This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M337ING View Post
    Ok, guys. I've been thinking more about our campaign. I realize we're off to a great start, but we have one large and final obstacle that we have to overcome: lack of publicity and public awareness. It is a problem that has stopped many a show-saving campaign before.

What we need to do, is get on Entertainment Weekly, CBS, FOX, etc, and show the world the resolve of Stargate Atlantis fans. We can start by public demonstrations and picketing. I know that a demonstration in front of the studios to save Carson Beckett recieved modest media attention, and that was only about 50 people. What would happen if 500 people stood outside the studios? What would happen if we notified every local news station and newspaper in Vancouver, and eventually the New York Times?

If this were to happen, thousands of fans around the world who have no idea about the cancellation would suddenly find out, and MGM would find itself with a PR crisis on their hands, with no choice but to satisfy demands.

It'll take some work, but I'm sure there are enough people to pull it off. How hard will it be to find a couple of hundred fans willing to protest in Vancouver? Not too difficult, I bet!

Anyone think of also contacting media outlets about the First Strike initiative? They're vultures and want to sink their teeth into whatever consumer outrage is happening!
    I completely agree.

Perhaps a phone call campaign to the major entertainment shows there are 4 I think, if they got calls from enought Atlantis fans they may run a story on there tv show.

There is also one on headline news that airs in the evening.

Once the fans find out we could organise a group gathering at several key offices. MGM, Scifi, and in Canada, once we know the fans know and could show up!
    Want More Atlantis? Call MGM 310-449-3000 Ask for Jeff Pryor or Charles E. Cohen
    Click banner to go to site!

Comment

I wont be watching the new series, it's going to be terrible. A star trek theme by the sounds of it, not to say star trek is bad but this is stargate, not star trek. Keep the series the way it is, and the way it's ment to be. NO SPACE BATTLE SERIES!

Comment

I totally agree with you!!I won't be watching the new series too!!!

Comment

We have more than 9000 signatures!!!isn't it great?!!!!!

Comment

Damn! That's cool! I bet we make it to 10,000!
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Its looking like the petition will get even more than 10,000 by Monday!

NZJ

World Famous in New Zealand!

"Shouda Got a Blue One!"

StLC

Comment

Ok, guys. I've been thinking more about our campaign. I realize we're off to a great start, but we have one large and final obstacle that we have to overcome: lack of publicity and public awareness. It is a problem that has stopped many a show-saving campaign before.

What we need to do, is get on Entertainment Weekly, CBS, FOX, etc, and show the world the resolve of Stargate Atlantis fans. We can start by public demonstrations and picketing. I know that a demonstration in front of the studios to save Carson Beckett recieved modest media attention, and that was only about 50 people. What would happen if 500 people stood outside the studios? What would happen if we notified every local news station and newspaper in Vancouver, and eventually the New York Times?

If this were to happen, thousands of fans around the world who have no idea about the cancellation would suddenly find out, and MGM would find itself with a PR crisis on their hands, with no choice but to satisfy demands.

It'll take some work, but I'm sure there are enough people to pull it off. How hard will it be to find a couple of hundred fans willing to protest in Vancouver? Not too difficult, I bet!

Anyone think of also contacting media outlets about the First Strike initiative? They're vultures and want to sink their teeth into whatever consumer outrage is happening!
                I agree i think that should be the next step for the campaign we need to pull togerther and "Stick it to the man!!"

i do have emails to magzines all various ones both in the uk and in the USA i just can't remember where i put them i'll be back

*Beams out of thread but bangs and sounds of things blowing up can still be heared*

System Lord Remus

Comment

Hey, guys! Sorry i didn't report on the 9,000 signatures, i was in bed by then but nevertheless i'll be here keeping with the updates until i have work in an hour! Its looking likely that we'll have 10,000 signature by monday. Thank you to everyone who has signed the petition, we reached 9100 signatures an hour a ago. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if we get 10,000 by TONIGHT!!

Dezrai, any news on the First Strike?

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE. WE CAN DO THIS. JUST KEEP THE FAITH AND KEEPING FIGHTING FOR OUR LOST CITY!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the petition link, I have signed it!!!

Here's hoping to it working.
                    Jack: "Teal'c, look scary and take lead."
                    Jack: (to a nurse with a needle) "Listen, really jam it in this time, okay!"
                    Sheppard: The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns... we fight them too. Entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagens. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in.

Comment

Originally posted by ::Lisa:: View Post
                      Thanks for the petition link, I have signed it!!!

Here's hoping to it working.
                      Thank you so much for signing it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Your welcome. I only heard the news today. I'm SO gutted!!

*fingers crossed to this petition working!*
                        Jack: "Teal'c, look scary and take lead."
                        Jack: (to a nurse with a needle) "Listen, really jam it in this time, okay!"
                        Sheppard: The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns... we fight them too. Entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagens. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in.

Comment

Originally posted by ::Lisa:: View Post
                          Your welcome. I only heard the news today. I'm SO gutted!!

*fingers crossed to this petition working!*
                          Anything you can do to help would be fantastic! letters/emails/sending lemons etc...click on the lemon picture on my siggy for more information on how to get involved!
                          sigpic

Comment

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
                            Save Stargate Atlantis!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6iLrY_HkA

Comment

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
                              *cackles* Happy about it then?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by obsidian1771 View Post
                                Good point. I think that we need to get everyone in the UK to mass email in the evening of the 1st because the US is something like 8 hours behind us, so 20.00 GMT would be 12.00 noon in the US(?) Not sure about other time zones like Australia / Europe in general / Canada / S. America / the world, but if we could all set like an hour in which to send the emails and translate it into each time zone so that everyone can email in that 1 hour slot = servers go boom ... big boom ... very big boom!
                                I'm still confused by The First Strike. Is it still going ahead and at what time? I'm living in Germany. I have the email all ready to send but I need a time. I also think mass emailing the LA Times or some other media outlet would be more effective than spamming Scifi.

Originally posted by Nessa View Post
                                I just signed the petition for the......40th time!!!(I think!!!)
                                How did you manage that? I thought it was one signature only. I mean, I included hubbies sig because he asked me to. 9138 and counting!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X