X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaloo
    You have a cool theory
    Thanks Kaloo. I might as well have a stab at the Wraith thing while I'm still thinking about it, anyways

As far as my take on the whole Wraith/Ancient war thing, apparently the Wraiths are like the polar opposite of the original Ancients. Where the Ancients produce an overabundance of "life force", the Wraiths are life force consumers. If you plop an Ancient down amidst a hundred regular humans or even a 100 Asgard, to a Wraith, the Ancient would stand out like a 100 watt light bulb in a field of fireflies. The Wraith would instantly be drawn to the greatest food source, the Ancient, and ignore the rest.

So the Ancients come in contact with this malicious species and duke it out with them, but over time the Wraiths begin to overwhelm them. They build Atlantis on Earth, their most secret base, the home of their legacy project, as their lifeboat in case of total disaster. Total disaster indeed does come, and they are forced to leave the Milky Way for the Pegasus galaxy using Atlantis, in the hope that they can start fresh there far away from the Wraiths.

And it works for a while. They re-colonize a whole new system of worlds and rebuild their civilization, but eventually the Wraiths track them down. They're too damn tasty of morsels to let them get away that easily, and they've already picked off all the remaining Ancients they could find in the Milky Way. They overwhelm the Pegasus Ancients completely this time, but they're smarter about it. They don't kill them all right away. Instead, they begin a program of culling off only the strongest of the surviving Ancients for food first, working backward in power systematically, sort of like picking only the sweetest fruit first. By doing this over time, they not only immediately eliminate the Ancients most dangerous to them right away, the ones they leave alone to breed amongst themselves carry progressively weaker traits and manifestations of the Ancient powers. So, by the time the SG-Atlantis team makes the scene, the selective breeding program of the Wraiths have effectively removed the most defining traits of the remaining Ancients, namely their overproduction of life force and dangerous telepathic abilities. That would explain why Ancients would still be scattered all over this new gate network (not being taken there by entities like the Goa'uld) but still only appear to be ordinary humans (but still look like us, as they're from the original group that froze the physical manifestation of their evolution), as they have been culled by a side effect of the Wraiths eating habits into appearing to be just that.

Because it is mobile, Atlantis remained hidden, but how it becomes abandoned without the Wraiths destroying it? Screw it. I'll let the show tell me

Anyways, that was my stream-of-consciousness take at it

Comment

Pretty decent theory, detailed.

Teal'c, I like your humour!
      __

__

Comment

Working...
      X