the hatred towards the new show what did they realy expect after making the kind of statements they have made and the contradiction in the statements they have made? they could have had the best of both worlds if they had used a little bit of empathy and consideration torwards there fan base. and really i thought they were after the wider mainstream audience they need "millions" according to BW.

Im sorry but throwing in SG1 cast when there was supposed to be no crossovers at the begining does not fill me with confidence about the show either. if they started writting this and pitching it 2 years ago why are they changing there minds now? if they had this great creative vision that all party's were happy with then to change it to try and gain viewers could damage the vision of the show by catering to fan demands for older charaters to appear on the show. it most certainly does not feel like a thankyou from TPTB for me more like a grab a fan tactic they went out and got movie star/s a singer and now the trusted fall back item of sg1.

No. i will not give there new show a chance wether atlantis continues in movie form or not as I have lost faith and belief in BW & RCC and have no wish to follow another show by them. it also doesnt help that i dislike sg1 and so that has put me off watching it even more.

and dont worry your not mr bringdown I know they will not bring back atlantis ill be lucky to get 1 movie but that does not mean that i cant make my opinion known or be able to get this stuff of my chest.
              those that want to give universe a chance should do so i would never tell anyone not to watch it. but at the same time im getting pretty sick of being told i should give it a chance just because its stargate.

each to there own i suppose i hope Universe turns out the way you hope it will ill continue to look forward to the sga movie/s in 2025 maybe
              sigpic
              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                Aww, that sucks!
                I realy hope the actors from Atlantis score some really good acting gigs. I know DH is filming an ep of the closer, ive never seen it or heard of it though. so ill be google fooing later to try and find out a bit more about it before the ep airs.
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                  No. i will not give there new show a chance wether atlantis continues in movie form or not as I have lost faith and belief in BW & RCC and have no wish to follow another show by them. it also doesnt help that i dislike sg1 and so that has put me off watching it even more.
                  I'm not going to get into back and forth on all the points. But the "no crossovers" thing was said a pretty long time ago. They're allowed to change their minds. Besides, ignoring previous continuity won't make anyone wo liked the old show like the new one. As long as old cast members make sense on the show, I don;t see the problem.

But here's the thing. If you have no faith in them, why do you even think more Atlantis would be a good thing? Don't you think they'd just **** it up then?
                  "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                  "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

I'm not going to get into back and forth on all the points. But the "no crossovers" thing was said a pretty long time ago. They're allowed to change their minds. Besides, ignoring previous continuity won't make anyone wo liked the old show like the new one. As long as old cast members make sense on the show, I don;t see the problem.

But here's the thing. If you have no faith in them, why do you even think more Atlantis would be a good thing? Don't you think they'd just **** it up then?
                    JM seems to be the driving force behind the atlantis movie with his writting partner. I have enjoyed eps penned by BW esp the shrine. As ive said i do not want to invest in another show by them, not that i believe them to be bad writters etc. im stuck in a frame of mind where seeing the name Universe just riles me up. it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but that bad taste will not go away for me at least. time doesnt seem to have eased that feeling either. which is weird because most things just normaly pass me by and i just move on but this one particular thing makes me in the words of J O'Neil "Wacko"
                    sigpic
                    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      JM seems to be the driving force behind the atlantis movie with his writting partner. I have enjoyed eps penned by BW esp the shrine. As ive said i do not want to invest in another show by them, not that i believe them to be bad writters etc. im stuck in a frame of mind where seeing the name Universe just riles me up. it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but that bad taste will not go away for me at least. time doesnt seem to have eased that feeling either. which is weird because most things just normaly pass me by and i just move on but this one particular thing makes me in the words of J O'Neil "Wacko"
                      Fair enough. If it's a good show there's every chance you might come on to it later. If it's not it's not worth talking about. I felt like this about Atlantis when I first heard about it, and after 38 minutes gave up on it until the second season. But it did grow on me after a while, and now I love it.
                      "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

I think I'm going to watch the first ep to see what it's like. I have a good way of predicting things though, and I don't think I'm going to like it...I'll just have to wait and see...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

BW hasnt been involved in SGA for over 2 years. He handed it over to JM/PM so how could he have been run ragged when he gave most of the workload over to other producers.. this is just another one of the excuses to add to the pile.

I get so sick of this kind of statement. Most fans who don't want to watch SGU are doing so because it just doesnt interest them. and yes maybe some have just had enough of TPTB and won't put any faith in them again because of the way they have been treated... why would SGA fans have any interest in watching another show that doesn't feature any of their favourite characters or appeal in any way. Why are we expected to love this new concept just because its got Stargate in the name..

And why do they need a translator and is Jackson the only translator in the entire Stargate programme. Again the same for RDA, why him... the only reason is to draw in SG1 viewers as the ptb now feel SGU needs every bit of help it can get because fans aren't jumping up and down with excitment for their new project.

I'm sure they are more expensive than regular guest stars and if the ptb felt the need to include other SG characters why does it have to be SG1 characters only.. if the can fit in Carter then they could easily have fitted in McKay... don't they think the SGA characters will attract fans as well..

BW wanted to make SGU for over 2 years and knew last May that SGA would have to go if he was going to be able to make SGU .... yet he failed to pass on this information at Comic Con and even then tried to string along SGA fans by saying if it didnt continue we would definitely get a movie.. so how is that fair....

Again BW knew before Comic con that SGA was not going to get a 6th season because he made the decision that he didnt want 2 shows to run smiltaneously.... maybe he chose to keep that info from some of the other producers as well as the fans.. but somehow I doubt that most of them didnt know.. Why was Martin Gero so anxious to get McKay his happy ever after with Keller unless he knew that he wasnt going to get another chance to do so... even the actors said they knew something was up long before they were told

MGM and Scifi were happy to go with a 6th season of SGA...so again who did that leave with the decision..

Sorry I don't agree. What would be lacking... a new show with its new characters would be lacking because it didnt have characters from a previous series, thats like saying that SG1 was lacking because it didnt have certain characters appear from the movie...

This will do nothing but annoy them. SGU has gone to series, and TPTB aren't doing two shows concurrently again, and MGM made up it's mind to cancel Atlantis long ago.
                          MGM didnt make its mind up long ago to cancel SGA.. they were happy to go with a season 6.... the show was doing well and making them money but the PTB lost interest in it and wanted something new and pitched their new idea to MGM....and didnt want to make 2 shows at the same time.

which was a really bad move IMO... you dont cancel something that is doing well for something totally unproven and give no lead in for it... if BW had let SGA go another season and put some care into the final season, then maybe some fans may have been more open to give SGU a chance....but all he succeeded in doing was dismissing SGA fans with statements about them being too old and then needing a younger audience... (but how they plan on drawing in a younger audience with the average age of the SGU cast older than the SGA one, and now with the older SG1 characters is beyond me, though it doesn't bode well that a guest star has made a statement about SGU turning into a teen drama already) Then we have BW telling SGA fans they'll be happy with anything Stargate as they will be getting their fix.. and not even giving the fans a moment to let the news sink in before announcing their new show..

You don't know SGU is doomed to fail and are just assuming it is because you're upset Atlantis was canceled. Seriously, you should watch the pilot with an open mind before deciding if you like it or not. As I said before, trailers mean nothing.
                          Noone knows how SGU will do but I dont see it doing any better than Atlantis.... the pilot will attract more viewers but after that I dont see these writers drawing in more viewers or increasing the ratings... if BSG couldnt maintain any better ratings than SGA then I dont see SGU doing any better...
                          Last edited by bluealien; 16 April 2009, 09:54 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            which was a really bad move IMO... you dont cancel something that is doing well for something totally unproven and give no lead in for it... if BW had let SGA go another season and put some care into the final season, then maybe some fans may have been more open to give SGU a chance....but all he succeeded in doing was dismissing SGA fans with statements about them being too old and then needing a younger audience... (but how they plan on drawing in a younger audience with the average age of the SGU cast older than the SGU one, and now with the older SG1 characters is beyond me, though it doesn't bode well that a guest star has made a statement about SGU turning into a teen drama already) Then we have BW telling SGA fans they'll be happy with anything Stargate as they will be getting their fix.. and not even giving the fans a moment to let the news sink in before announcing their new show..

Noone knows how SGU will do but I dont see it doing any better than Atlantis.... the pilot will attract more viewers but after that I dont see these writers drawing in more viewers or increasing the ratings... if BSG couldnt maintain any better ratings than SGA then I dont see SGU doing any better...
                            I have to agree with all that...and who was the person who said SGU was turning into a teen drama? I'm curious...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

BW hasnt been involved in SGA for over 2 years. He handed it over to JM/PM so how could he have been run ragged when he gave most of the workload over to other producers.. this is just another one of the excuses to add to the pile.
                              It wasn't him that was run ragged. It was the production people. You know, all those people who did all the day to day work on both shows for 3 years. The two shows shared teamsters, gaffers, etc and when both shows were on they didn;t get any rest, and they certainly didn;t have the busget to hire more.
                              I get so sick of this kind of statement. Most fans who don't want to watch SGU are doing so because it just doesnt interest them. and yes maybe some have just had enough of TPTB and won't put any faith in them again because of the way they have been treated... why would SGA fans have any interest in watching another show that doesn't feature any of their favourite characters or appeal in any way. Why are we expected to love this new concept just because its got Stargate in the name..
                              Your reading things that aren't there. Disinterest is one thing. If your disinterested you don't watch it and you don't complain. I have no problem with disinterest. But this show gets outright hatred. People saying it's the worst show to hit tv in years. It hasn't even aired an episode. By no means am I saying that it's definitely going to be the best thing ever, I'm just saying that there's no proof it's going to be horrible and it gets attacked for no reason. If you're truly disinterested then the show would be a non entity to you.
                              And why do they need a translator and is Jackson the only translator in the entire Stargate programme. Again the same for RDA, why him... the only reason is to draw in SG1 viewers as the ptb now feel SGU needs every bit of help it can get because fans aren't jumping up and down with excitment for their new project.
                              They don't need a translator. My whole point was having RDA there makes more sense. Again you're reading things that aren't there. And it makes sense because he's head of homeworld security and the fate of a base under his oversight is very much his concern.
                              I'm sure they are more expensive than regular guest stars and if the ptb felt the need to include other SG characters why does it have to be SG1 characters only.. if the can fit in Carter then they could easily have fitted in McKay... don't they think the SGA characters will attract fans as well..
                              Gee why would we have the head of homeworld security and the captain of the new flagship in an episode and not the head scientist on an offworld base that may or may not even be in the galaxy at that point? Hmmm... I wonder. [/sarcasm]
                              BW wanted to make SGU for over 2 years and knew last May that SGA would have to go if he was going to be able to make SGU .... yet he failed to pass on this information at Comic Con and even then tried to string along SGA fans by saying if it didnt continue we would definitely get a movie.. so how is that fair....
                              He knew he was going to make it for over two years and decided to hold off on it all this time to allow Atlantis to go on. He waited until it was cancelled of it's own accord before starting on sgu. That's why it's unfair to criticise him in that way.
                              Again BW knew before Comic con that SGA was not going to get a 6th season because he made the decision that he didnt want 2 shows to run smiltaneously.... maybe he chose to keep that info from some of the other producers as well as the fans.. but somehow I doubt that most of them didnt know.. Why was Martin Gero so anxious to get McKay his happy ever after with Keller unless he knew that he wasnt going to get another chance to do so... even the actors said they knew something was up long before they were told
                              Martin Gerro started the romance before he found out about the cancellation and had to hamfist a conclusion into a handful of episodes. That's one of the reasons it was so poorly executed.
                              MGM and Scifi were happy to go with a 6th season of SGA...so again who did that leave with the decision..
                              keep telling yourself that
                              Sorry I don't agree. What would be lacking... a new show with its new characters would be lacking because it didnt have characters from a previous series, thats like saying that SG1 was lacking because it didnt have certain characters appear from the movie...
                              That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying it wouldn't be a stargate pilot without Danial and Jack. Keeping them as the only characters to appear in every stargate production is a nice continuity nod that does nothing to hurt the show.

MGM didnt make its mind up long ago to cancel SGA.. they were happy to go with a season 6.... the show was doing well and making them money but the PTB lost interest in it and wanted something new and pitched their new idea to MGM....and didnt want to make 2 shows at the same time.
                              No, MGM opted for the cheaper show.
                              which was a really bad move IMO... you dont cancel something that is doing well for something totally unproven and give no lead in for it... if BW had let SGA go another season and put some care into the final season, then maybe some fans may have been more open to give SGU a chance....but all he succeeded in doing was dismissing SGA fans with statements about them being too old and then needing a younger audience... (but how they plan on drawing in a younger audience with the average age of the SGU cast older than the SGA one, and now with the older SG1 characters is beyond me, though it doesn't bode well that a guest star has made a statement about SGU turning into a teen drama already) Then we have BW telling SGA fans they'll be happy with anything Stargate as they will be getting their fix.. and not even giving the fans a moment to let the news sink in before announcing their new show..
                              You know, that just sounds like a character attack on BW that gets pretty close to braking forum rules, so I'm not commenting on it. (and to bring up a predicted counter point in advance, I would consider depicting someone as a conniving, scheming, lying jerk who got a show you like kicked for no reason just to put a new show on as a character attack). Plus it contains outright hate for sgu.

I don't know how well it will do either, but when people just attack the show because Atlantis was canceled, it makes them look petty. And again I'm fine with disinterest, it's the active hate that bugs me.
                              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

I am going to petition again because thats how much i care.
                                Some say that he has only one ear.
                                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                                All we know is he's called
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X