This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
    OH!!! Horrible terrible no-good very bad thought!! What if he's REPLACING Shanks? Has MS signed on for S9 yet??? AAAUGH! SOmebody please tell me MS is in for S9.
    MS is in for season 9.

Comment

Good. At least that eliminates one obstacle to enjoying the pretty.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        More on his character in good time but, suffice it to say, as a series regular he should be appearing in all episodes. As for his being DJ's long-lost brother or other relative...don't hold your breath.
        thank god!!!!

cause if we ended up with a long lost brother named michael....i'd lose it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

MS is in for season 9.
          Yay!!!

I know you've probably had a lot of people enquiring/ pestering you about this.

Anything about RDA or AT?
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

MS is in for season 9.
            YES!!!!!! Now I can really get excited about season 9!!!!!!!!!!!!
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              thank god!!!!

cause if we ended up with a long lost brother named michael....i'd lose it
              I think everyone else would loose it! I am also glad that MS is back and I got a feeling that AT and CJ are also back for S9.

Comment

MS is in for season 9.
                Yay!! And Wheeee!! and Hoorah!!

Madeleine

Comment

MS is in for season 9.
                  Wow...take note, folks, hyper-spaz and whine enough and you'll get what you want!

Comment

MS is in for season 9.
                    great news JOE thanks for posting

glad to hear he is on for season 9!
                    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I'm really thinking this is a bad move.

I love RDA.

As someone once said, and I can't remember who

Sam is the scientist, Daniel is the conscience, Teal'c is the warrior and Jack is the glue that holds them all together.

The three remaining members I think, could go on without Jack, but if we add a new team member in...it'll change the whole dynamic.

The dynamic's changed enough in recent years, and if BB is a replacement for RDA...

...I'm not I'm gonna watch

I'm sorry, but I'm just being honest, and I agree with Shadowmaat

I´m really torn about this.
                      I loved Farscape (to be honest Farscape was IMO a much better written show than Stargate - at least than Stargate in the last couple of years) and I liked John Crichton, too.
                      But not only bears BB a striking physical resemblance to MS, the character of John Crichton (shy, idealistic and almost pazifistic astronaut and scientist in the beginning, but later more and more aggresive and sarcastic) has IMO much in common with Daniel Jackson. And I have some doubts that the Stargate writers will invent for BB a character which is very much different from John Crichton. By the way Claudia Black´s Vala seems to have some things in common with her Farscape role Aeyrin Sun, too! At least with the Aeyrin Sun from the early first season episodes.

I think one of the main reasons for Stargate Sg 1 big success are the characters. All for of them completly different from each other but complementing each other perfectly. The whole is more than it´s parts.

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Sam is a scientist, Daniel is the consicence, Teal´c is the warrior and Jack is the glue that holds them all together.
                      I think that is a very good decription of SG 1. And I don´t see how the show can still be successfull if they change it so much. I would be more optimistic when Adam Baldwin had been the new cast member. That would have IMO worked better.
                      I will wait and see (if I will watch season 9 has very much to do with how much (and if) can like the second half of season 8) if the writers don´t deceide to give BB the role of a "Daniel Jackson 2.0" it could work. But I have the feeling that is exactly that what we will get. And that would help nobody, not BB, not the show and not Daniel Jackson...

Comment

Jack was initially the glue. Now he's only sometimes the glue. Sometimes, even when he's there he's more like a pritt-stick, that holds things together somewhat selectively and erratically. In much of s7 he barely interacted with anyone but Sam and that makes him almost pointless for me cos the soppy music always played and there was too much simpering.

If Ben Browder is introduced well, interacts with each of the others, and fails utterly to get involved in a true love / crush / unrequited love / triangle / UST situation with any of the other three it could be even better with BB than it is now with RDA, IMO.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
                          Wow...take note, folks, hyper-spaz and whine enough and you'll get what you want!
                          Do you think if I stamp my foot hard and whine really loudly, Jack will spontaneously appear in my kitchen?

No? <sigh>

How about Jack will appear in more than 5 minutes of each ep on the backside of season 8? Or actually grace my television in season 9?

I can settle for that.
                          Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            Jack was initially the glue. Now he's only sometimes the glue. Sometimes, even when he's there he's more like a pritt-stick, that holds things together somewhat selectively and erratically.
                            Hey, pritt-stick is what all the little ones use to create their prettiful christmas cards, thus, we need Jack, or at least they do...

For biggest shock announcement it would have to be either:
                            A) Chris Judge is leaving the show.
                            B) Carrot Top is joining the show and will be the new leader of the SGC.

Comment

Have any of you seen that West Wing episode where Josh finds a messageboard dedicated to him? It's called LemonLyman.com, LOL. He posts on it and discovers that it's populated by fanatical crazies.

I wonder if that's how Joe feels when he posts on here.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonisa
                                After having a little time to think about this some more, and having read a lot of comments...I'm still frelling excited. I agree with everyone who said BB is an excellent actor, there were scenes in Farscape where I just ached for Crichton, and he's great at snappy one liners.
                                Yep! While he is one of the most gorgeous men I've seen (MHO of course), it's easy to overlook the fact that the man IS a good actor. He had a wonderful way of making you feel what Crichton was feeling--pain, despair, heartbreak, jubilation, you name it. I rarely cry at TV (or movies for that matter) but there were a couple of times that Crichton's emotional agony was palpable and it brought tears to my eyes--there aren't a lot of actors that can do that. Not to mention he's a wonderful writer.

I've read a lot of good points here, several of which I agree with. This could be really good (Stargate gets a badly-needed new direction and fences are mended for some Farscape fans) or really bad (I'm still trying to block the last two seasons of X-Files). I'm hoping for really good. I have to say that like Shadow I was done at the end of S8 but Ben's arrival on the scene has given me a reason to give it a try.
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X