This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    Well, of course! Cause us womenfolk should cry with joy at being compared so favorably with the superior sex.

Now I have to go make hubby his dinner. It'll take me awhile what with being barefoot and pregnant though.

And, btw? It's she should feel or she should have felt.

A feminist and a pendantic English major.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm........cajun food........
    LOL. well, I'm embarrassed about the 'feeled' verb......but you made me
    I didn't stop to check my writing......I just wanted to stick my post to your cyber forehead.
    but then again- take it as a slight to the southern style of speech.

Comment

Darn, I'm usually quicker with my edits.

Anyway, back on a much more satisfying topic, I wonder if tptb even know themselves what character BB will play. It's possible that they got the chance to get him, snatched him up and his character is now being decided on. I agree that most likely he'll be on the team (which totally invalidates Jack not putting anyone on before. What, BB's character has an even slicker resume than Colonel Vasalov? And, he just better have off world experience). But, maybe they don't know yet what kind of personality he'll have.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        As has been pointed out BB is a talented writer and has written some very good Farscape episodes as well as being an incredibly good actor.
        Eh? He writes? I had no idea

What did he write? This could be good, a Farscape writer on Stargate

Madeleine

Comment

He wrote Season Three's "Green-Eyed Monster," which was great -- excellent character work amidst a creative, arc-based story.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'll have to look up a synopsis of that episode. Don't recognize it by name. I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the one where he and Chiana were trapped in the game. It had some cute moments, but it didn't make me sit up and go "Wow!"

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              He wrote Season Three's "Green-Eyed Monster," which was great -- excellent character work amidst a creative, arc-based story.
              And season 4 'John Quixote'

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
              DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I try not to mention "John Quixote," as I think it was Awd-Gawful. Too over-the-top for my sensibilities.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Okay, just looked up Green-Eyed Monster. Now I remember it, and I did like it.

Comment

Hello this is my first post here. I´m a Stargate fan for years but on boards I´m usually only lurk.
                    I´m sad about Ben Bowder joining Stargate! Jack O´Neill is my favourite character but I understand that he want no longer play a recuring role in a TV show. That I can accept. And I was as I heard first about BB joining the Stargate cast more or lesser open to it. I don´t knowed what It would mean for the show.
                    After reading the ecstatic reaction from the online fandom I think I know it now very well. And I don´t like it. Stargate is a very successfull show it don´t need a male seven of nine! I had hoped that maybe Jonas would replace Jack as new SG 1 member or the would maybe even get Kurt Russel but the producers don´t searched for an actor who would fit the show but only for another pretty face.
                    And I think Stargate deserved better.
                    And my little hope that MGM would bring back Richard Dean Anderson as a guest actor is now dead, too. With all this ecstasy about the new "hunk" why should they care to bring him back in any way? And you all can call my egoistic but without the hope to have Jack back for a episode or two or maybe in the planned movie I have no reason to watch anymore.

Jana

Comment

Well, my main concern is that S9 turns into Farscape II instead of Stargate. And now that I've read this on the main page:

Re: Claudia Black being in a S9 five episode arc: In Season Nine she will join Farscape co-star Ben Browder, who will be a series regular on Stargate (story). It is possible that Black's recurring appearance on the show will compensate for Amanda Tapping's ("Samantha Carter") expected absence or lessened involvement in the new season's first several episodes, following the birth of her child -- though this has not been confirmed.

I'm even more concerned. I like both CB and BB and have nothing against them as actors, but in no way could CB 'compensate' for not having AT in the show as far as I'm concerned. I want to watch Stargate, not Farscape. And AT is Stargate for me, not CB.

It could be good if it's handled properly and if TPTB have learned from the lessons of Jonus/CN. I still can't help but feel that established SF names like this, who have already imprinted themselves on the psyche of the SF fan community as charismatic characters are a very bad idea for permanent rather than guest roles in an entirely different SF show.

But, as always, I'll wait and see how it pans out and hope to be pleasantly surprised out of my pessimisim. Though a trifle anxiously maybe!

Albion
                      Last edited by Albion; 17 December 2004, 11:49 PM.
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

That is another reason why I´m unhappy about it. With both Farscape actors in the show what will mean that for Stargate and for Daniel, Sam, and Teal´c?

Comment

I had to register so I could vote for "Frell yeah"

I have a little confession to make, I am not really an SG fan.. I enjoyed the first seasons pretty much, but at some point I didnt find it interesting anymore. I heard that things went wild later on, but I had lost my interest compeletely at that point.

But after hearing these news, I thought this might be interesting
                          Sadly, I will not be watching Stargate when this season airs, im watching Farscape at Stargate universe... At least that is what I think I will do...

Hopefully things will go smoothly, and everyone of us will be happy for the outcome.

Comment

I must say, I'm excited about bring BB into Stargate. Of course, I'm one of those rare fans (well, in my opinion) that didn't hate TPTB for bringing in Jonas, and in fact grew to love him equally just for who he was, and not based upon Daniel at all. With RDA leaving to be with his daughter, and AT with her baby, I think it's quite a fantastic idea.

Of course, I'm disappointed now to learn that BB will have no relation to Daniel Jackson (I was invisioning some maaajorly fine moebius scenes here!) but think if they play their cards right, BB could have a fantastic character.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
                              Yeah, that's what I meant with the 'quite literally' Before he translated it properly it was known as "The Doorway to Heaven".
                              Slightly OT, sorry, but the Egyptologist in me forces me to say this: Which I never understood...I mean, it was the glyphs for gate and for stars (plural), no "heaven" glyph to be seen....I thought they were all stupid and only Daniel and I could see it (Then again, it was ten years ago and I was...younger....)

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                              Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                              ~CELLO!~
                              ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by triptnx
                                Of course, I'm disappointed now to learn that BB will have no relation to Daniel Jackson (I was invisioning some maaajorly fine moebius scenes here!) but think if they play their cards right, BB could have a fantastic character.
                                Since they look so much alike, a great way to introduce BB new character is to have a case of mistaken identity. The bad guys kidnap BB character thinking he is Daniel.

Comment

Working...
                                X