This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    And I think the one who shall not be named better skip town when Jack finds out who's REALLY responsible for that behind-the-back background check. Cuz Jack's liable to pull a Baal on him, i.e. beat the crap outta him, put him in a sarc., beat the crap outta him, put him in a sarc., etc. LOL!
    LOL!! I like the way you think! WELCOME btw! Haven't seen you here before and I haven't been around much so sorry if it's a bit belated!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
      Something occurred to me: in addition to apparently being defensive about Pete (rather than admit that perhaps he wasn't written as well as they had hoped), maybe in part because he's being played by "family", I wonder if there isn't another reason for the somewhat vitriolic reaction on the part of TPTB to criticism of Pete.

Shippers have always tended to be the "good kids". We didn't spend almost two years telling them what a bunch of hacks they were and how they didn't know how to write their own show, thereby by driving away You-Know-Who. We have never insulted the show or the creative staff. Even when we weren't getting anything more than crumbs of ship, we were polite and wrote telling them how much we liked the show and that, yes, we would very much like a little more ship.

I think they got to take us for granted. We were in their pockets, so to speak. We would just go along quietly with whatever we got and "trust TPTB."

Suddenly, we weren't quiet. We were vocal in our dislike of Pete. We pointed out real problems in they way they wrote him, problems they may not have intended--and that they didn't want noted. I think we came as a nasty surprise: Hey, look, we aren't actually always going to walk two steps behind and be submissive.

You might be able to overlook your neighbor's dog snapping at you, but you get really ticked when your own does.

Or maybe they are just taken aback to find out that we aren't really their dog after all.

J.
      I guess it's still a shock to them that they are being bitten by the hand that feed$$ them, and they are still unsure of how to react.
      Pehaps this is the cause of the schizophrenic interviews lately,as in trying to ride the fence in order to try to please all the fans.
      I think all that they will get out of it is alot of splinters.
      Mebey since we are such "nice" people we should send care packages of tweezers to them.
      How's that for snarkey???

Actually TPTB have been trying to please the non-shippers,because up untill *that* episode they had been the most vocal, and I don't think that untill Cherynoble (IMO *that's* what they should have named that ep,cause it really blew up in their face) did they realize exacly how big the S/J ship audience really was.
      Money talks, and they better hope we don't walk.
      IMO I'd rather see no romance than another "Chimera"
      Which I will again say that is sad because Daniel finally saved one and I can't ever rewatch *that* episode again.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        Since I wasn't on-line at the beginning of Season 7, are there any "rituals", "rules", or "suggestions" on watching the season opener. Do you think we will be here all night discussing "New Order"?
        Well, I don't know about anyone else's rituals but personally, I plan to pop popcorn and have the tomatoes at the ready just in case! Then I will proceed to watch it several times over the weekend for any ship i might have missed...yes, pathetic, isn't it?

Comment

This is just based on what I've been reading and is just a hypothesis and in no way a fact, but it seems as though the anti-shippers and noromos have become much more vocal in their discontent since the second half of season 7. And by vocal I mean letter writing. I'm in no way saying anything negative about that group of the fandom, I'm just saying that the more overt ship in season 7 has really bugged a lot of people. Many were o.k. with the subtle UST as long as they could choose not to see it but season 7 sort of took away that choice. I'm wondering if the flood of letters TPTB have received in that vein have had anything to do with the way they seem to be straddling the fence on the subject of ship.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I think you're right, Shipperahoy. I was never fussed about anything shippy on the show till s7.5, cos it was all so ambiguous (IMO) that I could see it if I went looking, but didn't have it forced on me. I'd love to know the reasoning that led to Sam finally getting a boyfriend AND loads of S/J shippy stuff all in the same small patch of episodes!

I haven't written any letters myself though. I have a pact with a shipper I know not to write any letters, cos we'd only be saying the exact opposite of each other and cancel each other out. It saves me a *lot* of time

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
              I guess it's still a shock to them that they are being bitten by the hand that feed$$ them, and they are still unsure of how to react.
              Pehaps this is the cause of the schizophrenic interviews lately,as in trying to ride the fence in order to try to please all the fans.
              I think all that they will get out of it is alot of splinters.
              Mebey since we are such "nice" people we should send care packages of tweezers to them.
              How's that for snarkey???

Actually TPTB have been trying to please the non-shippers,because up untill *that* episode they had been the most vocal, and I don't think that untill Cherynoble (IMO *that's* what they should have named that ep,cause it really blew up in their face) did they realize exacly how big the S/J ship audience really was.
              Money talks, and they better hope we don't walk.
              IMO I'd rather see no romance than another "Chimera"
              Which I will again say that is sad because Daniel finally saved one and I can't ever rewatch *that* episode again.

waterfall
              I think you and Darkquee have both hit the nail on the head. I think they *didn't* realize just how large this part of the fandom is and I think they should be grateful that we haven't walked. I'm glad they've done this show and I've enjoyed all but a very few episodes. HOWEVER, I am not going to ignore it when TPTB tell me that I'm an idiot for embracing a very *valid* point of view (that they started).

I think their reaction to our ire has been over the top, to put it mildly. I used to look forward to every interview/article that came out. Now I run the other way if I see that AT is participating. The bad thing is that I REALLY liked her until VERY recently. I'd like to believe she's spouting the party line, etc, but I'm beginning to wonder. I WANT to believe that all this PR is hype meant to keep us talking and get us excited about the new season (there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?). I WANT to believe that TPTB are deflecting our attention because we're going to get something really good. Those are the things I WANT to believe. As for the reality, I'm not so sure. I think the only thing that's keeping me hopeful is the phrase that someone mentioned here earlier, I think--Nothing is ever as good as you hope or as bad as you fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                Yay! I can finally get into the forum! I was going through some slight withdrawls. So what would you guys say to an ending like this ... (i was thinking of what kind of ending that would make shippers and non-shippers happy of an ending to s/j.)

At the very end we see Jack open his door to see Sam standing there. Theres a pause then Sam walks in we see them kiss as they close the door behind them. THE END

Its kinda of a simple and undetailed way of ending it (i have no idea how they would get up to that point) I was thinking more along the lines of let the audiences imagination do the rest and all can be happy. Its not the Sam/Jack hour cause they only get together in the end. Mmmm these blue cookies are too die for!

Yay! I've been promoted to Mature Symbiote!

Oh, that's not enough for me! I want a good, long, steamy kiss... *sighs* All joking aside, I'd really like to see something 'more' than a fishing invite and a kiss that's partially blocked by the closing door. By the end of the series, I don't want to be 'fair to the whole world' and want what I've been waiting for for 8 bloody long years. After what the shippers have had to go through -and will continue to go through with the unwanted character returning- I think we deserve an award for endurance under the line of fire! ... or a wonderful and shippy S/J resolution. Yeah!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                  Hey MajorSal-I like the idea of Janet and Jacob as well-you know-you are the second person to present that pairing.

I also liked the idea of Janet and Bra'tac. Janet/Daniel and Janet/Jonas were good too.<g>

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    OL!! Yeah, I wonder if was as "humworthy" after he left her in bed.
                    ... man, just remembering that that guy was intimate with Sam... ... just doesn't seem right in the scheme of things.....

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                      should at the very least be rewarded with a couple shots of a shirtless Jack kissing Sams' bare shoulder.
                      *whimpers* Yes!!! I actually moaned when I'd read that line.

Forum still seems a bit off tonight, I'll chat with you all tomorrow.
                      Di

Yes it is off. I can't get any avatars or smileys to show up. They're all boxes, with smaller boxes inside and xs in the middle. Usually when that happens to me -which happens frequently since I got Norton Anti-virus- I just right click and choose 'show picture' and it takes care of it. Not now. Hmm and more hmmm.

Sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 27 June 2004, 11:44 PM. Reason: distortion in the time... oh, okay, I messed up, happy!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Just want to say THANK YOU! to everyone for your Birthday wishes and for all the cake! (oh and the pizza!)

I'll be away for a few weeks but will hopefully return to find that TPTB have just been foolin' with us....and that AT is just a wonderful practical joker.......

So I'll leave you all with one of my favorite publicity shots that TPTB released a few years ago. You have to wonder why this even exists if they didn't want to encourage us fans to believe that Sam and Jack belong together!

See you guys in Season 8!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          I'm wondering if the flood of letters TPTB have received in that vein have had anything to do with the way they seem to be straddling the fence on the subject of ship.
                          Don't laugh at this question, but how are they straddling the fence on ship? Is it Sam/Jack vrs Sam/PS that you mean?

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            Don't laugh at this question, but how are they straddling the fence on ship? Is it Sam/Jack vrs Sam/PS that you mean?

Sally
                            No, what I mean is how one article seems to be somewhat encouraging to ship and then they backtrack and the next ariticle makes it seem like they don't really want ship in the show. And then theres the ambiguous articles where it just seems like they're trying to please all sides.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              So I'll leave you all with one of my favorite publicity shots that TPTB released a few years ago. You have to wonder why this even exists if they didn't want to encourage us fans to believe that Sam and Jack belong together!

See you guys in Season 8!

GOD! What a picture! *takes deep breaths* See how their fingers are interlaced together? *sighs*

You know the old saying that it's always darkest before the dawn?..... well, it's been bloody pitch black here for months, so it's GOT to improve, right! If they shove PS down our throats, Jack will be there to give us CPR! If the ptb rattle us, we'll simply plug our ears and sing 'la la la la laaaaa'! We will prevail! We will win! We will survive!....

*thus ends the test of the emergency shipper sanity broadcasting system.*

Sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 28 June 2004, 12:12 AM. Reason: e or u, u or e... that is the question
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                No, what I mean is how one article seems to be somewhat encouraging to ship and then they backtrack and the next ariticle makes it seem like they don't really want ship in the show. And then theres the ambiguous articles where it just seems like they're trying to please all sides.

You've got that right! I'm wearing a neck brace from all the whiplash I've received from the last few interviews!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X