This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleDolphin View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind, back when they cancelled SG1 I either saw or read (I am leaning more toward saw) an interview with (I am pretty sure it was) BW in which he said something to the effect (when asked about SGU) that they were not going to go forward with it until SGA was done.

I had forgotten about this, that was until it came the memory returned when they cancelled SGA one day and the very next day had the green light for SGU.

That got me to thinking, now I wonder if they had planned this all along. When they cancelled SG1 they couldn’t very well cancel SGA at the same time without alienating a huge fan base. I now feel at the time they made a business decision to leave SGA on all the while planning to cancel it for the bright, shinny new show.

But hey what do I know I am too old for them to target anymore.

On another note I had a thought yesterday, I have never been to any of the conventions so I don’t know if this would work or not but my idea was that when they start putting the SGU panel on, and the cancellation of SGA stands, why not every one that attends just walk out and not listen to what they have to say?

Keep in mind that I have never been to one and don’t ever know it that would work or not, it was just a thought to show TPTB what a mistake it was to cancel a great show for an untested one.
    As an angry and helpless fan(i live faaaaaaar away from the USA) i say go , be rude,show them how we all feel, they deserve that.
    Because they had such amazing and dedicated funs and they shouldn't have desrespect them like this.
    Back at the SGU forum are calling as nuts already. The whole situation comic and the ending off Atlantis granded.
    It really is amazing how the forum changed the same day, or a day later, from the cancelation.... They where all ready for the change i guess.
    But still, it's worth the trouble to show a feeling at any time and for any cause..
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
      If a contract was signed for movies, it's probably because SCIFI wants a cut of the revenue for the DVD sales. After the sales for Ark Of Truth and Continuum, the network probably wants to keep their hands on the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard the names of other executives. The movie announcement is likely meant to derail fan campaigns, namely here at GateWorld.

*words of a p***ed-off Lemurian*
      Stupid network. But I always buy the DVD's anyway.

How does all that work anyway? I thought that the producers including RDA and/or Acme Shark whatnot own the rights.

Why couldn't they form their own corporation and just keep pumping out SGA seasons for DVD box sets, and the heck with the network(s). In fact, I would like them to stretch out the frantic pace of some episodes. As much as I like the fabulous CGA space battles and so forth I also enjoy the presumably lower cost "bottle" and character episodes like "Millers Crossing", "Harmony", & "Tabula Rasa", to name a few.

For example, if everyone on the petition (currently about 15,000) bought on average a couple hundred bucks worth of stock they could equity finance an initial production budget of $3,000,000. They have a viable product here and a solid market. Distribution to stores might be a snag (here again how does that work?) although I'm sure online outlets like Amazon, not to mention the Gateworld Forum exposure here could move a ton of DVD's with low overhead.

The producers have been responsive to fan sentiment, actually considering the Becket issue, maybe a little too responsive imo, but all sorts of things can be voted on at stockholders meetings, I don't see why story arcs and characters couldn't be too. Plus as stockholders we could all make money on the share price and/or a dividend when they turn a profit.
      "Thank God it hit the Reading Library, or somebody might have been seriously hurt!"

Comment

Ah, crap. I've noticed this topic has been slowing down latetly. That's kinda scary. But we know there's at least 7000 die hard fans and more, that will continue to fight. Let us hope, that it is our quality rather than quantity that brings SGA back. I am only one individual, and I am one that has a voice.

Dared they have to cancel Atlantis, and so deadly we shall be. Like swarms of MilkyWay replicators we shall nest in their ships, and eat away their heart & soul. No mercy shall I show, for neither weakness nor impatience shall cast me down. For unlike a maggot, I will not tolerate being squished by MGM & Scifi's clumsy feet. No longer shall I stand abide, merely emailing with annoyance and saddness.

FOR it is NOW, that I, an Atlantian, will run with rage. Such fuel I shall cast upon MGM & Scifi, that no more shall they filter me, nor hinder. I am an Atlantian, and if Atlantis goes, so shall I, and my bloody Scifi Channel Subscription!

We must rise, rise like the great Atlantis! With night approaching fast, and day waning slowly, I will battle till the stars are no more, till every gate, and every world has been destroyed. It is in this that I smite MGM & Scifi. It is for their stupidty and inconsiderate motto they have made, that I stand against them!

And until every wrong is made right, every mistake undone, I will not resign my duty to Atlantis. I will not give up hope. They may go ahead and blacklist me because I've called their phone lines more than a 20th time! They may go ahead with their sick money making, ego driven, agist, and ignorent plans, but I will not give up. I will not surrender. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
          As an angry and helpless fan(i live faaaaaaar away from the USA) i say go , be rude,show them how we all feel, they deserve that.
          Because they had such amazing and dedicated funs and they shouldn't have desrespect them like this.
          Back at the SGU forum are calling as nuts already. The whole situation comic and the ending off Atlantis granded.
          It really is amazing how the forum changed the same day, or a day later, from the cancelation.... They where all ready for the change i guess.
          But still, it's worth the trouble to show a feeling at any time and for any cause..

True.
          I read some of the posts over there, and well I guess they aren't real Atlantis fans, which is of course their prerogative.

What angers me is that they are all trying to get us to give up. Why do they care what we do or say if they are getting what they want (SGU)? Why can't they just leave us alone to our campaign, even if they think it is futile. Again, why do they care??

I will work as hard as possible to save SGA, no matter what they say, as will a lot of other fans. And I won’t watch SGU because they canceled SGA to make it. THAT IS MY CHOICE. And the fact that they would tell me I’m wrong in my choice just shows that they are as narrow-minded as they are accusing us of being for boycotting SGU.
          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by fightforatlantis View Post
            ah, crap. I've noticed this topic has been slowing down latetly. That's kinda scary. But we know there's at least 7000 die hard fans and more, that will continue to fight. Let us hope, that it is our quality rather than quantity that brings sga back. I am only one individual, and i am one that has a voice.

Dared they have to cancel atlantis, and so deadly we shall be. Like swarms of milkyway replicators we shall nest in their ships, and eat away their heart & soul. No mercy shall i show, for neither weakness nor impatience shall cast me down. For unlike a maggot, i will not tolerate being squished by mgm & scifi's clumsy feet. No longer shall i stand abide, merely emailing with annoyance and saddness.

For it is now, that i, an atlantian, will run with rage. Such fuel i shall cast upon mgm & scifi, that no more shall they filter me, nor hinder. I am an atlantian, and if atlantis goes, so shall i, and my bloody scifi channel subscription!

We must rise, rise like the great atlantis! With night approaching fast, and day waning slowly, i will battle till the stars are no more, till every gate, and every world has been destroyed. It is in this that i smite mgm & scifi. It is for their stupidty and inconsiderate motto they have made, that i stand against them!

And until every wrong is made right, every mistake undone, i will not resign my duty to atlantis. I will not give up hope. They may go ahead and blacklist me because i've called their phone lines more than a 20th time! They may go ahead with their sick money making, ego driven, agist, and ignorent plans, but i will not give up. I will not surrender. Never.
            awesome post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
              awesome post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I agre and c'mon guys, we're only 5 signatures away from me reporting a biggy!!
              sigpic

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 15,000 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                  BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 15,000 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!
                  Woo Hoo!!!! Lets keep em coming!
                  sigpic

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

COOL, Yes lets keep on fighting. Save the lost City.

Comment

Originally posted by FightforAtlantis View Post
                      Ah, crap. I've noticed this topic has been slowing down latetly. That's kinda scary. But we know there's at least 7000 die hard fans and more, that will continue to fight. Let us hope, that it is our quality rather than quantity that brings SGA back. I am only one individual, and I am one that has a voice.

Dared they have to cancel Atlantis, and so deadly we shall be. Like swarms of MilkyWay replicators we shall nest in their ships, and eat away their heart & soul. No mercy shall I show, for neither weakness nor impatience shall cast me down. For unlike a maggot, I will not tolerate being squished by MGM & Scifi's clumsy feet. No longer shall I stand abide, merely emailing with annoyance and saddness.

FOR it is NOW, that I, an Atlantian, will run with rage. Such fuel I shall cast upon MGM & Scifi, that no more shall they filter me, nor hinder. I am an Atlantian, and if Atlantis goes, so shall I, and my bloody Scifi Channel Subscription!

We must rise, rise like the great Atlantis! With night approaching fast, and day waning slowly, I will battle till the stars are no more, till every gate, and every world has been destroyed. It is in this that I smite MGM & Scifi. It is for their stupidty and inconsiderate motto they have made, that I stand against them!

And until every wrong is made right, every mistake undone, I will not resign my duty to Atlantis. I will not give up hope. They may go ahead and blacklist me because I've called their phone lines more than a 20th time! They may go ahead with their sick money making, ego driven, agist, and ignorent plans, but I will not give up. I will not surrender. Never.
                      True, I agree with you.

Comment

I think some of the actors should sign the petition if they really don't want to cancel the show. Jmtc

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

wooohoo!! keep fighting people!!!
                          thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

I'm glad to see people showing their support for the show but an internet petition really isn't going to make TPTB change their minds about a business decision that was obviously made long ago.

Basically cyber petitions have no basis in reality; if for no other reason than individuals don't properly identify themselves and they can be/are signed multiple times by the same people. If anything over emphasising the petition risks distracting fans from the wider campaign that might actually make a difference.

What is needed is a large spike in the ratings combined with a widespread and well publicised campaign out in the real world. Lots of snail mail, lots of people going to the rally outside bridge studios, lots of vlogs and photos sent into the SoSGA campaign.

Come on folks! I know it is a stretch but if SGA has the remotest chance of being saved the campaign needs to get out of the cloistered environs of cyberspace and out into the real world where TPTB are to be found.

All the best, Pictwolf

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

Yay!!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Pictwolf View Post
                                I'm glad to see people showing their support for the show but an internet petition really isn't going to make TPTB change their minds about a business decision that was obviously made long ago.

Basically cyber petitions have no basis in reality; if for no other reason than individuals don't properly identify themselves and they can be/are signed multiple times by the same people. If anything over emphasising the petition risks distracting fans from the wider campaign that might actually make a difference.

What is needed is a large spike in the ratings combined with a widespread and well publicised campaign out in the real world. Lots of snail mail, lots of people going to the rally outside bridge studios, lots of vlogs and photos sent into the SoSGA campaign.

Come on folks! I know it is a stretch but if SGA has the remotest chance of being saved the campaign needs to get out of the cloistered environs of cyberspace and out into the real world where TPTB are to be found.

All the best, Pictwolf
                                I completely agree. Like I said way back when the petition site went down and everyone started whining like newborn puppies:

Heck with the petition! Did the Jericho fans need a petition? No. They sent peanuts. And we're sending lemons! Online petitions hardly ever work! What works is our dedication, and our expression as a fan that counts. For all I care, a letter, an email, a video, or whatever, is a signature. That's our real petition.

There's no time to sit around complaining about this petition site. We need to focus on the campaign, on the letters, vlogs, emails, and all other forms of protest. When you complain about the petition site, you are showing weakness. We must not show weakness. We must be strong–like Ronon.

Would Ronon ever submit to the Wraith? No. Neither shall we submit to MGM and Scifi! X<
                                Last edited by FightforAtlantis; 09 September 2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: Paragraph spacing

Comment

Working...
                                X