Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have thought they would have brought a few zats.

i think that with their regeneration powers they may be able to recover from a staff blast or even a shot from a zap but i think that it would be worth trying to see if they could disintergrate the wraith with a third shot. they may be able to resist 2 shots but maybe not a third and i think that it would be something worth trying out.

i think that they may be able to kill wraith with zats or staff weapons. i think that if they are able to resist any type of attack they would be pretty much unbeatable and i couldn't see the PTB's creating an undefeatable enemy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
      i think that with their regeneration powers they may be able to recover from a staff blast or even a shot from a zap but i think that it would be worth trying to see if they could disintergrate the wraith with a third shot. they may be able to resist 2 shots but maybe not a third and i think that it would be something worth trying out.
      TPTB are trying to pretend they never said anything about the third shot. You'll notice it hasn't been used in a LONG time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
        It's not like Zats have as much effectiveness as the Wraith stunners anyway: A Zat blast can immobilize someone (human) for a few seconds (minutes, maybe), but a Wraith stunner can render someone completely numb with one well placed shot (face).
        A zat blast renders a person as incapacitated as is necessary for as long as is needed. I suspect that we will come to see that the Wraith stunner does exactly the same.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          TPTB are trying to pretend they never said anything about the third shot. You'll notice it hasn't been used in a LONG time.
          Yep. Remember the joke in "Wormhole X-Treme?"
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            A zat blast renders a person as incapacitated as is necessary for as long as is needed. I suspect that we will come to see that the Wraith stunner does exactly the same.
            Yes, the Stunner might become the new form of Zat, but it looks extremely bulky, moreso than a P90.

That might be a problem for portability, but I'm also guessing that they won't be using the stunners much, especially when they saw how it barely affects weakened and famished wraith (poor old Steve was still quite resiliant). A fully rejuvenated Wraith MUST be impossible to stun with their own stunners, one-on-one.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

dont forget we still have a whole ancient city to explore, they have weapons the glowly jellyfish of doom comes to mind. so they might have a stunner of their own. plenty of room to introduce atlantis specific weapons instead of having to pay royalties to who ever thought of the zats.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                Yep. Remember the joke in "Wormhole X-Treme?"
                yes I remember.The 3rd shot kills and those weird looking aliens
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Besides, Atlantis is much more prone to having its own stolen weaponry ^_^

AND, Spoilers (highlight below)
                  When they go and try to capture a Wraith (ep 105, Suspicion) they use Tazers instead of Zats... That would imply that they DON'T have stun-weaponry from SG-1
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

Rule 1: Never bring hostile Goa'uld weapon into unknown territory.

The Goa'uld were dominant in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Belief 1: Ancients are powerful. They could have Goa'uld weapon sensing alarms.

If alarms go off, you could jeopardize your chance of securing Atlantis.

People, JUST THINK! It's not that hard. Use common sense. I wouldnt bring Zats and Staff weapons into unknown Ancient territory.

Comment

Hi Everyone.... I haven't seen the first 2 episodes of Atlantis but why haven't they brought some zats and staff weapons????? Would they not be as usefull as a p90???

Thanks

Comment

Probably because TPTB want to differentiate the shows.

Comment

The reason for that as far as I can tell is TPTB wanted to keep SG-1 and Atlantis separate shows so no cross over of any alien tech or people from two shows.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

They had to of taken weapons why would they not take these superior ones. There has to be a reason beside the producers etc. there has to be a logical reason in the shows perspective.

Comment

There's two explanations:

Reason A: Production Theory
                              The producers wanted to help distinguish this show from SG-1, so they didn't want to include two of the signature devices from it.

Reason B: Story Theory
                              I. Staff weapons are never used by SGC personel, except for Teal'c, who is more familiar with them. Zats also only see limited use, and what they do have are probably used on a first come, first serve basis. For example, Daniel Jackson seems to alternate between a 9mm pistol and a Zat, with no discernable pattern (expect what's useful for the particular episode).

II. What Goa'uld weapons the SGC does obtain are shipped to the rebel Jaffa, who are in constant need of additional weaponry. If Earth weapons are good enough for them, they're good enough for the Pegasus Galaxy, as well.

a time to mourn

Comment

Yes, I would think on an expedition like this, it would be more reliable to use weapons that they've been heavily trained to use. Some of the members of the Atlantis expedition didn't even know alien weaponry existed before they got security clearance to go. Perhaps down the line they may get to use a few Wraith stunners if the need and opportunity arises in a situation, that should be fun to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X