This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    *sigh* sounds great, but I just don't see that happening... I just don't think there is enought time, or episodes, and like I've said before I really don't want the 'ship taking over the show.

I just really like the idea of Sam falling in love for the first time all over again. It would just confirm how much they mean to eachother.

But.....the ship will never take over the show ..it never had before .....Stargate is not a soap opera ..

It's like the x-files , Farscape ...ect ..just a good sci fi show with great sci-fi stories ..and exceptional chemistry with the actors and the characters..I just love the romance in sci-fi series ...it's very exciting because it's always dangerous.

Why do you think the x-files was so popular for like 7 years ...the CHEMISTRY between Mulder and Scully , the romance ....the beautiful partnership... amongst brillliant sci-fi stories.

Well it's the same for Sam and Jack except they are part of a team too....
    But between Sam and Jack ..there is a big complicity....secrets that they even kept to each other without telling Hammond..ect....

It's complete trust...trust means Love ...you trust , you love ..you love ...you trust...

Sam and Jack = Love and trust .

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      Goodbye, Shippers! I'm off for the weekend to go to my 10th College Reunion-- yikes!
      Another shipper sent to the slammer. First Lt Lisa, now Sacme. I'll send you a file in a cake! Before I spring you, though, make sure to make as many inmates into shippers as possible. And stay clear of Big Bertha... Lt Lisa says she likes... *shakes head*

Btw, *blushes* it's also my birthday on Sunday. Gosh, I'm feeling so old!!!
      Happy Birthday!

*throws rice*

Oops, wrong ceremony.

*throws blood*

Oops, wrong planet.

*throws up*

Too many shipper cookies again..

Happy Birthday ship sister!!!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        (snip, snip)

I'm so with you on this and you said it beautifully! The only way to make this up to us is to show Jack and Sam rediscover each other after Pit gets dumped. As I said before, I want to see Sam fall in love with Jack all over again.
        The more I think on this idea of Sam and Jack re-falling-in-love, the more I like it.

It would almost be liking starting over, except the trust, warmth and devotion are already there. I want to see the awkwardness come back, blushing, laughing for no reason (or any reason) when the other is around, teasing, small touches that mean so much, spending more time together-- everything you would see when two people realize they are falling for each other. This could be a great opportunity for ship. ship sistah
        Now I'm really, really, really liking this idea. We could start back at "The Subtle Glances", oh and their hands "Lingering" just a little tooooo long when they hand things to each other. I'm getting very excited now. This could be wonnnndeeerrrrfullll!!!

Oh and of course then comes "THE RING"

Yes, folks, Our SHIP is most definitely gonna sail!!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

gotta say, i've seen the a few (only a few i swear!) of the new pics from Gate World for season 8, and i am loving sams hair (and teal'cs), she's looking pretty dang good.
          and just to keep this on topic, i bet jack will love it too

and no i'm not very good at this staying spoiler free business.

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
            Hello again everyone!
            I am just now logging into this new forum. Give me some time to get used to all the bells and whistles on this one please!

RL has been kind of hectic so I couldn't join you all, then I could not get into the forum from gateworld. I kept getting a cPanel window that said there was no website configured.

Imagine my distress when I couldn't get onto the forum for all of your positivity! Even though I do lurk, every once in awhile I munch on a red cookie and feel the unbelievable urge to post.

I really needed to get back in here to read your reactions, that way I know that I am not the only one going through 'bumps' in my confidence about ship. Especially lately, I am so happy I could finally get in here. Today is the first day I actually got through.

Anyhow, it sure is good to see everyone again!
            Chris

Yesterday was a nightmare. Not only was i kicked out of the forum, but the last time kept me out. Even Gateworld website was down. Glad you finally made it, Chris. I'm addicted to this place!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              A Big

Help yourself to the Shipper Cookies as needed, but remember to go very slowly and stay away from the YELLOW ones until you are a little more experienced!!!!!

*grabs yellow cookies and munches* mmm good

X-files for 11 years and counting. This is all like an old shoe to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                I have great hope for this season after seeing those lovely galleries GW posted! It looks like we're going to see more Jack and less Ptui than we thought--if the pictures are anything to go by! Those pics cheered me up tremendously!!!!!

Combine that with the fact that TPTB have clammed up about the ship (even RDA and that's unusual for him)--and I'm one hopeful shipper!

Spoilers for S8 ep New Order pt 2

When I was looking at the pics for part two, with pics of Sam and Sam and Fifth, I noticed how ticked Fifth looked. It started making me wonder what he'll be like when he's protraying PS in Sam's mind. He'll make Sam think she's living in Montana on a farm with PS (got to really wonder what the heck's with that.<g>). Anyhoo, it made me start thinking that maybe Sam's vision of PS will be frightening, which I won't mind seeing at all. So, maybe his persona for Sam will be what ours has been for him all along! Joking aside, how do you think he'll be used in his scenes for Sam? Ideas?

*I think it's kind of neat that the powers are using a new form of virtual entertainment, where they bring the fans literally into the scene - Sam's being tortured by Fifth, and the FANS are being tortured by PS's presence! *

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i think perhaps one of sams fears may be that the guy she likes (or in o'neills case loves ) is that he will be like jonas hanson. so perhaps fifth'll make her see something like pete acting that way. which hopefully will make sam see something she doesn't like in pete in the real world.

see? i can do optimism. in a really weird sort of way.

Comment

But from what I understand he's being rather quiet in general, so that would suggest to me that he's not saying anything about anything so he doesn't gave any secrets away... so if anything I think that's a good thing.
                    The ONLY thing I've seen him say and give away, so to speak, was something he'd said a few months ago - and it's become my staple sigline on the samjack list.

From RDA interview re avenues for S8 -

"There are some relationship aspects
                    that haven't been examined fully or
                    completely, or resolved in any way,
                    shape or form... I guess the titillating
                    aspect of the ongoing tap-dance that
                    O'Neill and Carter have been playing
                    with really does need to be addressed."

That quote has continued to be my lighthouse in the storm. There are things here and there that sustain me through this crappy bf storyline, but they're few and far between. RDA's quote is something I return to frequently to soothe my worries.

Sally, who had a crappy day at work... and is having an even crappier time at home.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Sally!!
                      It has been a bit frustrating with websites going berserk. Does anyone have a problem getting into Heliopolis? Now that site is gone all goofy!

To get back on topic, I like the optimism I am hearing. I need to stay here for a bit and glean some of it.

I think that RDA and AT have such great chemistry, I really hope TPTB don't fizzle out that rapport. I mean, that kiss in Grace was very convincing as brief as it was, I believe in the ship. I am hoping there will be more.

Chris

Comment

But from what I understand he's being rather quiet in general, so that would suggest to me that he's not saying anything about anything so he doesn't gave any secrets away... so if anything I think that's a good thing.
                        I'm replying to the same post again because this just popped into my mind after I'd already hit send.

Don't you think the spoilers so far have been rather stark? And look at the pics released. Do they really give anything away? They're so vague that... *sigh* I think it's being done on purpose, and I think it has to do with what Darren said a few weeks ago about spoiling the show with spoilers and such. I don't know if I like this. I feel we're being inundated with Atlantis stuff, but Stargate is being hidden behind a mask or something. Like Stargate fans need anymore irritations than we've already got. What do you guys think?

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

*sigh* sounds great, but I just don't see that happening... I just don't think there is enought time, or episodes, and like I've said before I really don't want the 'ship taking over the show.

I just really like the idea of Sam falling in love for the first time all over again. It would just confirm how much they mean to eachother.

Well, in order for it to be believable when Sam and Jack get together, I mean really "Together" and we all know what that means, there has to be a re-building of their relationship. Or at the very least, a continuation of their relationship. That is gonna take some time and some talking, some glances, some special smiling, in other words, some ship.

It doesn't have to take over the show, and it can be subtle, but it definitely has to occur and it has to occur over some time not just in one episode. Otherwise, it just won't be believable.

Besides, TPTB owe us big time.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

I just watched "The Broca Divide" and I have that "I want you" sequence permanently seared into my mind
                            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

i too have had difficulty accessing heliopolis. i wasn't online yesterday so i can't talk about any trouble then, but the day before, couldn't get onto heliopolis.
                              they are upgrading and updating heliopolis though, so perhaps twas only a temporary problem. i'm gonna try it in a few minutes anyway.

i'm always the pessimist, and i always worry that the interviews can be interpreted either way.

rda and at really do have great chemistry, and it would really be unforgivable for TPTB to have devoted 7 years to building up that chemistry and that great potential relationship, and not go anywhere with it. to just let the entire relationship die down and fizzle out would just be bad for the show. they started it and they should finish it. in a good way. not the bad way! (the bad way is by killing it, if you're reading this PTB )

maybe we should start up a savesamandjack.com. has this already been suggested? cos it sounds familiar and like it might be a fun/good idea, and i'm not known for them.

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                                Hello again everyone!
                                I am just now logging into this new forum. Give me some time to get used to all the bells and whistles on this one please!

RL has been kind of hectic so I couldn't join you all, then I could not get into the forum from gateworld. I kept getting a cPanel window that said there was no website configured.

Imagine my distress when I couldn't get onto the forum for all of your positivity! Even though I do lurk, every once in awhile I munch on a red cookie and feel the unbelievable urge to post.

I really needed to get back in here to read your reactions, that way I know that I am not the only one going through 'bumps' in my confidence about ship. Especially lately, I am so happy I could finally get in here. Today is the first day I actually got through.

Anyhow, it sure is good to see everyone again!
                                Chris

Gosh Chris!!! Glad you finally found your Shipper Home again!!!!

Those Red Cookies really do the trick?! Don't they?!

Now you need to munch on some BLUE and PURPLE ones so that you get that dreamy, warm and fuzzy shipper bliss feeling again. That's what happens when you combine those two. Hehehehehehe
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X