Who's your fave wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
    My "regular" wraith costume is a budget deal from party city, sams' club and the local hair stylist! I got the whole deal for about a $100 bucks. My prrofessional costume, however, costs around $1,100-1,300 dollars depending on the final materials and such. It's a project i've been working on all summer, and working plenty of overtime at work for. I even got the wraith contact lenses.
    Wow! I'm so impressed. I would love to have the money to do that! I can't wait to see pictures. Do you have any pictures of the 'regular' costume?

I considered the contact lenses, but they are pretty expensive and I found the cost hard to justify for just one day. If I was wearing them to a weekend or three day event, possibly. I hope to wear my Steve costume in future, and I will upgrade it each time, so next time I might buy the lenses. I wish I had had the time to work on more, but as well as budget I've had a big time constraint. I've still got a tiny bit of sewing to do, but so far this week all my time has been taken up by either work or uni (college) end of semester work.

On Monday I did try out all the makeup & beard, and it was kind of fun to spend a few hours around my house with a face that was half-Wraith XD Even if the costume isn't perfect (which it isn't), I doubt many people will dress up at this convention, so hopefully it's enough to scare them all with my Wraithiness

My LiveJournal

Steve the Wraith's Adventures

www.legendofzeldaseries.com

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
      Word of your wraithing is going to get around to the other guests and they won't some around anymore - then you'll be really hungry!
      Well, i wraith lurkers in general, not just the ones in this thread. So hunger due to a lack of lurkers really isn't an issue.

Originally posted by Lysia
      Wow! I'm so impressed. I would love to have the money to do that! I can't wait to see pictures. Do you have any pictures of the 'regular' costume?
      No, no pics of that costume. It's currently in storage at my friends house, so if i remember to bring the digital camera with me next time i head over, i might be able to get a few pics for ya. no guarantees, though.

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
      clearly it's not free to have the wraith splendour! i'd like to see your costume... you come to Paris this december no?
      No. Unfortunately, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
        clearly it's not free to have the wraith splendour! i'd like to see your costume... you come to Paris this december no?
        No. Unfortunately, no.
        That's a defeatist attitude... come to France! lol
        Ses
        James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
          That's a defeatist attitude... come to France! lol
          haha Give the guy a break he's probably broke.
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Is anyone there keeping track? Who is the favorite wraith? Why not turn this into a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
              Is anyone there keeping track? Who is the favorite wraith? Why not turn this into a poll?
              It would be nearly 100% Steve so far so there's no point in making this into a poll and if I wanted to do that I'll have to pm a mod. I think I was the only one who likes the hive queen the most, there might have been someone else as well, one other person likes the keeper the most, someone else likes the male wraith in the rising the most, a few ppl said Shawn was their fave and SmallTimePerson likes the hand the most.

Oooo another quest. Yum yum, GW is popular enough for the food supply to keep being replenished.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                haha Give the guy a break he's probably broke.
                Between life's requirements, vancouver and my professional wraith costume, the budget's holding out surprisingly well. It's just that two big trips in relative quick succession will be a tad tight on the budget.

As for the poll suggestion, the most likely winner will be steve, followed closely by Bob. With his new found appeal, Shawn may end up in third, while our "macguyver of the wraith" Greg, may end up in fourth. Lesser known wraiths will end up in the bottom positions. How do i know all this? Mostly from the results of previous "Who's your favorite wraith" polls around here. Note that actual results may be different.

Comment

Between life's requirements, vancouver and my professional wraith costume, the budget's holding out surprisingly well. It's just that two big trips in relative quick succession will be a tad tight on the budget.

As for the poll suggestion, the most likely winner will be steve, followed closely by Bob. With his new found appeal, Shawn may end up in third, while our "macguyver of the wraith" Greg, may end up in fourth. Lesser known wraiths will end up in the bottom positions. How do i know all this? Mostly from the results of previous "Who's your favorite wraith" polls around here. Note that actual results may be different.
                  That could be another spinnoff, MacGyver the Wraith.
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                    That could be another spinnoff, MacGyver the Wraith.
                    WraithGyver!
                    Ses

Comment

I read over this topic and Steve is definitely the most popular! Which is very good.

And the wig I ordered from overseas arrived today. So happy!

My LiveJournal

Steve the Wraith's Adventures

www.legendofzeldaseries.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lysia
                        I read over this topic and Steve is definitely the most popular! Which is very good.

And the wig I ordered from overseas arrived today. So happy!
                        yeaaaaah Steve is the Lord of the Wraith! hmm, there are wraith in Middle Earth, too... the RingWraith, but, well, they definitely don"t look alike...

Comment

the Ringwraith... they were the guys in black on horses right?
                          *not a LOTR fan* give me Harry Potter anyday over that! lol
                          Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                            the Ringwraith... they were the guys in black on horses right?
                            *not a LOTR fan* give me Harry Potter anyday over that! lol
                            yes, the ringwraith are the guys in black very wicked and all... hmm,il love them too. all the bad guys it seem! or the men in black

http://www.warofthering.net/quintess...s/amonsul3.jpg

the ringwraith too. the only common poitn with the other wraith is that they both have long white hair...

http://www.shortfatguy.com/images/up...hking-full.jpg

hmm, no comparison possible

who is your favorite in HP? mine is severus!

Comment

I love Severus Snape too!
                              Alan Rickman is one of my all time favourite actors
                              Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                                I love Severus Snape too!
                                Alan Rickman is one of my all time favourite actors
                                Nooooo???? you too??? incredible!
                                and Christopher lee? is he one of your favorite too?

Comment

Working...
                                X