This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
    Woolsey was never gonna be in charge of Atlatnis. He was gonna be in charge of SGC in the season eight premiere, instead of Doctor Weir.
    Ahhh..yes I remember now - sorry for misleading you guys
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Woolsey was never gonna be in charge of Atlatnis. He was gonna be in charge of SGC in the season eight premiere, instead of Doctor Weir.
      Rocky

Comment

To me, JS's face looks too round and soft like it wasn't fit for a leadership job. Maybe United Nations representative but not Leadership position.

TH has those square-ish features that make her look more authoritarian. When she isn't smiling, it looks like she's thinking. And when she is smiling it can look like she's smirking or actually compassionate.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I agree TH is better
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I originally liked JS a lot better. I actually thought she was a lot tougher and more charismatic then TH (with the exception of the one highlight of TH's Weir wanting to be a system lord, that rocked).

TH seemed to be playing kind of wishy\washy or sort of Janeway-like or something and I wasn't getting into the character, it was just annoying to me. That changed about Midseason 1, then she seemed to get comfortable with the role and now I can't imagine anyone but TH playing Weir. I have especially liked her this season. She seems more relaxed, more in control or somthing and I did find myself wishing that TH had been in Lost City when watching it Friday.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeh TH was a bit of a slow starter but I don't think theres a person who wasn't blown away by her performance in BIS
              sigpic

Comment

I love TH but I prefer JS as Weir.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I really like what TH has done with the role, but at the same time I don't feel that the writers have been giving her enough screen time. Character developments is one of my major gripes with Atlantis, and Weir is definitely not getting the lines and stories that she needs to progress her character. Hats of to TH though for really making something out of every line that she is given.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                    I really like what TH has done with the role, but at the same time I don't feel that the writers have been giving her enough screen time. Character developments is one of my major gripes with Atlantis, and Weir is definitely not getting the lines and stories that she needs to progress her character. Hats of to TH though for really making something out of every line that she is given.
                    I'm with you on that. JS was ok, but once TH came on she did seem better in the role for the long haul.

Comment

I think JS did an ok job, but I prefer TH without a doubt. She has done so much with that role since SG1 S8. BIS is one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

Comment

Torri Higginson is incredible in this role and needs much more screentime! MUCH better than I think JS would have ever been. Her award nom in her first year speaks for itself. She has a good chance to win that thing with BIS.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          I originally liked JS a lot better. I actually thought she was a lot tougher and more charismatic then TH (with the exception of the one highlight of TH's Weir wanting to be a system lord, that rocked).

TH seemed to be playing kind of wishy\washy or sort of Janeway-like or something and I wasn't getting into the character, it was just annoying to me. That changed about Midseason 1, then she seemed to get comfortable with the role and now I can't imagine anyone but TH playing Weir. I have especially liked her this season. She seems more relaxed, more in control or somthing and I did find myself wishing that TH had been in Lost City when watching it Friday.
                          Wow. You just hit the nail on the head for me. I have been trying to figure out what I didn't like about TH has Dr. Weir for a long time, and your comparison with Janeway just clicked the light switch. I liked Janeway at first, but she started to annoy me. I think TH was bringing out the annoyance in me. However, she has really grown on me, and I have to say I like her now.
                          Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                            Torri Higginson is incredible in this role and needs much more screentime! MUCH better than I think JS would have ever been. Her award nom in her first year speaks for itself. She has a good chance to win that thing with BIS.
                            I agree completely Bama. TH has made the character of Dr. Weir into a strong, believable leader and yet has maintained a sense, that underneath the strength, there is tenderness. JS would never have worked.....she was never believeable in the 2 episodes in which she appeared as Dr. Weir and I thought she was a bit "whiney".....but that's just my opinion.

Of the two, TH, hands down, the BEST choice!
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

When I watched Lost City I wasn't a big fan of Weir, maybe it was also bc she was the one who got the Job from Hammond, and Steen looked very similat to Sam...
                              But after TH played Elizabeth, I really began to love her character, even when it was a bit stange bc the hair-color-change at the beginning. Now she's my fav of all Stargates

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                                I'm not sure if JS played Weir like a wimp, but the Weir in S7 of Sg-1 and the Weir of Atlantis do seem like two different people.

I wonder if JS didn't want to do the Atlantis spin-off or TPTB didn't want her to do the Atlantis spin-off.

Jessica Steen was paid not to take any long term roles, until TPTB were given a green light for Atlantis. Why she wasn't in the spin-off is still anyone's
                                guess because the actor herself doesn't know or isn't talking about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X