This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Becky S. View Post
    If I remember corretly, the post in question accused Joe of knowing that SGA was getting cancelled and hiding the information. It's just my opinion of course, but I believe he did not know. The pre-developement of any series is going to take a bit of time to do. Joe may have known that Brad was working on "Terzo" (and to be honest, there is no solid proof that "Terzo" was Universe - it just happens to time out about right) I think Joe and Paul were really hoping that SGA would get season 6. It's their show and there is no guarantee that they will be writing on Universe.

Unless there is solid proof that Joe knew well ahead of time that SGA was being cancelled, I won't accuse him. I'm not accusing Brad of anything either. Just noting, with interest, that he was working on something called "Project Terzo" about a month ago. Three weeks before SGA was cancelled.

Off to bed now. Have a good night everyone!
    There was clarification in the answering post, but he never bothered to respond. He didn't respond to others that posted in response in defense of the original either as I understand.
    It may be that he didn't know, but most of them over there had to in order to turn around and announce SGU the next day. Getting confirmation for a show takes time after all!
    Thanks again Becky!
    &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Updated vid posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6iLrY_HkA
      Last edited by M337ING; 31 August 2008, 03:04 PM.
      Save Stargate Atlantis!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M337ING View Post
        ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!

But I don't supposed you could you add the SOSGA website to the end?
        Since we split the campaign people really need to go to both sites, especially since the vlog campaign is so important.
        Thank you so much for your support of the site!!
        &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
          ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!

But I don't supposed you could you add the SOSGA website to the end?
          Since we split the campaign people really need to go to both sites, especially since the vlog campaign is so important.
          Thank you so much for your support of the site!!
          Yeah, I probably will. I wanted to make a few tweaks to the video anyway.

It'll be done in half a day or so...

Comment

Yeah, I probably will. I wanted to make a few tweaks to the video anyway.

It'll be done in half a day or so...
            Thanks!! It really is a GREAT vid. Loved the song!
            &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

ooo that Vid inspired me to make a new Music Vid...I haven't made a sad one since my last Rodney+Carson one...

NZJ

World Famous in New Zealand!

"Shouda Got a Blue One!"

StLC

Comment

Our objective here is to edit as many vlogs as possible into one video. We want to show the face of fandom and the effect the cancellation has had on us all. Therefore the more we have to work with, the better! We're ideally looking for vlogs from as many nationalities as possible, so spread the word and remember to identify your location/nationality in the vlog!
                hey to everyone its great to see the fight still going stronger keep it up!!!

just a quick question about this video with the vlogs is my video clip going to be used in the making of it?. I don't mind if it is i'm just wondering cuz i would of stuck to the script and done alot better job at it if i knew it was going to be put in a video
                System Lord Remus

Comment

BTW, from what I've read Project Terzo is the third SG1 film that BW is writing.
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 9600 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 9700 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

I can confirm that the petition has reached the milestone of 9700 signatures!!! Thank you everyone and well done!! Keep on fighting for our lost city!!
                        Thanks for keep my seat warm, kiddo!

I can't believe how fast this petition is going up. This whole thing is gonna be huge. I still don't really understand why MGM/Sci-fi cancelled SGA. I don't think many of us do. I mean, it was nominated for 10 Leo Awards in 2005, won a Gemini last year for Best Visual FX, nominated for 5 more Gemini's in 05, 06 and 07 altogether. Brad Wright even won a WGC Showrunners Award last year and Martin Gero was nominated for one the year before. Its just won a People's choice award for Favourite Sci-fi Show and when the show premièred it smashed Sci-fi record ratings! The awards i have mentioned here are just some of the one TPTB either was nominated or won.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                          Thanks for keep my seat warm, kiddo!

I can't believe how fast this petition is going up. This whole thing is gonna be huge. I still don't really understand why MGM/Sci-fi cancelled SGA. I don't think many of us do. I mean, it was nominated for 10 Leo Awards in 2005, won a Gemini last year for Best Visual FX, nominated for 5 more Gemini's in 05, 06 and 07 altogether. Brad Wright even won a WGC Showrunners Award last year and Martin Gero was nominated for one the year before. Its just won a People's choice award for Favourite Sci-fi Show and when the show premièred it smashed Sci-fi record ratings! The awards i have mentioned here are just some of the one TPTB either was nominated or won.

TPTB and common sense don't even go into the same sentence
                          sigpic

Comment

Hiya! Anyone else like me feeling depressed... confused... running around like a headless chicken... knocking a head on a brick wall?!

Thank Goodness for this thread! It's really cheered me up! It seems the only place to be to get upto date news and info on stuff happening...

Yesterday, SOSGA and STLC were like ghost towns... not that I'm complaining... people were probably busy campaigning... but it was only STLC that mentionned First Strike on Sep. 1st and only on here that I heard of the latest changes. And I've done a little bit of people informing and telling them to go to SOSGA and STLC for advice etc. etc. I hope that they see the link... I think, perhaps, a little more coordination is wanted... for now, I'm regarding this place as the centre of operations...

You see, you really need someone to talk to... in the UK, here, I'm feeling a bit helpless. Emails are good and I've sent some lemons but know that a couple of addresses got blocked already. Snail mail might get there by Christmas. And is there any point in complaining to Sky when everything SGA related seems very low key with them at the moment? And I'm no good at tech so I can't do any of that... I'm moaning I know... but I said I was low... it might have something to do with my favourite programme getting axed...

The petition works though... it galvinises people, gets them all in one spot and requires little effort on the part of the individual and so you're more likely to get plenty of support for a petition. In view, of recent suggestions to boycott SGU and even the SGA movies, and further suggestions to boycott the products of companies that advertise in the breaks, would it be a good idea to get two more petitions up and running, to say that's what we intend to do? Companies could then be sent copies of the petitions and we wouldn't have to rely on thousands of separate letters. They should be worded so that they don't sound like they were set up in a fit of pique (though that's probably true!) but more that we doubt that the quality of SGU and the movies will be as good as SGA.

And sorry for being so longwinded, but has anyone got an email address for Brad Wright? Everyone's been blaming SciFi and MGM but who thought up the idea of SGU in the first place?

And apologies if this happens to turn up twice... but Gateworld sees to have swallowed my first effort!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elanthra View Post
                              Hiya! Anyone else like me feeling depressed... confused... running around like a headless chicken... knocking a head on a brick wall?!

Thank Goodness for this thread! It's really cheered me up! It seems the only place to be to get upto date news and info on stuff happening...

Yesterday, SOSGA and STLC were like ghost towns... not that I'm complaining... people were probably busy campaigning... but it was only STLC that mentionned First Strike on Sep. 1st and only on here that I heard of the latest changes. And I've done a little bit of people informing and telling them to go to SOSGA and STLC for advice etc. etc. I hope that they see the link... I think, perhaps, a little more coordination is wanted... for now, I'm regarding this place as the centre of operations...
                              I am a member of the SOSGA team and I have been working night shift the last couple of nights and other team member has been working full days. SOSGA will be getting updated today. Rest assured that campaigning has still been going on, and will continue.
                              Last edited by fraggleD; 31 August 2008, 07:29 AM.
                              Save Our Stargate Atlantis!!

www.SOSGA.net

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by System_Lord_Remus View Post
                                hey to everyone its great to see the fight still going stronger keep it up!!!

just a quick question about this video with the vlogs is my video clip going to be used in the making of it?. I don't mind if it is i'm just wondering cuz i would of stuck to the script and done alot better job at it if i knew it was going to be put in a video
                                Hey! Your vlog was fine! But there is no limit to the amount you can upload to the group, so if you want to do another one do it. We will be picking the best and adding them to the final edited video.
                                Save Our Stargate Atlantis!!

www.SOSGA.net

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X