Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is after all the pilot, I say wait a few episodes to see where the writers take her. Weir has plenty of potential to develop more of a backbone once they've been on a few adventures.

Comment

I don't find anything wrong with Weir.
      She isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by vermontgate
        She's Atlantis' Captain Picard to SG-1's Jack O'neill Captain Kirk.
        You say that like it's a bad thing.

FYI, Captain Picard is arguably the most popular Star Trek captain of them all.

Besides, why would Weir need to be like O'Neill or Kirk when the Sheppard character is designed to fill that role?
        To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Right, Sheppard is the real leader so ditch her. It also makes Sheppard look bad when he has to ask for permission all the time to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
            It also makes Sheppard look bad when he has to ask for permission all the time to do anything.
            Why does that make him look bad? He's just following the chain of command. That's how it works.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I vote for getting rid off Weir. She has no leadership capability whatsoever.

Comment

She is not my favorite character but I know why.

My husband is a director of a major retail chain and one of his management tricks is neutral feedback. He pulls that "I understand how you feel" crap on me and I want to break a chair over his head. That is exactly what Weir does. It makes me feel like she is patronizing whoever she is talking to.

It's more my personal issue though. I am hoping as the actress gets more comfortable with the character they will drop the neutral feedback/patronizing trick.
                Nurturing my Inner Geek...

Hooni

Comment

Originally posted by Hooni
                  She is not my favorite character but I know why.

My husband is a director of a major retail chain and one of his management tricks is neutral feedback. He pulls that "I understand how you feel" crap on me and I want to break a chair over his head. That is exactly what Weir does. It makes me feel like she is patronizing whoever she is talking to.
                  Exactly. Weir's behavior is realistic.

It's not necessarily dramatic, though. I think she needs a foil or sounding board for her. That'd show the pressures she's under (And, ironically, it would show how alone she is).

The problem with the character is that it's not being shown very well what kind of pressures she's under. She's having to fight a war...a war that she's not prepared for. She's undergoing multitudes of First Contacts. She's under terrible time crunches for resource and technology searches.

I wonder why we're not seeing them....

Comment

Originally posted by Hooni
                    My husband is a director of a major retail chain and one of his management tricks is neutral feedback. He pulls that "I understand how you feel" crap on me and I want to break a chair over his head.
                    Thanks for this Hooni. This is the best thing I have read all night! HAHAHAH

Comment

Weir must DIE!

Comment

Originally posted by furry
                        Weir must DIE!
                        HA! Now that is a little extreme

Comment

Originally posted by vermontgate
                          Oh my God, what a terrible character!

She's Atlantis' Captain Picard to SG-1's Jack O'neill Captain Kirk.

I can't stand the booo hooo, let's not do anything cause there's big bad boogy men out there, I also don't care for her attitude of "I'm an American, and I'm lucky to be here because of America and the American Govt, cuts me my pay check, but I'll be the first person to stand up and ***** about America and the government employing me"

Sounds like she works for the New York Times or something.

Other then that, liked the show, just dump Weir!
                          Yea, she's even way left of being P C! She should come back to earth and shack up with Al Frankin and Michael Moore!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            She should come back to earth and shack up with Al Frankin and Michael Moore!
                            ROTFLMAO... Yeah, if this was true I too would say get rid of her... hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                              ROTFLMAO... Yeah, if this was true I too would say get rid of her... hahahah
                              ROTFLMAO: Please translate?

Right Of The Far-Left.....????

Getting a fron-ache!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                                ROTFLMAO: Please translate?

Right Of The Far-Left.....????

Getting a fron-ache!
                                heheheh.... Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off... hopefully I dont get banned for that... hahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X