This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You so harsh aAnubiSs!!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      I just "pretend" they found a Universal Translator...it helps me suspend disbelief.

Here's the scene I would have added:

*Canadian Dr. Rodney McKay and Spaniard Peter Grodin are in an Ancient Lab*

McKay: "Peter, come take a look at these."
      *Peter and Rodney look at a case full dozens of small, triangular devices.*
      Peter: "What are they?"
      McKay: "I don't know, Peter! That's why I said 'Hey, Peter, come look at these.'"
      *McKay actives one of the devices and it makes a sound that startles Peter*
      Peter: "Ay Dios mio!"
      McKay: "What did you say?"
      Peter: "I said 'Ay Dios mio,' you scared the crap out of me! I thought it was going to explode."
      McKay: "Say something else."
      Peter: "I just did."
      McKay: "Ugh! In Spanish!"
      Peter: "Eres un idiota pomposo."
      McKay: "You just called me a pompous idiot."
      *McKay smiles about his discovery*
      McKay: "I don't know Spanish...I don't even like Spanish! This must be some sort of translator device."
      Peter: "I'll get Dr. Weir."
      McKay: "Wait, you just called me a pompous idiot!"

*End scene*
      LOL, Awesome scene! I can totally see McKay acting like that! It would have been an easy enough scene to add and it would have only taken a minute or so to do. I'll just add it in my head . Plus your Spanish was good, too. Keep writing!

McKay: "Wait, you just called me a pompous idiot!"
      Last edited by Jonas Quinn; 17 July 2004, 07:29 PM.

Comment

aAnubiSs is on the same track I hinted at. EYU86, must have overlooked the part where I said the Ancient's created a languge that evolved into English. The easiest answer is that something may have been placed in our genetic makeup to create a similar language regardless of other influences.

Comment

That's a great pretend scene!

BTW: Anyone got this in HDTV? I'd love to decode the writing on the Acnient monitor in the cotrol room. MY recording doesn't show it well enough to translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff
            aAnubiSs is on the same track I hinted at. EYU86, must have overlooked the part where I said the Ancient's created a languge that evolved into English. The easiest answer is that something may have been placed in our genetic makeup to create a similar language regardless of other influences.
            Okay, but then why didn't the Ancients speak English if they put it in our genetic makeup to end up speaking English instead of make us end up with the Ancient language which would have made more sense and...

Blacked out for a second there, what was I saying?
            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
              I see you got my PM. His name is Peter Grodin and I think he's a scientist from Spain because he has the Spanish flag on his uniform.

Comment

Actually I told him....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  Actually I told him....
                  Then I guess we both told him.

Comment

LOL, I didn't even know that I had a PM, and it was sent at about 4:30
                    My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                      LOL, I didn't even know that I had a PM, and it was sent at about 4:30
                      My bad.
                      No biggie . What's important is that you were informed, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff
                        You must have a great mind, sir. Now I'll quote myself.
                        Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                        Originally posted by Teal'c
                        I commend you, this is truely cool. *runs away to figure out why Ancient is just coded English*
                        English is the universal language created by the Ancients. It was put into the seeded human genepools to develop over time, as well as taught to their allies, so that everyone could communicate. The Goa'uld learned it after taking hosts and the rest is Stargate history.

Heh, I was just making junk up but it sounded pretty cool.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                          That's a great pretend scene!

BTW: Anyone got this in HDTV? I'd love to decode the writing on the Acnient monitor in the cotrol room. MY recording doesn't show it well enough to translate.
                          I have an HDTV...but is sci-fi even broadcasting in high def? I thought they hadn't yet?
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Suspension of disbelief, eh...

Watch closely enough and you'll ALWAYS see the zipper on the monster's back
                            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                              I have an HDTV...but is sci-fi even broadcasting in high def? I thought they hadn't yet?
                              Sadly, no. SciFi is not broadcasting in HDTV. See related thread here.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion...
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by IceHunter
                                Speak for yourself.

Nonsense. Only if you employ totally talentless hacks.

Only a talenthless hack would write such an episode.
                                What IceHunter said. Like I said, at least give us a quickie explain, and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X