No announcement yet.

Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Rittenhouse began in the 1800s so how did time travel figure into this?

As I said 1800s Hydra haha
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Maybe some one from the future went back into 1800 to start it? They have stated they have sleeper agents planted in many eras.

Comment

Ummm...in the last episode I watched...they got Carol's grandfather because he wrote all of the stuff about Rittenhouse as far as what needed to be done, where sleeper agents needed to be sent, etc. So, this was supposedly his plan based on the last episode that aired.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes that's the way I understand it, they've plucked him out the past to do something now, but at some point in the not very distant future they are going to have to send him back so he seeds Carol's mother and actually publish his maifesto.

You can foresee the paradox now, do they kill her Grandad in the present, knowing it will possibly mean she doesn't exist at all, or do they let him escape to the past to finish the loop.

And what's with the brainiac girl, is she merging with multiple parallel universe versions of herself or something? One minute she's seeing destroyed bridges, next she's for seeing the future, then fixing her heart murmur? Are these visions her jumping to a parallel earth, or alternative earths?

I like the NASCAR episode, it was somewhat factually correct, although they should have set the events at Winston-Salem (a short dirt track where Wendell Scott was refused to be allowed to race because of his colour) rather than Darlington since the Darlington track has never had a dirt layout and has always been a high banked asphalt super speedway.
          Last edited by Ian-S; 27 March 2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            Yes that's the way I understand it, they've plucked him out the past to do something now, but at some point in the not very distant future they are going to have to send him back so he seeds Carol's mother and actually publish his maifesto.

You can foresee the paradox now, do they kill her Grandad in the present, knowing it will possibly mean she doesn't exist at all, or do they let him escape to the past to finish the loop.

And what's with the brainiac girl, is she merging with multiple parallel universe versions of herself or something? One minute she's seeing destroyed bridges, next she's for seeing the future, then fixing her heart murmur? Are these visions her jumping to a parallel earth, or alternative earths?

I like the NASCAR episode, it was somewhat factually correct, although they should have set the events at Winston-Salem (a short dirt track where Wendell Scott was refused to be allowed to race because of his colour) rather than Darlington since the Darlington track has never had a dirt layout and has always been a high banked asphalt super speedway.
            If they kill Carol's grandfather...then neither Carol nor Lucy are born.

Brainiac girl? You mean Jiya? She's supposed to be inflicted with some disorder caused by being an extra passenger in the time ship (at least that is what I remember from the Hollywoodland episode). I don't think she's jumping anywhere physically. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

I wonder what happened to allow
            Spoiler:
            Wyatt's wife to come back. She looked like she knew him, but she looked confused to see him. I wonder if she's married to someone else?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              If they kill Carol's grandfather...then neither Carol nor Lucy are born.
              Assuming he is their genetic grandfather and not just the person claimed to be Carol's father (just like Lucy's sister had a different father) but yes that was my point, I can see them having that decision in the future.

Brainiac girl? You mean Jiya? She's supposed to be inflicted with some disorder caused by being an extra passenger in the time ship (at least that is what I remember from the Hollywoodland episode). I don't think she's jumping anywhere physically. We'll just have to see how it plays out.
              Yes Jiya, sorry I'm terrible with names.

I wonder what happened to allow
              Spoiler:
              Wyatt's wife to come back. She looked like she knew him, but she looked confused to see him. I wonder if she's married to someone else?
              Curious isn't it, I wonder if Rittenhouse sent someone back
              Spoiler:
              to make sure they never married, thus indirectly saving her life, and the confused look is because of that, but because he was in the lifeboat at the time, he didn't get the update

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                ...Curious isn't it...
                sigpic

Comment

Why is removing all traces of Lucy's sister so important?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    But Rittenhouse began in the 1800s so how did time travel figure into this?

As I said 1800s Hydra haha
                    Even authors in the 1800s included ideas of time travel in their works. So, Rittenhouse figured in order to achieve their goals, there would have to be agents placed strategically in time. Of course, their plan would all be hinged on the creating of viable time travel.

Why is removing all traces of Lucy's sister so important?
                    Good question. All this is doing is fueling Lucy's desire to repair history. I just wonder if they get Lucy's sister back...if Lucy's Mom will have cancer again?
                    sigpic

Comment

The organization was founded in 1778 by American clockmaker and astronomer David Rittenhouse. (from http://timeless.wikia.com/wiki/Rittenhouse)

So, I guess we were wrong about the organization starting in the 1800s. David Rittenhouse is an actual historical figure.
                      sigpic

Comment

The organization was founded in 1778 by American clockmaker and astronomer David Rittenhouse. (from http://timeless.wikia.com/wiki/Rittenhouse)

So, I guess we were wrong about the organization starting in the 1800s. David Rittenhouse is an actual historical figure.

Indeed he was a real figure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rittenhouse

Made discoveries about the planet Venus and made an orrerry

Comment

Indeed he was a real figure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rittenhouse

Made discoveries about the planet Venus and made an orrerry
                          Just wonder why they selected David Rittenhouse to name the "evil" organization after? Based on historical record, he doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just wonder why they selected David Rittenhouse to name the "evil" organization after? Based on historical record, he doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy.

I think they needed a name that would stick with people. And chose an actual person and made a fiction of them.

Comment

Argghh1 had to delete my post because I forgot how to do Spoilers.
                              Glad to see this show is back on, though.
                              Been enjoying it. Have the same questions as posted above.

Comment

[spoiler]

Then close it with a /spoiler in [] brackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X