No announcement yet.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohh they had a preview for it before sin city on er...the 1st, i have to saythat movie looks awesome, i love the books!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

(Mutters several naughty words to self) Honestly, what is my memory like?
      I've found out why there's little knitted figures as part of the merchandising bonanza for the movie.

From stills I've seen on the official movie website, it appears that the principal characters get turn into cuddly knitted versions of themselves at some point in the actual film - probably something to do with the ol' Infinite Improbability Drive I shouldn't wonder...
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
        (Mutters several naughty words to self) Honestly, what is my memory like?
        I've found out why there's little knitted figures as part of the merchandising bonanza for the movie.

From stills I've seen on the official movie website, it appears that the principal characters get turn into cuddly knitted versions of themselves at some point in the actual film - probably something to do with the ol' Infinite Improbability Drive I shouldn't wonder...
        That's hilarious (and nice job by the marketing dept.)! Aw, I want my own cuddily lil' Marvin.
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
          That's hilarious (and nice job by the marketing dept.)! Aw, I want my own cuddily lil' Marvin.
          A cuddly Trillian for me, thanks very much.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
            A cuddly Trillian for me, thanks very much.
            You're assuming she's anywhere near fit!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Empire Online reviews Hitchhiker's:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/i...w.asp?FID=9807

Comment

Sounds promising!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

For those who have iTunes, the soundtrack is now available:
                  http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...istId=54796297

(it doesn't come out untill April 26 in stores)
                  Those who saw the T.V. series may remember the 7th track, Journey of the Sorcerer (double click for a 30 sec preview).

Comment

Hurray for iTunes and all things Mac! Thanks for the tip. The website's been updated so that we can now access The Guide. I'm still waiting to Download Marvin.
                    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Daniel: Oh! You see?
                    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                      Empire Online reviews Hitchhiker's:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/i...w.asp?FID=9807

Thanks for this link- four out of five stars! It sounds pretty promising! Was worried it could all have gone horribly wrong. Hope it really does well at the box office though.

Comment

That sounds very promising, doesn't it? Interesting to see that Marvin is referred to as a 'Maniacally' depressed robot. So not only is he depressed, he's a maniac, too.

Looking forward to seeing how the head thing works with Zaphod. He certainly looks pretty cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm glad it's getting such good reviews, but the more i see the commercial, the more i get the feeling it's just an experiment in CGI...

still gonna see it, of course...of course! just hope it lives up to the author.

i'm always worried when authors that previously had not had/let their books be turned into movies have movies made of their books after they've died...prime example, starship troopers.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                            i'm glad it's getting such good reviews, but the more i see the commercial, the more i get the feeling it's just an experiment in CGI...

still gonna see it, of course...of course! just hope it lives up to the author.

i'm always worried when authors that previously had not had/let their books be turned into movies have movies made of their books after they've died...prime example, starship troopers.
                            There's nothing wrong with Starship Troopers - just becasue the M.I. didn't have their power suits, do you have any idea how expensive they would've been to design, construct and film?
                            Anyway, the CGI cartoon Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles is much closer to the novel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Douglas Adams worked on the movie while he was alive. He helped write the screenlay.

Comment

Last night my boyfriend came home from the cinema (he works there) with the actual poster advertising the film (the one put up outside to tell people) hehehehe all my friends are so jealous lol. Apparently this afternoon his manager noticed and asked where it went and why they had up the replacement poster.... I say what they don't know won't hurt them
                                meh

Comment

Working...
                                X