Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the ancients were as aggressive as some perceive, why would the Asgard have allied with them, same with the Nox? They say the alliance was built over a millenia, and seeding new life on previously uninhabited worlds doesnt really merit a sinister agenda.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
      If the ancients were as aggressive as some perceive, why would the Asgard have allied with them, same with the Nox? They say the alliance was built over a millenia, and seeding new life on previously uninhabited worlds doesnt really merit a sinister agenda.
      We don't know a great deal about the nature of that alliance.

And I think it's not unreasonable to think that given that the ancients seeded a less evolved version of life than themselves that they were building a society that could support and allow themselves not to menial labor.

Let the Betas do the farming and the working and the dirty work while the more evolved Alphas sit in their cities and ponder the 'meaning of life stuff.'

Comment

Well, we do know that the Nox only associate with beings that are peaceful and have an understanding of the universe, and the Asgard would not trade with an aggressive species, which is why they are at war with the Goa'uld and Replicators.

Comment

I think they were morelike intransigent
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
            Well, we do know that the Nox only associate with beings that are peaceful and have an understanding of the universe, and the Asgard would not trade with an aggressive species, which is why they are at war with the Goa'uld and Replicators.
            And we don't know when the Nox came to be like that.

Comment

If Mr. Smith told us anything is that humanity is a plague, a disease. Why ruin life supporting planets with lifeforms in their own image? Humans would interfere with Pegasus's natural evolution process that could have resulted in intelligent lifeforms that would have existed before the Ancients' tampering.

Ok rant aside, I think the humans of Earth and of Pegasus are designed to evolve into the Ancient humanoids. They got us this far, they may have guided us a to become entirely like them given enough time.

As for the Ancients' aggression it didn't really show until they took on their Ascended form. I'm sure we remember Orlin's planet. Also as I've said before it is their apathy that is more disturbing. They left behind a thousand or so worlds to be culled by the Wraith for countless generations, just to save themselves. Now they're too important to clean up the mess they started by stirring up a hornet's nest (the Wraith).

Comment

The Wraith took them by surprise more than anything. And some would argue that with the Ancients not being a "military" species like say the Asgard, their defense capabilities in a universal sense would be thinned out over thousands of worlds.

And Smith was a virus himself so to him, anything else would also be a virus since it would be cosuming things that he would consume for himself.
                It would seem with the Ancients that once they come to the resolve of human evolution, they felt that only through evolution would species realize that all the things they did are trivial compared to the great journey, but it was their goal of supposed isolation as Ascended beings that would help natural evolution, but obviously those outcasts are what have changed all that. And with Orlin's planet, the people were wiped out because they didnt not absorb the ideology that with great power comes great responsibility: Meaning if though they have the technology to attack others, they dont have the right to. Which is why the Ancients stepped in for the people not realizing this for themselves. Now if the people had stopped the Goa'uld, but gone about their life before the invasion, the Ancients would not have stepped in.

Comment

Originally posted by Macilnar
                  I said this in anouther thread: Don't the PJ's have drone weapons?
                  Yes-sir-ee.
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Biggest. Bump. Ever!
                    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                    - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                      Biggest. Bump. Ever!
                      Just FYI, on GateWorld "bumping" is considered just as bad as spamming. If you don't have anything useful to add to a thread, then don't reply at all. I understand that you're new so it's okay this time.

P.S. Your "Location" line is so long that it fraks up the page formatting.
                      Last edited by Major Tyler; 28 October 2005, 11:30 AM.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                        Just FYI, on GateWorld "bumping" is considered just as bad as spamming. If you don't have anything useful to add to a thread, then don't reply at all. I understand that you're new so it's okay this time.

P.S. Your "Location" line is so long that it fraks up the page formatting.
                        Oigh vey! Okay, i'll agree with you on the location thing, and I get the whole 'bumping as bad as spamming' thing too, as it's SOP on practically every forum on the net. But honestly, look at the post right before mine, the true perpetrator of the biggest bump ever. My post was simply calling attention and a degree of humour to what one would call, a ridiculously big bump!
                        Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                        Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                        Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                        - Serenity

Comment

Working...
                        X