No announcement yet.

The Librarians TNT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to make an addendum to my love-note for The Librarians.

The scoring - much love for the music I have. It's quirky, beautiful and dramatic at just the right times. Whomever is the composer - thou art brilliant!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Anyone notice that the Librarian's personality has become more Who-esque for the series? The scoring, too, leans that way in the episodes with the Librarian himself. (It's different, of course - very different - but snippets here and there force my thoughts to Doctor Who.) I'm amused.

Comment

The bowtie, the suit, the shoes... yup, you're not the only one to think that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I rather like this show as well. There is a lot of similarity to Warehouse 13, though. In fact, it's better than WH13 in some ways.
          We are spared the childish antics of Pete, and there is no irritating teenage snotnose like Claudia. (to be fair, Claudia did mature to some degree in later seasons, but early on, I couldn't stand her.
          But there's no steampunk.. And The Librarians ' Artie is far too nice..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            But there's no steampunk.. And The Librarians ' Artie is far too nice..
            Yeah, I'll concede that Artie was the better ringleader, at least compared to John L.'s character. Not so sure about Noah Wyle's character, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Yeah, I'll concede that Artie was the better ringleader, at least compared to John L.'s character. Not so sure about Noah Wyle's character, however.
              He's The Librarians' Pete I remember him being slightly more serious in the films..

It's only the first season.. so maybe if/when there's a second Jenkins will develop a personality beyond being the "nice" guy

Comment

But they invaded Jenkins' workspace -- Eve told him to take it or leave it that they were there. He just adapted. Jenkins is no Artie.

Comment

This has been renewed.
                  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...season/362665/

TNT has renewed its hit fantasy-adventure The Librarians. One of the hottest new shows on cable, The Librarians burst onto the scene with a chart-topping launch in December and went on to finish the year as basic cable's #2 new series of 2014, second only to TNT's The Last Ship. The show's success extends across TNT's multiple platforms, with each week's episode reaching an average of 11.4 million viewers through linear telecasts, DVR playback and VOD, digital and mobile viewing. TNT has ordered 10 episodes for the second season, which is slated to launch later this year.

Based on TNT's hit movie franchise, The Librarians centers on an ancient organization hidden beneath the Metropolitan Public Library dedicated to protecting an unknowing world from the secret, magical reality hidden all around. Rebecca Romijn (X-Men), Christian Kane (TNT's Leverage, Angel), Lindy Booth (Dawn of the Dead, The Philanthropist) and John Kim (Neighbors, The Pacific) star in the series as the newest protectors of the world's mystical treasures, with Emmy® winner John Larroquette (Night Court, Deception) as their reluctant caretaker. Noah Wyle (Falling Skies, ER) recurs as Flynn Carsen, the role he played in TNT's movie trilogy.

The Librarians is produced by Electric Entertainment, with executive producers Dean Devlin, John Rogers, Marc Roskin and Noah Wyle.

Comment

YES!!!

*does happy dance*

Comment

Well would you look at that, there is good in the world.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

This is good news.

I really enjoyed the films, and this series is a fun continuation of the films.
                        As someone above mentioned, I prefer the way Noah Wyle's character behaves in the movies, which is a lot more controlled than the 'mad scientist' type of vibe I get from the tv show. Apart from that small problem, I find the show very entertaining.
                        sigpic

Comment

good to hear.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This will make my mom's day. She loves this show. I loved the movies but haven't gotten pulled into the series yet.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to season 2.

Comment

A season 2...! Great...! Something to look forward to...
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X