No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point, though I wonder why they like ship battles in the first place.

I like them because they're cool CGI eye-candy. In this case, I would be just as satisfied if we saw some other cool CGI in place of space battles, like a truly-alien world or something.
    People who really like CGI would be happy with that, I think. People who just like to watch stuff blow up? Not so much. Hopefully, those won't be the folks they care the most about pleasing...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
      People who really like CGI would be happy with that, I think. People who just like to watch stuff blow up? Not so much. Hopefully, those won't be the folks they care the most about pleasing...
      "I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."

Honestly, even those who like space battles probably don't watch solely for explosions. I'm an odd one in that I could care less about explosions or CGI graphics. I've been watching sci-fi of some sort since I was six. I've seen my fair share of CGI and space battles. They lost their allure a long, long time ago. It's nice if the graphics are good... I do occasionally get irritated with really bad green screens where you can see the outline around the actor. But other than that, it's certainly not what attracts me. With that said, I'm sure the FX people will do their job, regardless of whether the story is focused on planetary exploration or involves space battles.

And I am pretty sure that, no matter what the story, something will explode at some point.
      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

And I am pretty sure that, no matter what the story, something will explode at some point.
        Heh! If the story was about SG-1 having tea, something would explode.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I'm hoping for no specific villain; the last 2 movies were all about "taking out the bad guy". I'd rather they go exploring this time, to find something out about the Stargate universe.
          Now THAT is something we do agree on. I miss the old days, the roots of Stargate, the excitement each new mission brought. Towards the end, even though I still enjoyed the show, it did get a bit too all the same. Each week tended to blur into the next and it became harder to remember which episode was which.

Imo Stargate was at its very best when it was about the exploration, and this next movie could give us that back again. The bad guys have been defeated, why not let them have a chance to go out there again without having to worry too much about what they might find.

A diplomatic mission of some kind with Jack along, could work under those surcumstances too. But I still want Mitchell and Vala in this movie.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post

"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."

Judging by the last seasons of Atlantis i guess Teal'c is right

Back ON topic :

I would like to see some battles with the new ships but for this they have to create new enemies what i think is not gonna happen ... like some posts before mine were suggesting ... some incident with the Truth or even Mayboure, i like the 'fake' friendship between him and O'Neill, and Bra'Tac too... or they could revive something from the past seasons ... i know the Goaulds are 'dead' but IMO in the whole history of the serie the best vilain were the Goaulds... and no more replicators i'm tired of them already ...
            and of course i want to see Mitchell, they already cut off Vala... if they cut him off , seriously i really don't know exactly what they are planning ...
            Last edited by Rachel-Kree; 25 January 2009, 10:14 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              Originally posted by LTCOLHOMER View Post
              Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              Indiana Jones: Quest for the Stargate
              When a new threat endangers Earth, with the flagship team dealing with another threat Maj. General O'Neill takes it upon himself to reenter the battlefield. For an insight on the new threat's culture enter Colonel-Doctor Indiana Jones, former professor of Daniel Jackson, brought in on Daniel's recommendation, since SG-1 is indisposed elsewhere.

Due to the planet's jungle atmosphere, Green Beret John James Rambo is redrafted as a combat expert.

Just before the team is about to depart, Captain "Dirty Harry" Callahan stumbles upon the SGC. His decorations, research into the program and field experience earn him the final spot on O'Neill's special task force.

Best of all, it'll be the first time that Jack O'Neill is referred to as "kid" on a special ops team in a couple of decades .
              they depart through the gate where imediatly sg3 which went first is mowed down oniell goes for cover Indiana jones starts lassoing jaffa staff weapons rambo pulls a 50 calaber machine gun out of no where and begins mowing down the jaffa lines Callahan lights a cigarete but his lighter is broken so he goes berserk and begins killing jaffa with his bare hands taking their staff weapons and lighting is cigarete where after he sits down and relaxes as the fire fight goes on Rambo and oniell eventually kill all the jaffa while indiana jones saw some relics while lassoing and sat down to study them...
              to be continued...

EDIT- go ahead add to it u guys one rule... it cant make sense
              And then indiana says that its a goauld shipyard and that there is a hatak in orbit so rambo pulls a RPG out his arse and shoots it in to space followed by a large explosion.

Jack oneill apears on the hataks veiwscreen to gloat and the goauld in charge whilst indiana rings aboard to steal the ships artifacts before it kabooms and for some reason to goauld drops a large bolder and indiana has to out run it to the ring room.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Another alternative to a new bad guy would be a misunderstanding or mistake made while exploring....something like what happened in One False Step or Icon or Bad Guys. (I know, I know, lots of people don't like those episodes, but I do ) A problem like that would allow for the team to have problems with someone without those other people being extremely advanced as the team would be trying to work around the problem without killing the opposition off. And, we wouldn't necessarily ever have to see them again while at the same time they could avoid the problem of introducing a big new bad guy and then dispatching them within the space of two hours.

I just hope we get something with a nice, juicy ethical dilemma....something without a clear answer as to who is right and who is wrong. That has always been SG-1's (both the show and the team) biggest draw for me. And they've always done it so very well. And usually, Jack is very much a necessary voice in those episodes.

Comment

Has there been any news regarding this movie being put 'on hold' like the Atlantis one?
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                    Has there been any news regarding this movie being put 'on hold' like the Atlantis one?

Not that I've read anywhere on the net - yet.....Pegasus 4 is the Atlantis Con so I doubt much SG-1 stuff was mentioned.....I'd imagine most of the questions and, hopefully *crosses fingers* answers to them, will be raised at the Vancouver Convention in April....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

So what, many of you have been asking, IS happening with the SG-1 and SGA movies? Well, at last report, Carl was about 20 pages away from a first pass of the script which will then find it’s way onto Brad’s laptop where he will do his pass. The Atlantis movie is still an outline but Paul and I will be starting work on the script in the coming weeks and hope to have it completed by April. An official production start date for either movie has yet to be announced. More detailed discussions on both movies will be taking place in the coming weeks and, hopefully, I’ll have more definitive news for you then regarding everything from actor participation to a preliminary schedule.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ff-vandermeer/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Good, hopefully we'll have some answers soon. Not knowing exactly who will and won't be in these films, and when they'll be made, is enough to drive one a little crazy.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good, hopefully we'll have some answers soon. Not knowing exactly who will and won't be in these films, and when they'll be made, is enough to drive one a little crazy.
                          Heh, perhaps we're all just paying a little too much attention to the nuts and bolts of film making... Not that I don't include myself in that--I'm looking forward to this as much as anyone! Still, I can help but think that it would be better to take a step back and breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                            Heh, perhaps we're all just paying a little too much attention to the nuts and bolts of film making... Not that I don't include myself in that--I'm looking forward to this as much as anyone! Still, I can help but think that it would be better to take a step back and breathe. ;)
                            I agree with you, but I don't think that is possible for me. I've become too involved with knowing as much as possible about what is going on. I'm a lost cause.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree with you, but I don't think that is possible for me. I've become too involved with knowing as much as possible about what is going on. I'm a lost cause.
                              Well, at least you're self-aware.

Comment

Thats nice to know, we're getting closer! Woohoo!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X