No announcement yet.

Independence Day: Resurgence SPOILERS/Trailers/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well this movie does will impact directly on the likelihood of their Stargate movie franchise. If it dosnt make much cash, I don't see Stargate going forward.

Reviews at the moment are mixed. Would have loved to have seen Hemsworth playing an Aussie Airforce pilot.. but I guess that's asking too much from the Audience.

Comment

So who has seen it yet?

Just been today, and frankly I enjoyed it. I felt I had gotten my money's worth out of it.

Spoiler:

The film starts off with their version of 2016 20 years after the envents of the first movie and most of Earth has been rebuilt and we now have a united world with all nations putting aside their differences to rebuild the world. They have adapted some of the scavanged alien technology from the first movie and figured out ho to build spaceships, fighter aircraft, and other vehicles using a hybrid of Earth and alien technology. For the most part some of the hybrid aircraft and the space fighters look quite cool.

I liked the overall look and feel of the movie, and the alien tech was nice to look at. I had assumed at the end of the first movie they had some living aliens still to find after winning that battle and I was right. They had prisons for the captured aliens and they were very much alive. I always thought that part was just in the books and that no one would have picked up on that and used that but hey they did. I liked that part.

Yes there was a lot of cheese in this movie and emotional moments that were designed to grab you and for me I get emotional so there were a couple of bits where I got a little bit misty eyed. The big reveal of the aliens having a queen was good and I liked how they represented her as a giant alien leader who sat inside a giant alien exo-suit. It fit the movie perfectly. She was mean and pissed off. But us plucky humans don't take stuff like that lying down. We will get her, and we did. We killed that *****

I have to say it was nice that they fleshed out the aliens a bit more then the first movie. So that wasn't the entire race but a part of it since they have these massive hives that are all over the universe harvesting planets and then moving on. That first mothership was just one of their hives in the very first movie. I am glad that they addressed this as I had always assumed that there was more then just that lot even in the first movie I had always thought that there was a hell of a lot more of them out there still.

Overall I have to say I liked this film and that when it's in its final week at the cinema I plan to go one more time ....... I didn't hang around at the end credits so I don't know if there was any added scene after the credits. I know of hope they didn't do that as it seems to be a useless fad movies have to keep doing now.

My rating

7/10
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 June 2016, 07:05 AM. Reason: language filtered.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well, it seems that 'fad' is only for marvel films..

BUT nice review!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Well, it seems that 'fad' is only for marvel films..

BUT nice review!

Thank you.

I hope more people see it.

And say hi to the Rover when you see it on screen

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            BTW Kenn who is in your sig?
            Those are the ladies from the movie DOA: Dead or Alive

From Left to Right:
            • Devon Aoki
            • Holly Valance
            • Sarah Carter
            • Jaime Pressly
            • Natassia Malthe

Here is a larger pic- DOA Ladies

Not the best video game movie adaptation...a bit cheesy...but I loved it!
            sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
            ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Originally posted by KennClique View Post
              Those are the ladies from the movie DOA: Dead or Alive

From Left to Right:
              • Devon Aoki
              • Holly Valance
              • Sarah Carter
              • Jaime Pressly
              • Natassia Malthe

Here is a larger pic- DOA Ladies

Not the best video game movie adaptation...a bit cheesy...but I loved it!

Holly Valance is an ex aussie "singer" well she thinks she can but now she's an "actor" /s

Comment

Well, looking at how well Kylie has done, switching from singing to acting, perhaps that was her inspiration.

Comment

Did they ever explain in the film, how Dr Okun is alive and well, after being supposedly killed in the first?

Comment

Did they ever explain in the film, how Dr Okun is alive and well, after being supposedly killed in the first?
                    He wasn't killed but comatose..... It's mentioned in the film

Comment

Funny. i watched it last night (the 9 min extended edition) and i could have sworn when Adam baldwin's character checked him for a pulse i saw him shake his head slightly (normally an indicator of 'hes dead jim")..

Comment

Funny. i watched it last night (the 9 min extended edition) and i could have sworn when Adam baldwin's character checked him for a pulse i saw him shake his head slightly (normally an indicator of 'hes dead jim")..
                        I noticed that, too. But maybe there was such a faint pulse that Major Mitchell didn't feel it and assumed Okun was dead.

Comment

Well at the start of Resurgence the coma is mentioned.

The alien pokeball of hope I liked the pokeball.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I noticed that, too. But maybe there was such a faint pulse that Major Mitchell didn't feel it and assumed Okun was dead.
                            Hmm.. That might be it..

Comment

Was it me, or did this movie have a slight 90's feel to it?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Did anyone do a "Rover" thought when they saw the Pokeball of hope?

Comment

Working...
                                X