No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think taking the Stargate public would change things all that much. SG-1 and Atlantis have ended (at least in series form) and Universe takes place in the outer reaches of the Universe.

I see what you are saying about liking to imagine that SG takes place in our reality, but it is just a tv show
    The thing about it seeming to be in our world is conceptually important, though--the idea that these are our people learning things and doing things that the unsuspecting world has no idea about. It's integral to what Stargate has always been. Changing that would be interesting, but it would fundamentally change the nature of Stargate. I think it's an endgame move, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
      The thing about it seeming to be in our world is conceptually important, though--the idea that these are our people learning things and doing things that the unsuspecting world has no idea about. It's integral to what Stargate has always been. Changing that would be interesting, but it would fundamentally change the nature of Stargate. I think it's an endgame move, myself.
      I don't see why making the gate public negates that it's our people. We already know there's no gate, we know there's no earth battle cruisers, and we know that Henry Hayes isn't president. Basically we know it's fictional, so why would making the gate public make it seem any more or less so?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        I don't see why making the gate public negates that it's our people. We already know there's no gate, we know there's no earth battle cruisers, and we know that Henry Hayes isn't president. Basically we know it's fictional, so why would making the gate public make it seem any more or less so?
        To me, that would depend on what happens with the technology that has been attained. If the world in general were to suddenly get beaming technology and occasional time travel and proof that there are other planes of existence and faster-than-light travel (by either ship or gate), etc. that would make it more like the vision of 2010 that we have seen on the show. And that would make it more like a futuristic sci-fi show than what SG-1 currently is. If the existence of the gates and all those possibilities were to become known but for some reason the general public would not gain access to all the new stuff, then I think the flavor of the show could continue as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
          I think it would change what SG-1 is. As long as it's not public, we can imagine that it's really taking place, that the government does have a secret installation where people travel to other planets by means of a Stargate. If it's made public in a movie, then it no longer has that quality. And yes, it's just a TV show, but the beauty of Stargate has always been that unlike other SciFi, you could imagine that it's actually going on. At least that's what made it special to me.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather it not become public knowledge and lose what makes it special.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree it going public would give the movie a cheesy walt disney ending. But if this film is going to focus on Jack can we please see Harry Mayborne again. I loved those two together. Maybe he snuck back to Earth or something!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
              I agree it going public would give the movie a cheesy walt disney ending. But if this film is going to focus on Jack can we please see Harry Mayborne again. I loved those two together. Maybe he snuck back to Earth or something!
              LOL, knowing Mayborne he'd arrive in his stolen Goa'uld ship
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ITA. Mayborne had the second best chemistry with Jack, the first being Daniel of course. In fact, I wouldn't mind a scene or two with those three in it. Imagine the fun!
                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

count me out I thought the eps with Mayborne were boring and predictable for the most part the only ones I liked were Watergate, It's Good To Be King and Paradise Lost I didn't roll my eyes the entire time
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    They had one in season 6. If they get a new one, than it can happen only so that a Goa'uld Queen will join to them. And they won't.
                    Well, Egeria was a Goa'uld queen originally, before she had a change of heart - who is to say another couldn't have that as well?

Another option is that Egeria could have had a daughter, who are just hidden. I think a GREAT idea for the next movie would be if it is about finding out there is a Tok'ra queen symbiote hidden somewhere, and then search for her. Lots of potential and a chance to pay some of all that back that the Tau'ri owe the Tok'ra.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

No Goa'uld joined to the Tok'Ra in the last centuries. Tanith was the first one, but we know what happened...

Tok'ra can't ad anything to the future of Stargate. They were in Continuum and that was enough for me.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        No Goa'uld joined to the Tok'Ra in the last centuries. Tanith was the first one, but we know what happened...

Tok'ra can't ad anything to the future of Stargate. They were in Continuum and that was enough for me.
                        Yeah, for the most part, I think we've probably seen the last of the Tok'ra.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Yeah, for the most part, I think we've probably seen the last of the Tok'ra.
                          Once they killed off Jacob, there were no Tok'Ra characters left that would be worth writing a Tok'Ra story just to see them. On top of that, the Goa'uld were no longer a major threat in the galaxy so their usefulness to the story had run out since their main advantage was as infiltrators.

Perfecto!

Comment

Once they killed off Jacob, there were no Tok'Ra characters left that would be worth writing a Tok'Ra story just to see them. On top of that, the Goa'uld were no longer a major threat in the galaxy so their usefulness to the story had run out since their main advantage was as infiltrators.
                            There's still Malek and a few others - besides, we could have new Tok'ra we havent heard of. The Goa'uld are still a threat - will be as long as there Jaffa with a symbiote and not on tretonin. Besides the Tok'ra helped against any other threat.

Of course I really want them to find a way to bring Jacob/Selmak back, and/or Martouf/Lantash. We really need some friendly likeable Tok'ra for the SGC to work with.

I'd watch a movie centerd around the Tok'ra!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
                              There's still Malek and a few others - besides, we could have new Tok'ra we havent heard of. The Goa'uld are still a threat - will be as long as there Jaffa with a symbiote and not on tretonin. Besides the Tok'ra helped against any other threat.

Of course I really want them to find a way to bring Jacob/Selmak back, and/or Martouf/Lantash. We really need some friendly likeable Tok'ra for the SGC to work with.

I'd watch a movie centerd around the Tok'ra!
                              Right there's Malek and Anise, but we haven't seen them since S6 and 4, respectively. And they were each only in 2-3 episodes and only one season. Jacob and Martouf were the only Tok'Ra characters that were long term reoccurring characters.

As to the Jaffa, I'm sure that the one's who aren't on tretonin kill their symbiots as soon as they're done with them. And the Goa'uld are hardly anything more than a nuisance these days.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'd love to see Maybourne again! Those two together made for great entertainment!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X