Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis Mythology?? Real World Atlantis...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been some talk that atlantis is under water by antartica.
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

That's very interesting that it's believed to be near Cyprus people have found under water societies near the Carribean I saw it in a Discovery Channel program..pretty much near the Bermuda Triangle is where they got it. I do remember that they said it's near the Bermuda TRiangle the city of Atlantis..which I could believe.

I'm Haitian and there was this talk by my mum who said there's this story in Haiti that there are people under the water. I know it sounds mythical but they have said that people have been taken from Haiti and sent down to this underwater area. I thought my mum was spinning stories until I saw that Discovery program, on Atlantis being in the Carribean. And I can tell you greek mythology wasn't popular back then since it was even before the American military came to Haiti...it was my great grandmother's time which was the late 1880s.

But it could be anywhere.

I mean where people thought Sodom and Ghomorah was in a very different place from where they found it. And isn't the tomb of christ under Al-Aqsa, the largest Mosque in Israel? While people are still looking for it.
      Last edited by vaberella; 10 March 2006, 06:47 PM.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

you should check out Psychic Syliva Browne's book "Secrets & Mysteries of the World" she talks about Atlantis in there http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...71259?n=283155

its an interesting read for any one interested in atlantis

Comment

I, personally, go with Edgar Cayce on what happened to Atlantis.

That their destruction was caused by the Lanteans being at war with themselves, created volcanoes and such... And that the event Plato described was their last destruction (out of 3 total).

Also, I would agree that the survivors of Atlantis travelled to Egpyt, Spain and Portugal.

Mattathias

Comment

I am a new member and have been studying Atlantis extensively through religous and geographycal evidence. There are several religous and historical aspects for Atlantis. The first historical document is also religous. The document is known by modern Alchemists as The Emerald Tablets of Thoth. The next aspect is the Edgar Cayce Readings of Atlantis. These readings go into detail about how Atlantis was destroyed. It also tells of the technology of Atlantis. The next documents is Timaeus and Critias written by Plato. There are five other texts that deal with the history and religion of Atlantis. Then, their is a book entitled "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis By Jon Peniel." The author of this book says he found a monastary in the Himalayan Mountains that was the basis for the legend of Shangri-La. This books supports the Emerald Tablets of Thoth and the Edgar Cayce Readings and goes into more details on them. The other three religous text that describe tell of Atlantis is Genesis 6:4, Genesis 10:25, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch. Oddly enough, all events of Genesis are supported by Plato and Jon Peniel. A.R.E. denounced Jon Peniel as the author of the true religion of Atlantis because the name in the readings was spelt "John" instead of "Jon." From what I have read of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, the Edgar Cayce Prophecies, the Lost Teachings of Atlantis, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch, and the two references of Genesis all support Atlantis and the theory of Pangea (Genesis 10:25). In order to find the true location of Atlantis, first an individual must get a map of Pangea. Here is the links for my information:

http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
            http://wesley.nnu.edu/biblical_studi...udo/enoch.html
            http://members.iinet.net.au/~quentin...ty/2Enoch.html

Anything that is not found in the bible can be found in these links. As for "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis By Jon Peniel". I suggest you order it.
            It should be on Amazon.com.
            The Emerald Tablets of Thoth mention the creation of Atlantis, its destruction, and the religion of Atlantis at a glympse and how Egypt came to know of Atlantis.
            The book of 1 Enoch explains about the origin of the Ten Kings of Atlantis and Genesis 6:4.
            2 Enoch goes into more detail about the Ten Kings, the fate of the Fallen Angels, and how Enoch was taken into Heaven before the Flood.
            After reviewing these texts, the information of Atlantis' creation and destruction will fall into place.

Comment

Coming to a screen near you!

Finally getting the publicity it deserves:

http://www.scifi.com/questforatlantis/
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by james2006
                I am a new member and have been studying Atlantis extensively through religous and geographycal evidence. There are several religous and historical aspects for Atlantis. The first historical document is also religous. The document is known by modern Alchemists as The Emerald Tablets of Thoth. The next aspect is the Edgar Cayce Readings of Atlantis. These readings go into detail about how Atlantis was destroyed. It also tells of the technology of Atlantis. The next documents is Timaeus and Critias written by Plato. There are five other texts that deal with the history and religion of Atlantis. Then, their is a book entitled "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis By Jon Peniel." The author of this book says he found a monastary in the Himalayan Mountains that was the basis for the legend of Shangri-La. This books supports the Emerald Tablets of Thoth and the Edgar Cayce Readings and goes into more details on them. The other three religous text that describe tell of Atlantis is Genesis 6:4, Genesis 10:25, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch. Oddly enough, all events of Genesis are supported by Plato and Jon Peniel. A.R.E. denounced Jon Peniel as the author of the true religion of Atlantis because the name in the readings was spelt "John" instead of "Jon." From what I have read of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, the Edgar Cayce Prophecies, the Lost Teachings of Atlantis, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch, and the two references of Genesis all support Atlantis and the theory of Pangea (Genesis 10:25). In order to find the true location of Atlantis, first an individual must get a map of Pangea. Here is the links for my information:

http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
                http://wesley.nnu.edu/biblical_studi...udo/enoch.html
                http://members.iinet.net.au/~quentin...ty/2Enoch.html

Anything that is not found in the bible can be found in these links. As for "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis By Jon Peniel". I suggest you order it.
                It should be on Amazon.com.
                The Emerald Tablets of Thoth mention the creation of Atlantis, its destruction, and the religion of Atlantis at a glympse and how Egypt came to know of Atlantis.
                The book of 1 Enoch explains about the origin of the Ten Kings of Atlantis and Genesis 6:4.
                2 Enoch goes into more detail about the Ten Kings, the fate of the Fallen Angels, and how Enoch was taken into Heaven before the Flood.
                After reviewing these texts, the information of Atlantis' creation and destruction will fall into place.
                Interesting mythology
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Well, I've been learning about Atlantis ever since studying Plato in college.

Obviously, the story of Atlantis starts with him since he was the first to write it down. It's possible that he heard the story passed on by others and that details of Atlantian architecture were inspired by trips to Egypt. In any case though, it's generally thought that Plato only intended to write a moral story about a fictional city whose destruction was brought about by the corruption of it's inhabitants.

If there ever was a real Atlantis, or at least a real place that inspired it, it seems most likely to have been an island in the Aegean Sea on the Santorini archipelago, which was destroyed in a volcanic eruption six times greater than Krakatoa's about 3600 years ago. There is evidence to suggest that there was once a city on the very island that erupted.

Another important point is while the Atlantis Plato wrote about was certainly very wealthy compared to other civilizations of the day, it wasn't quite the technologically advanced wonder land it's made out to have been today. That idea actually didn't come about until the 1600's, when the novel 'New Atlantis' was written by Francis Bacon.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                  My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                    Pretty much anywhere you could think of, someone has placed Atlantis there. There are also many other lost cities or lands in legends from all over the world: Ys, Lyonesse, Hamaz, so I wonder how many aspects from these legends SGA can incorporate.
                    Exactly, Lugal. I've actually always heard that the 'lost city of atlantis' was located originally in the Atlantic, likely in the Sargasso Sea, placing it in an area which has always been surrounded by great mysterious vanishings.

Interesting.
                    sigpic

Comment

Atlantis has been a mythological city for centuries, as have been many. The incredible lure of a technologically advanced city lost to us, has captured the imagination of every generation. I think utilizing this ancient "story" by the writers of Atlantis, is in keeping with the continued myth of a lost city. I personally love the myth and the countless stories of archeologists who believe they have found the ancient site of Atlantis, from Bimini to the Antartic.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by james2006
                        The other three religous text that describe tell of Atlantis is Genesis 6:4, Genesis 10:25, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch. Oddly enough, all events of Genesis are supported by Plato and Jon Peniel.
                        Its not that i dont believe you, but could you explain how the Genesis passages support Atlantis? I've read them and they could be describing any society, there is no mention of a great city.

Comment

Does it really matter? Almost all our "religions" are based on nothing more than "myth"......I personally would rather enjoy the mystical image of Atlantis, rather than finding a buried city, lost to us, for ages. I'm certain, our imaginations will "produce" a city of grandeur and wonder, one which could not be matched by reality. But, that's just my opinion....
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                          X