X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purpletoo1
    LMAO

I think this was well said and thought out AK and reflects my views almost exactly! It brought a tear to my eye about our lost boy!! Drats on TPTB!!

~hi fives~ Go Fordies, Go.

Or something.

But in all seriousness, this is something I feel most strongly about in SGA at the moment - people being dispensable. It's lost some of its humanity, now.

I miss that.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      thanks y'all... just like people to back up their disses. I asked if he was willing. He wasn't. all good. Love you all.

Thanx for replying back on the thread RSF!....You rocked in Lost boys!!!!, can't wait to see the second part. Your new character I can't get enough of Rainbow. I hope to God you are a part of this show till the end.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
        ~cackles~ Get a room!
        lol
        But on a more serious note:

I agree with whoever said that it would do the expedition members good to get Aiden back.
        Pretty sure that I said this in one of my first posts a couple days ago over on the F.O.R.D Wants You thread. *does a dance at own brilliance
        It would be a sort of redemption for them, because they've been through hell since they got to Pegasus and in the end, were only saved by the might of Earth. Essentially - and for those in charge - it must feel like to date, they have ultimately failed.

They've lost a much-loved member of the AR-1 (I like that name, whoever coined it) team, plus countless other members of their staff to the virus and various Wraith attacks (Sumner, Markham, Bates [shipped out], Gaul, Abrams at least, possibly Stackhouse, too? ) and the b@%^*?d Genii - hell, they woke up an ENTIRE RACE of evil on their first day; they've blown up most of a solar system and - oh yeah - so far Beckett has accidentally allowed the Tollans to destroy themselves and killed the only young Wraith female we've seen, by being lax with his retrovirus.

In the past year and a half they WHUMPED THE GALAXY.

Way to go, Atlantis expedition!
        Yep when you put it like that... they sure have done their fair share of stuff-ups in their time . When you put it all together though, you gotta wonder how it should start impacting upon their everyday actions. It probably has to a degree thou with Sheppard, Beckett, and I reckon Rodney is a little more stoic, maybe a little more cautious too.
        In theory, things should be looking pretty bleak on Atlantis. But what could make everyone (particularly Shep and his blame complex) feel any better than saving Aiden, fixing him up, and bringing him home? Not necessarily in that order...
        A different order than the 'happiness Ford is back and now better' thing would be good, adding a little difference still to the character that TPTB seemed to desire. A bit more of the controlled, focused and driven Enzyme Ford under close Atlantis control/supervision might make for good viewing, at least for a little while...
        I love Dex, I do. He's one of those characters who'd make you giggle delightedly if he just turned up on screen for thirty seconds an episode (girls, you all have pause, that's as much Dex as we'll ever need ). And maybe a big bunch of macho hottie is what the ratings need, but as far as the characters on Atlantis are concerned, the best thing that could happen would be that hint that they can right their wrongs, not everything is in vain and, y'know... all is not lost. Yet.
        Well you girls can have your 'hottie' Dex , I like the character he is tough and strong, independant and a little badass. Almost rogueish, but within a team environment. He is a great addition to the team, IMHO a more rivetting character than the 'old' Ford because he adds almost that 'TEAL'C'' element to SG:A, without being tacky.
        I've gone on for ages elsewhere (or should that be everywhere?) about how frustrated I am at the loss of the close-knit, community feel of Atlantis, and how everyone is dispensable, now we are back in touch with Earth.

Well, I'm sorry, but Aiden isn't. Losing Aiden to the enzyme has got to Shep quite badly, as anyone can see; I don't think there's any way they can lose him altogether without it either resulting in a massive change in Shep or a badly over-looked plot hole.

Aiden was, co-incidentally, a lovely little ray of light on Atlantis. And that's sorely missed.

The best journey they could have sent the character on, in my opinion, would have simply been watching him grow up.
        Again, as being a fan of the 'show' and not necessarily any one 'actor/character' (thou to be quite blunt I'm a Dex backer for the most part), to force the Atlantis expedition 'grow up' in a sense by losing such a critical component of their team dynamic makes for very interesting possibilites in the future.

To simply watch Ford 'grow up' from the 'balony sandwiches' (greenhorn?) SF from the beginning of the first season, into the fighter we saw in snippets of later episodes, to the Enzyme Ford we've come to know him as now, has been, again my honest opinion here, a much more uniquely StarGate development in Ford's character, and a great benefit to him as a character and actor alike.

To see him return to the fold and go back to Earth, maybe even one day to have Shep walk in with him on Ford's cousin and grandparents, would be great. But not yet, not quite yet...

Capt
        Last edited by TheCaptain; 11 October 2005, 06:14 PM.

Comment

thanks y'all... just like people to back up their disses. I asked if he was willing. He wasn't. all good. Love you all.
          Awww! We love you too! Great job in "Lost Boys". If "The Hive" is as good for Super-Ford as the first part of season two was, I'll be happy.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I’m looking Forward to "THE HIVE" Ford's a great character and you’re a great actor

and as for Dex vs. Ford i'll go with Dex sorry Ford
            Last edited by Jeffer; 13 October 2005, 05:40 PM.
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMomoaFan
              The role of Ronon Dex is being brilliantly played by Jason Momoa. He is a very talented actor as is the rest of the cast on SGA. In my opinion he is an awesome addition to the show and he is the only reason I started watching it to begin with. But because of him I decided to catch a few eps of season 1 early to find out what it was all about and found it very interesting. It's even better with Jason in it.

Rainbow is also a very talented actor and I had never heard of him until this show. I think he is a powerful presence on the show now were as it didn't come thru in season 1. hate to see him go if this is the end of Ford. But I wish him the best in his career. Good Luck Rainbow!

MMMM...now where have I heard comments like this before...
              I wonder....
              BECAUSE JASON MOMOA ROCKS AS RONON DEX!!

Nothing against super Ford...love him too..
              Purple's Biggest Fan
              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                I’m looking Forward to "THE HIVE" Ford's a great character and you’re a great actor

and as for Dex vs. Ford i'll go with Dex sorry Ford
                You are forgetting one thing,... the enzyme!! Ford said in Lost Boys that he can go toe to toe with Dex now!! Ford has a chance against the big guy!
                Last edited by purpletoo1; 15 October 2005, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
                  MMMM...now where have I heard comments like this before...
                  I wonder....
                  BECAUSE JASON MOMOA ROCKS AS RONON DEX!!

Nothing against super Ford...love him too..
                  Girl, you crack me up!! Super Ford is awsome (RSF rocks!) And you know how I feel about Jasons acting skills...they kill me. The Grrrrrr and the munching!! LMAO. I won't get into the other reasons why I like either actor/character because this isn't a thunk thread, ha, but needless to say they both have other very fine "assets"!!!!!! Hee (AF, don't get on me for this, at least I don't ship! )
                  Last edited by purpletoo1; 15 October 2005, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Dex versus Ford - as which character's better and deserves to be on the show more - I won't touch that one with a 10 foot pole

But as a who would win in a fight, my votes Dex

You are forgetting one thing,... the enzyme!! Ford said in Lost Boys that he can go toe to toe with Dex now!! Ford has a chance against the big guy!
                    Dex matched super Ford, without the enzyme. Now that Dex is on the drug well Ford is toast
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                      Dex versus Ford - as which character's better and deserves to be on the show more - I won't touch that one with a 10 foot pole

But as a who would win in a fight, my votes Dex

Dex matched super Ford, without the enzyme. Now that Dex is on the drug well Ford is toast
                      You can bet that Dex won't stay on the enzyme like Ford willingly does,... unless TPTB have some BIG changes in store for us.

Comment

You can bet that Dex won't stay on the enzyme like Ford willingly does,... unless TPTB have some BIG changes in store for us.
                        They already made big changes, making SuperFord. I partially like and dislike the change. I think Dex won't stay on the enzyme.
                        Last edited by newtrekker; 16 October 2005, 04:46 PM.
                        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Not judging the acting of either Ford or Dex cause they are both played great but I think Dex was something the show really needed. See, with the exception of Teyla, Sheppard's team was all human from Earth. That's all fine and dandy but when it comes to interesting character development it's tricky. Before coming to Atlantis what do they really have to describe about they're lives that anybody really cares about. McKay of course spent some time at the SGC but Ford and Sheppard were just regular people with regular lives. Having Dex on the team gives more oppritunity for us to watch some good character development, with some interesting stories that are more imaginative, and don't tie in to the everyday world.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod
                            ...Ford and Sheppard were just regular people with regular lives.
                            I disagree with you about Sheppard. He's got the alien gene and the ability to operate Ancient technology like a pro, so he's got his little unique niche. On the other hand, Ford is (or was) just a normal guy and that's what I loved about him! He's the only one on the team that wasn't an alien, or a genius, or had a super-gene. He was just a normal guy that normal people (like me) can relate to. That's the purpose he served, and the show is much diminished without him.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The only way to get Ford back is
                              • Ford willingly coming back to Atlantis (which he wont ever do)
                              • AR-1 Find him badly injured and take him back to recover
                              • Dex taking him down and dragging him back to Atlantis

I think a good way to have RSF back on as a semi regular in s3 is exercise one of the above and keep him in one of Atlantis jail cells given synthetic doses of the enzyme until Beckett & Co. is able to engineer a genetic cure for his body to fight it without killing him. They can allow him to have personal items like bed etc. John and him can occasionally talk about intel that Ford might have gathered, he can even help out in a mid season/season finale being stubborn about helping his old friends.

Then sometime in season 4 they can cure him of his addiction but he retains his strength, mutated eye and sometimes his superford personality takes hold but for the most part he can control himself and because of that he isn't able to go back on the flagship team but is assigned to AR-2

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                                The only way to get Ford back is
                                • Ford willingly coming back to Atlantis (which he wont ever do)
                                • AR-1 Find him badly injured and take him back to recover
                                • Dex taking him down and dragging him back to Atlantis

I think a good way to have RSF back on as a semi regular in s3 is exercise one of the above and keep him in one of Atlantis jail cells given synthetic doses of the enzyme until Beckett & Co. is able to engineer a genetic cure for his body to fight it without killing him. They can allow him to have personal items like bed etc. John and him can occasionally talk about intel that Ford might have gathered, he can even help out in a mid season/season finale being stubborn about helping his old friends.

Then sometime in season 4 they can cure him of his addiction but he retains his strength, mutated eye and sometimes his superford personality takes hold but for the most part he can control himself and because of that he isn't able to go back on the flagship team but is assigned to AR-2
                                The "jail time" idea is very interesting...I hadn't considered that. It might work if TPTB did it well. If that did happen I would prefer it to be a few episodes rather than the whole season, though. I can't imagine it would take Beckett a whole year to find a cure.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X