This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait!

After carefully pouring over the little bit of Ancient writing we've seen in the series, I've discovered a pattern. After much time analyzing it, i've found the true name of the ancients:

The Are All Called: BOB!
    ::nod::
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      Anquiatos.

Or however you wanna spell it....We are the ancients. The fifth race...the word for ancient was probably just derived from their name...

as to them being called atlanteans, probably not. Atlantis was built towards the end of their civilization, before they flew out to pegasus.
      But Jack called Earth "Terra Atlantis"....

Comment

Gateworld's Transcript:
        JACKSON: Jack?
        O'NEILL: Terra Atlantis.
        JACKSON: Terra's Earth. Atlantis ...
        CARTER: The lost city of Atlantis?!
        JACKSON: Are you say the lost city of the Ancients is here? (pointing at the image of Earth)
        CARTER (also pointing): Antarctica.
        O'NEILL: Subo glacios.
        JACKSON: Under the ice. The city we've been looking for is under the ice of Antarctica.

When he said Terra Atlantis, he wasn't really able to form complete sentances. So we don't really know what Terra Atlantis was referring to? Is Earth Atlantis? Nah. The city is Atlantis, we all know that.

When he said Terra Atlantis he might have been trying to say something like The planet where Atlantis is.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing 'Terra Atlantis' means Earth's Atlantis or Atlantis on Earth. I'm not completely sure but it would certainly make sense
          __

__

Comment

Abyss must have ruined jack for prepositions......
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              Gateworld's Transcript:
              JACKSON: Jack?
              O'NEILL: Terra Atlantis.
              JACKSON: Terra's Earth. Atlantis ...
              CARTER: The lost city of Atlantis?!
              JACKSON: Are you say the lost city of the Ancients is here? (pointing at the image of Earth)
              CARTER (also pointing): Antarctica.
              O'NEILL: Subo glacios.
              JACKSON: Under the ice. The city we've been looking for is under the ice of Antarctica.

When he said Terra Atlantis, he wasn't really able to form complete sentances. So we don't really know what Terra Atlantis was referring to? Is Earth Atlantis? Nah. The city is Atlantis, we all know that.

When he said Terra Atlantis he might have been trying to say something like The planet where Atlantis is.
              So the city is called Atlantis, does that not mean the planet can't also be called Atlantis? I wonder where I could examples of where that does happen, well, there's Washington the city, and there's also Washington the state. Dublin city, located in Dublin county... see my point here?

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                The ancients still exist....just in their wierd-glowy-form...

And we don't know about the Furlings.

All we know is that one GROUP of furlings who broke off from technology died off.

Where did you find out about the "group" of Furlings who broke away from technology and died off? I don't remember ever hearing about the Furlings. Unless...is it that episode where they found a planet with some kind of gateway that was suppose to be some kind of paradise, but they died off because the Goa'uld found out and "got in"? I think the episode was called Paradise Lost. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin
                  Where did you find out about the "group" of Furlings who broke away from technology and died off? I don't remember ever hearing about the Furlings. Unless...is it that episode where they found a planet with some kind of gateway that was suppose to be some kind of paradise, but they died off because the Goa'uld found out and "got in"? I think the episode was called Paradise Lost. Correct me if i'm wrong.
                  Indeed that is the episode. The Furlings set up a nice little paradise and started inviting people, until some Goa'uld showed up with his paranoia plant and everyone killed each other. From what I understand, TPTB said that the skeletons were originally supposed to be furling, but they changed their mind and made them all humans that had answered the call. The Furlings remained suspiciously absent from their little utopia of doom. Or they could be a species of dust puppies and the furling members of the utopia all died after a guy with allergies showed up and began sneezing profusely....
                  Last edited by uknesvuinng; 04 July 2004, 09:17 PM. Reason: I kant spel
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

When I hear the name "Furlings", I do picture these cute little furry things. LOL. I really wish that the writers would work it in somehow so that the Furlings show up for some reason, either to help someone in Battle (Asgards or Earthers). That is the only race of the 4 elder races that we haven't seen and I think it sucks.

Comment

I agree, the word Furlings makes you think fur so you'd think that hey are very cute and furry!
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        So the city is called Atlantis, does that not mean the planet can't also be called Atlantis? I wonder where I could examples of where that does happen, well, there's Washington the city, and there's also Washington the state. Dublin city, located in Dublin county... see my point here?
                        There's also Chulak the city on the planet Chulak.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Even better, the name of the planet for the address!
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Even better, the name of the planet for the address!
                            ....... congratulations, you watched Lost City!

Comment

This is a good thread to kinda post my own theory of the Ancients. It's only the theorizing of my own fertile mind after watching The Lowdown, so you can't really say its spoilersque.

I'm thinking that the very first "people", so to speak, where the ones called the Ancients. Because their civilization had been around so long and advanced so far, it only stands to reason that it would ebb and flow, that some would become more advanced, some less so, some might become separated from the others and develop or even evolve along a completely different evolutionary path, and so on. So I imagine that the 4 great races, because they look only slightly different than each other, they in fact came from the one original species called the Ancients. They simply came back into alliance when their paths crossed again thousands, or perhaps millions of years later.

From the Ancients that we have seen, we know that physiologically they are almost identical to humans, but with more advanced mental abilities. They appear to be able to control their own "life force", and apparently generate more of it than any ordinary human. They also seem to have some telepathic abilities. If this group of the Ancients achieved the high technological sophistication they apparently did, it stands to reason they would also take advantage of ways to purify and reinforce their own genome (make themselves stronger, healthier, etc, but freezing the evolution of their outward appearance, call it hubris) while advancing their latent mental abilities. Since SG-1 found one of those on earth (the woman) we can also surmise from that most likely, for whatever reason you'd want to speculate, they somehow seeded the genetic code for the rise of humans on earth, as a legacy, or as a safeguard against some unforeseen collapse of their civilization.

And that brings us to the Asgard. Maybe they too where once Ancients, but they broke off from their evolutionary and historical line long before, and so their technological and philosophical approaches would be different. They let normal evolution take its course, apparently, to their detriment. It also explains their intense preoccupation with Earth and humans. They KNOW what they are, and what they can become. Humans (because they are a form of less-evolved Ancient) may also may hold the clues to how they can help themselves (with that whole reproduction/genetic breakdown thing), hence all the prior experimentation and abductions. The Knox and Ferlings likewise are similar in that they also chose a different path than the original Ancients, but came back together in the alliance with their respective differences.

Anyone wanna hear about my theory of the Wraith, or should I shut up now?

Comment

You have a cool theory

Comment

Working...
                                X