Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zee PM or Zed PM, how do you pronounce it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
    Do Canadians really say "Zed'?

When your child in Canada you sing alphabet A, B, C.....X, Y, Zed?

I'm American so I say "Zee".
    Uh, it's not just Canadians. The rest of the English speaking world pronounces it "zed". It's only the Americans who don't. Just like it's only the Americans who still use the archaic Imperial system, and only the Americans who don't use traditional English spelling. Every other English speaking country does things pretty much the same way.

Comment

This is similar to how they say Iraq = I-Rak

Comment

It was the American Sesame Street that taught me to say Zee, teachers tried to get me to say Zed but I always thought that Sesame Street knew best
        sigpic

Comment

^ lol, i never got into that show. Although I do love elmo

I'm an Aussie and I say 'Zee PM', even though i pronounce Z as Zed in the alphabet.
          sigpic
          By *E*K*R*

Comment

I say ZedPM, Zee just doesn't sound right!

Comment

The eternal debate...grass or graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                The eternal debate...grass or graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass
                Tomaaahtoe or Tomaaaaytoe?

Zed PM of course (I'm from the UK originally), thankfully it's Zed in Canada too as we all know well! There are already enough words I have to make an effort to pronounce or say in a different way to make myself understood on occasion! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
                  ZedPM, because I'm british. Zee sounds wierd. Zed FTW!!
                  Well said, ZED all the way
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                    Well said, ZED all the way
                    They said ZEE the first time, ZEE will remain the proper way .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      They said ZEE the first time, ZEE will remain the proper way .
                      I prefer to say ZEE...

I supose there is no definative way to say it, it just depends on the person saying ZPM (Where they're from and how they were taught to pronounce 'Z')...

Comment

English/American problem deff... im not sure what i say...

Comment

Im canadian and I say zed... but all my friends think im weird cause of that. They all say zee...
                          sigpic
                          Always on the hunt for whump...

Comment

I'm British so i say Zed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good god its not that hard. It's Z.P.M.(Zero Point Module). The reason McKay says Zed is because that's how Canadians pronounce Z from the alphabet. Its an abreviation, not a word. So unless you are Canadian, say Z.

Comment

I'm not Canadian and I say ZedPM!

Comment

Working...
                                X