Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Stargate: Atlantis is cooler than Battlestar Galactica...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Season 10 of SG1 and now Season 4 of Atlantis were/have been my favorites... and BSG jumped the shark somewhere in the second or third season I can't remember.

Whenever they started to pay more attention to the Cylons instead of the humans... that's when I quit paying attention.

Ace
    a lot of people agree the series went downhill
    Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
    They had to fake the ratings
    They had to fake the ratings.
    Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
      a lot of people agree the series went downhill
      See?
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I think SGA is brilliant i like it a lot more than the last epsiodes of SG1. BSG got really confusing and repetitive.
        Last edited by Athram; 26 January 2008, 01:36 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          isn't it strange how those ratings are still higher than the current SGA eps......hmmm wonder why that could be........
          what are the ratings ?

Is BSG rated better than SGA or SGA better than BSG ?

Comment

While I loved the miniseries, BSG as a weekly show is just too pathetically predictable for my liking.

Apollo and Starbuck hooking up? Predicted it the second they annouced she was a woman and the BSG wasn't creative enough to avoid it.

Adama and Pressie hooking up? Predicted it at the start and from what I've been told, those two are almost there and getting closer with each episode. Again, boringly predictable.

And I truly loathe the over-the-top and in-your-face camera style BSG uses. The camera is supposed to convey the story, not be so glaringly obvious that it's difficult to actually see the show itself.

I suppose my biggest gripe with BSG is that it has no sense of subtleness to it at all. It has all the subtley of a 2x4 to the face.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

A short resume for BSG:

S1: A couple good episodes the others filler and waste of time.
              S2. The Razor episodes were okay, the rest boring and predictable.
              S3. Two episodes are interesting, filler,filler,filler,filler and then the last episode where I knew Apollo will do the same thing he did in the first two Seasons: The Voice of goodwill and etiquette.

1.Cylon story is crude and unappealing. Same old cliche. We build robots, robots get irked, we flee for our lives.
              2.Caprica 6? Don't know why she shoots with her clothes on. She's bound to take them off in every scene, so don't give her clother.
              3. The Gaius story? Boring like a flat table. "He gets caught, he does not. He is a cylon, he is not, hang on...what if we missed something and he really is a cylon? Oh, noes, we did not miss anything, he is not a cylon."
              4. Starbuck? I've never seen a more repelling character. Arrogant, selfish, self-centred, superior to everyone and of course, "monogamous".
              5. Lee Apollo. Shaw described him perfectly. Daddy's boy.

****I am just warming up ****

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
                that's when it jumped the shark
                Nah BSG TNS jumped the shark about 10 minutes into the miniseries.

Comment

i prefer BSG but i feel that story can only last for so long, i am a bit disapointed with SGA season 4 but hey it can only get better.
                  sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen the last half of BSG S3 but up until then I loved the show but at the same time I can't figure out what the hardcore BSG fans see that's so great.

Every once in a while there's a good space battle and the stuff on New Caprica was ok but at the end of the day what sticks out the most from BSG (IMO) is Baltar whining "Oh my god am I a Cylon??!!?!" and that one really really aweful scene where Boomer starts whining "I'm a frakking Cylon!!!!!!"

Basically what I'm saying is that the characters on SGA (and SG-1 for that matter) are a lot cooler than the drama queens on BSG.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      I haven't seen the last half of BSG S3 but up until then I loved the show but at the same time I can't figure out what the hardcore BSG fans see that's so great.

Every once in a while there's a good space battle and the stuff on New Caprica was ok but at the end of the day what sticks out the most from BSG (IMO) is Baltar whining "Oh my god am I a Cylon??!!?!" and that one really really aweful scene where Boomer starts whining "I'm a frakking Cylon!!!!!!"

Basically what I'm saying is that the characters on SGA (and SG-1 for that matter) are a lot cooler than the drama queens on BSG.
                      The characters on SGA and SG-1 are easier to digest than the "complex" characters of BSG.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                        While I loved the miniseries, BSG as a weekly show is just too pathetically predictable for my liking.

Apollo and Starbuck hooking up? Predicted it the second they annouced she was a woman and the BSG wasn't creative enough to avoid it.

Adama and Pressie hooking up? Predicted it at the start and from what I've been told, those two are almost there and getting closer with each episode. Again, boringly predictable.

And I truly loathe the over-the-top and in-your-face camera style BSG uses. The camera is supposed to convey the story, not be so glaringly obvious that it's difficult to actually see the show itself.

I suppose my biggest gripe with BSG is that it has no sense of subtleness to it at all. It has all the subtley of a 2x4 to the face.
                        what happened with the strike

I thought it caused problems with BSG

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                          The characters on SGA and SG-1 are easier to digest than the "complex" characters of BSG.
                          I don't see anything complex about the BSG characters. They seem unrealistic to me. I can't find anything in them to like or have feelings about. I like the fact that I can indentify with the Stargate characters.

If the BSG characters were real people, I would find a good remote place to live where I would have nothing to do with them. Whereas if the Stargate characters were real I would want to interact with them. We have enough negative stuff going on in the world without adding to it which is how I feel about BSG.
                          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                          Individuality is freedom lived.
                          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                            I don't see anything complex about the BSG characters. They seem unrealistic to me. I can't find anything in them to like or have feelings about. I like the fact that I can indentify with the Stargate characters.

If the BSG characters were real people, I would find a good remote place to live where I would have nothing to do with them. Whereas if the Stargate characters were real I would want to interact with them. We have enough negative stuff going on in the world without adding to it which is how I feel about BSG.
                            That's why i put the word like this: "complex". I don't think they are complex they are just trying to be. Like you said the situacions are predictable. We get that in Stargate true but at least we get it with a smile on our face not with a straight and bored face.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                              That's why i put the word like this: "complex". I don't think they are complex they are just trying to be. Like you said the situacions are predictable. We get that in Stargate true but at least we get it with a smile on our face not with a straight and bored face.
                              Okay. I understand now.
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

one big smoke screen

Comment

Working...
                                X