Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else notice Ford/Sheppard Slashie moments?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
    You forgot about that Sheppard Tayla forehead scene on the balcony.
    That forehead business must be a form of a hug in Teyla's culture. The father (Hollin) did the same to his son after the team came through the gate and found the kids playing.

IMO, people who either want to see ship or are against any kind of hint of possible, potential maybe-seasons-down-the-line ship will see it even if it isn't intended to be there. For the record, I didn't see anything between any character that was meant to foretell any kind of romance between any pairing. It is possible to have emotional moments of bonding between two people that do not scream "I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABY!" Does this not happen in real life? As far as slash is concerned...<what Calicto & Nolamom said>.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      male-male or female-female relationship.
      So based on that premise, why is male-female not "slash"?

Also, maybe some spoiler warning?

On topic: I also agree with Calicto & Nolamom.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
        So based on that premise, why is male-female not "slash"?

Also, maybe some spoiler warning?

On topic: I also agree with Calicto & Nolamom.
        Male/female relationships are called "het" in most fandoms, short for heterosexual. The history of the term slash is somewhat weird, and has reference to the slash between names when naming a pairing. Why it latched onto homosexual relationships, I don't know. But the term is used exclusively for homosexual relationships, and to be completely accurate, it's used when one or both characters isn't explicitly established as homosexual in canon.

EDIT: Because I can never remember everything I was going to say.

No, I didn't see anything shippy between them. They'd all just been thinking they were going to die. Ford had already been established as a mildly hyperactive guy. They were happy that they were still alive.
        Last edited by Melyanna; 17 July 2004, 03:25 PM.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

The writers put it out there, but what the viewers take from it can be something utterly new and unexpected...and still valid, nonetheless.

Thus I see the slash potential. But I see no problem with either a close male-male friendship or a romance between any of the characters. Talk about love triangle-hexagon-....
          sigpic

Comment

When Ford finds Sheppard and saves him from the Wraith Queen, he tells John that he followed his footprints to find him. Aiden really meant that his heart told him which way to go.

Also, remember when Sheppard shot down that Wraith Dart with the SAW and Ford looks up at John with his hat off. Ford was like, "Angel from Heaven...you've saved me. You're just getting hotter and hotter every minute!"

Atlantis is the best type of show to explore this issue. It's not like Weir is going to kick them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quinn
              When Ford finds Sheppard and saves him from the Wraith Queen, he tells John that he followed his footprints to find him. Aiden really meant that his heart told him which way to go.

Also, remember when Sheppard shot down that Wraith Dart with the SAW and Ford looks up at John with his hat off. Ford was like, "Angel from Heaven...you've saved me. You're just getting hotter and hotter every minute!"

Atlantis is the best type of show to explore this issue. It's not like Weir is going to kick them out.
              LOL, omg watching it with that idea in mind, its so true.
              *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
              McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Know this make thinks as too why danny wanted to go through the gate so much.
                *Giggles at the thought of shep/danny*

Comment

Wow, thought it would be at least one week before all the slash talk started.....

But no, didn't see any gay stuff between any of the characters.

I suspect we'll have some huge 'ship' thread going shortly too

Be nice if we could get to an episode or two before all the sex stuff starts, y'know ?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Wow, thought it would be at least one week before all the slash talk started.....

But no, didn't see any gay stuff between any of the characters.

I suspect we'll have some huge 'ship' thread going shortly too

Be nice if we could get to an episode or two before all the sex stuff starts, y'know ?
                    If you don't like the thread, don't read it.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
                      Know this make thinks as too why danny wanted to go through the gate so much.
                      *Giggles at the thought of shep/danny*
                      This also explains why Jack wouldn't let him go. *g*
                      Webbgirl
                      Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                      My Livejournal

Comment

I've actually seen it posted on several lists about the Ford/Sheppard slashiness. I'm not sure what I think of Ford yet, so I'll have to wait on that one.

I did see some sparks between McKay and Beckett though. *g*

And for the record...Yes, I am a slasher. No, I don't automatically slash every pair of men I see, and No, I don't necessarily want the writers to pair them up on every show I see. However, it would be nice to see a mainstream show more accurately reflect society in that area. Joss Whedon was one of the few who was able to do it well.
                        Webbgirl

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                        My Livejournal

Comment

Not to be rude, but I find this so stupid. There was no "slashing" going on! Seriously people. I'm a guy, and people seem to think that whenever two guys touch they're gay. Come on. There's no slash going on here, get over it.
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Webbgirl
                            This also explains why Jack wouldn't let him go. *g*
                            I never saw a jack/danny thing until then, they are too much alike(don't get started on that debate). But face it MS is sexier than RDA.
                            Originally posted by rocket4477
                            Not to be rude, but I find this so stupid. There was no "slashing" going on! Seriously people. I'm a guy, and people seem to think that whenever two guys touch they're gay. Come on. There's no slash going on here, get over it.
                            I'm a guy and I see slash in alot of things, but then again I'm gay.

Comment

I kinda more look at it like Ford is Sheppard's Padawan: he is wide-eyed and full of curiosity and wants to learn from this mystically unassuming yet suavely intelligent man of Ancient ability.
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                                I'm curious as to how you know that given the fact that the sexuality of the characters hasn't really been addressed yet. One of the reasons so many fans project 'slash' relationships into many shows is that the majority of the writers in Hollywood have failed to adequately address the reality of same sex relationships.
                                Webbgirl

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                                My Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X