Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zee PM or Zed PM, how do you pronounce it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    It is ZPM Zero Point Module. Canadians pronounce Z as Zed. Don't ask me why, and no, I'm not kidding.
    Zed is actually a word with french origin for the letter Z. Canada has a lot of french influence and McKay being Canadian gave the writers another avenue to pronounce the abv.

When I write I use the avb...ZPM. If I have McKay refer to the ZPM I will have him state..."Zed."
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Zed... Zee...

either works for me, but if i'm writing fanfic i'm careful to note the different characters inflections

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        I say ZedPM, Zee just doesn't sound right!

that's cute...you invented a word!

Zed is a word.

PM is an abbreviation

You combined the two and came up with a new urban word.

Writing that new word out could be different though...Zed'p-em. Or Zed'Pe'm.
        Zed'p-m.
        Zed-pm.

Since you now have a new word you wouldn't have to cap PM.

Zed-pm would work well.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Its just a way to show how I'm pronouncing the 'Z' in ZPM! ZPM or ZPM Can you tell them apart? ZedPM avoids any confusion!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
            ^ lol, i never got into that show. Although I do love elmo
            Everyone loves Elmo, i reckon he could play a good part on SGA, maybe he could even teach Mckay to say Zee!

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
            I'm an Aussie and I say 'Zee PM', even though i pronounce Z as Zed in the alphabet.
            I trust you to be the one to do that
            sigpic

Comment

American here, so I say 'zee'. Although I always thought 'zed' had a certain ring to it.
              LLAP

Comment

"Zee" but zed sounds nice too. Not so funny like when some british reporter says " AL kai eee duh"

Comment

Why don't we compromise and call it a Zeed PM instead? After all, we are one big happy Stargate fandom, aren't we?
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I live in the U.S. and Rodney always seems to call it a zed pm, and i think it sounds better, but to be correct in its name ZPM zero point module, i dont see how you get a "d" out of it lol,unless your taking the d from module but that dosent make sense. So to be proper i would say play Z P M or say it outright.

Theres my 2cents worth.
                    sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                    Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Originally posted by delrey View Post
                      I live in the U.S. and Rodney always seems to call it a zed pm, and i think it sounds better, but to be correct in its name ZPM zero point module, i dont see how you get a "d" out of it lol,unless your taking the d from module but that dosent make sense. So to be proper i would say play Z P M or say it outright.

Theres my 2cents worth.
                      The 'd' is from the way Rodney pronounces the letter 'Z', Zed instead of Zee

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        The 'd' is from the way Rodney pronounces the letter 'Z', Zed instead of Zee
                        So how would he pronounce zebra, zedbra lol
                        sigpic

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

No, because the 'Zed' sound is just for the letter on its own. Although... Its Zeb-ra not Zee-bra!

Comment

Lol where are you from, i have always heard it pronounced zee bra, and it seems like mckay needs hooked on phonics, dictionary for zebra= zee-bruh; Brit. also zeb-ruh. So i guess we are both right lol . But if your going on pure abreviation Z by itself does not make a D sound.
                            sigpic

Comment

'Z' is pronounced 'Zed' where I'm from!
                              Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 28 January 2008, 03:20 PM.

Comment

It depends on how I am feeling at the time... Sometimes I say Zee-PM and sometimes I say Zed-PM.
                                sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X