Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Stargate: Atlantis is cooler than Battlestar Galactica...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    All SGA has said in the last couple of seasons in my opinion is 'Look! We can reuse old storylines and get renewed! We am invincible!'. Admittedly, The Seer was actually pretty awesome and original...I just don't understand why they can't make the episodes that good each week. That's me comparing the scripts of The Seer and Reunion though lol

I think that BSG wasn't being controversial to anger the audience, although the creators knew that some people were going to get angry either way, but if you notice about almost everything in the series - they relate to Earth as the fleet progresses in thier journey to reach the legendary 13th Colony.

I think thats what RDM had in mind, not an idea to go out and 'piss people off' but to relate the cylons and humans to whats happening on modern-day Earth.
    yea like BSG is more original. Isn't BSG the new series, using storylines from the old BSG show?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
      The battlestar has already jumped the shark, plot development died when we saw the Cylons never had a plan and the series turned into a soap opera.
      "And they have a plan." It sounds like a great tag line that's why they put it in the show. The cylons have a secret plan to get us bored until we die.
      sigpic

Comment

No way! I hope atlantis goes on for 10 seasons like sg-1!

Comment

haha you guys crack me up
          Yeah, because I suppose being 'cracked up' would be easier for you than to accept that some people might ACTUALLY like SGA, and dislike BSG in comparisson. I know, sometimes it can be easier to laugh than face the truth.

Seriously, if people prefer SGA more, they shouldn't have to explain why. And that works both ways. I like both, and I don't take kindly to threads where the midset is "one or the other!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            Yeah, because I suppose being 'cracked up' would be easier for you than to accept that some people might ACTUALLY like SGA, and dislike BSG in comparisson. I know, sometimes it can be easier to laugh than face the truth.

Seriously, if people prefer SGA more, they shouldn't have to explain why. And that works both ways. I like both, and I don't take kindly to threads where the midset is "one or the other!!!"
            So they don't have have to explain why they like SGA but can think of so many reason of why they hate BSG? Then post the same damn thing all across Gateworld?

Yeah, nice...
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I don't live in america and I don't know the situation, but can't they run both?

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                yea like BSG is more original. Isn't BSG the new series, using storylines from the old BSG show?
                Spoilers from BSG - All Seasons

Spoiler:
                You mean by having cylons look like humans? New Caprica being similar to Earth's modern day wars? Suicide bombings? Characters with actual realism who don't hide behind character shields? The constant visions of the mysterious final five? The fact that Adama and the others planned to make the cylons extinct by using a fatal illness in thier favour? The sharp and violent interrogations of cylon prisoners by the colonials? And Starbuck being a girl now?
                Having certain cylons question thier beliefs instead of wandering around and saying 'By Your Command' lots of times? Having the colonials kill thier own because of suspicions that they may have collaborated with the enemy? Adama dropping the Galactica on New Caprica in an almost iconic scene from season three?

Aren't they just so incredibly similar?
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
                  I don't live in america and I don't know the situation, but can't they run both?
                  I can live with that.

sigpic

Comment

SGA FTW!!!

*ahem* why was this thread created.. in gateworld... imo it was the stupidest idea... becuase 99% of pplz are going to saw SGA... cause BSG is meh.

Comment

BSG is RUBBISH! Its boring and very over-rated!

Stargate Atlantis however is Excellent. I mean series 4 has just been no-stop greatness so far.

Series 4 of Atlantis really puts BSG to shame and shows it how a true Sci-Fi show should be, None of this bad American drama rubbish!

Also the Wraith are 10x cooler than the Cylons would ever be! "they have a plan" who cares? From what I have seen all their "paln" seems to be is question their own emotiosn and fall in love with peopel, wanting to understand the human pleasers of recreational sex! And its not even 18 rated sex! meh. However the wriath have a much better plan "we feed and you die". Simple, exciting, dark, alien and cool. Not twisted into some overly religious pile of rubbish that is BSG! Its just the almost far greater Red Dwarf. But without the comedy "the last of Human kind trapped in a spaceship looking for earth, while being chased by robots".

SGA 4ever!
                      Last edited by MechaThor; 16 December 2007, 05:07 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Spoilers from BSG - All Seasons

Spoiler:
                        You mean by having cylons look like humans? New Caprica being similar to Earth's modern day wars? Suicide bombings? Characters with actual realism who don't hide behind character shields? The constant visions of the mysterious final five? The fact that Adama and the others planned to make the cylons extinct by using a fatal illness in thier favour? The sharp and violent interrogations of cylon prisoners by the colonials? And Starbuck being a girl now?
                        Having certain cylons question thier beliefs instead of wandering around and saying 'By Your Command' lots of times? Having the colonials kill thier own because of suspicions that they may have collaborated with the enemy? Adama dropping the Galactica on New Caprica in an almost iconic scene from season three?

Aren't they just so incredibly similar?
                        Other than changing the gender of some characters all they did is make the show more violent and all the characters ever do is drinking and having sex. For some it may be original.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                          Other than changing the gender of some characters all they did is make the show more violent and all the characters ever do is drinking and having sex. For some it may be original.
                          ....which is re-using the old ideas, is it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg8man View Post

nobody said he was thinking with his balls. I brought up balls to say the he had no balls for taking the girly option of choosing his cylon girlfriend over the cylon-free future of humanity.

the men in re-imagined BSG are castrated

Comment

BSG gets more boring the more I watch it, and the further the story goes along, so I don't watch it anymore.
                              Web White Noise

Comment

I think we should keep both series
                                sigpic
                                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Working...
                                X