• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marines and Navy corpman in the Daedulas

Spolier

Did I see Marines and Navy Corpman in the Daedulas
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Originally posted by Elitenova
    Did I see Marines and Navy Corpman in the Daedulas
    Marines, yes. Navy, I doubt it.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

It is no secret that there are marines. The Stargate Program is a joint opperation between the Air Force and the Marine Corps. However, you ARE right. On last night's episode i did see 2 navy extras on the Daedulas. I Don't have an expanation but I did see them

Comment

Well, the Marines have always been part of the SGC, SG-3 (for one) is a Marine unit. Ford's a Marine (as you can tell by the photo at his cousin's house), and I'd bet that Sergeant Bates is one as well. Colonel Everett and his contingent are said to be Marines, even though they were wearing maroon berets, which is what Air Force Pararescue wears. :b

As for the Navy I did notice the two guys in white so you are probably right on that count, too.
        Last edited by Excali5033; 23 July 2005, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah, did you notice that the colors on the air force. It's like the carrier personel on earth. Yellow, Green, Red, Blue. But anyway, the Navy knows about the Stargate program since they are part of rescue team that boarded the sub on Nemesis.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

The Marines don't have their own medics, but rather they use Navy Corpmen, so the Navy people you saw were likely the Marine unit's corpmen.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I believe those were Air Force medics. The rank insignia on their collars were shaped like Air Force enlisted insignia, and I believe I've seen white-clad medics on SG-1 working in the SGC.

As well, did it look to anybody else like Caldwell's name patch had "USAF" on it? I thought he was supposed to be a Marine, but he was wearing a blue sweater in the flashback meeting with General Landry.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                As well, did it look to anybody else like Caldwell's name patch had "USAF" on it? I thought he was supposed to be a Marine, but he was wearing a blue sweater in the flashback meeting with General Landry.
                All of the (American) military personnel specifically stationed on Atlantis are Marines, except for Major/Lt. Colonel Sheppard. All of the military personnel on the Daedalus (including Caldwell) are Air Force. If anyone has a screen cap of the supposed Navy Corpsmen I would love to see it.

P.S. Hatcheter, your "Perfect Enemy" vid is off-the-scale amazing! I love it!
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                X