Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charmed Cancelled? (From Eonline, Kristin)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancient 1
    Speaking a s member of their "target audience" I coldn't agree more. I especially didn't like the way Cole went out.
    ...but then on the other hand I guess he had some surgery waiting to perform. *w*

NIP/TUCK!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
      ...but then on the other hand I guess he had some surgery waiting to perform. *w*

NIP/TUCK!
      Yes, if he didn't leave, Nip/Tuck wouldn't have been made, and that would have been a tragesy, haha... But yes, i didn't like the way Cole left either, imo, it was pretty stupid... Was he that obssessed with Pheobe? He could have done better!
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Charmed lost it's appeal years ago. Better to go out now while it still has an audience than to die a lonely death with zero ratings.
        Seffy- Stargating Farscaping X-O'Phile
        Sci-fi, it's like drugs only legal.
        O'Neill In the middle of my backswing? Window Of Opertunity

Comment

Originally posted by seffy
          Charmed lost it's appeal years ago. Better to go out now while it still has an audience than to die a lonely death with zero ratings.
          Aww... Right when i thought Charmed itself was going down, the stupid WB are asking them to make a spinoff (from the Charmed Magazine supposingly)...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
            after prue died, i stopped watching.
            don't get me wrong, i like rose mcgowan, but the show went south.
            very big on the cheese!

I so agree, i was a die hard for this show, then they killed off Prue and the show just changed and got from being really serious and mabye a thriller to fluff and what it is now. But after Prue left i rarely watched.

Im sorry though, when shows like Angel, Enterprise, Firefly, Farscape get canned this show should of got its due after Prue left the show.
            IN away im so glad this show is going to get canned.
            It deserves it.

WB do the right thing!
            Last edited by glennh73; 13 February 2005, 10:20 AM.
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

At 8 p.m., the Queen Latifah-hosted Grammys stayed on top with a 12.2/18. ABC's second hour of "EM:HE" improved to a 9.7/15. NBC aired a repeat of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and got a 6.0/9, easily better than the average for FOX's "The Simpsons" and "Arrested Development." On The WB, "Charmed" had only a 1.9/2.
              From Zap2it.com

Last-place the WB also continues to lag on Sunday with its combination of a repeat of Summerland (Overnights: 1.2/ 2; A18-49: 0.4/ 1), Charmed (Overnights: 3.0/ 4, A18-49: 1.3/ 3) and Steve Harvey's Big Time Challenge (Overnights: 1.8/ 3; A18-49: 0.8/ 2).
              From Mediaweek.com

Can someone say ouch? I know Charmed was against the Grammy's, but so was Desperate Housewives! I think this is evidence people has lost interest, because when Charmed went against the Emmys (or was it the Golden Globes) back in S5, it faired pretty well... I dont know...

Comment

Just wanted to post the most recent Charmed Ratings (February 20, 2004).

ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" had a 10.3/16 to win the 8 p.m. hour, beating the 9.5/14 for CBS' "Cold Case." NBC had third with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," which barely beat the 5.8/9 for two episodes of "The Simpsons" on FOX. The WB trailed again with the 2.1/3 for "Charmed."

Nothing 'massive' was on tonight, but wow, Charmed's ratings still... suffered.

Comment

I can't see how Charmed made it 7 seasons. To me, it was, and still is a travesty that Charmed went 7, and Angel bought it after 5 seasons. In my opinion, Charmed was nothing more than a Buffy coat tail rider. Now the Buffyverse is gone, and somehow Charmed is still out there.
                  Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                  O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                  O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I have to say that I'm not sad to see Charmed go...I've always hated it.

I'm sad that people will lose their jobs though, and I'm sad for all the people that love it.
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I JUST stopped watching last week. After they ended the big plot in the middle of the season, I just said "screw this" and instead went straight to my Deep Space Nine DVDs when "Charmed" was about to come on.

Bye, bye, Phoebe. Cancellation is one demon you can't vanquish.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I have to say that I'm not sad to see Charmed go...I've always hated it.

I'm sad that people will lose their jobs though, and I'm sad for all the people that love it.
                        Yes, thats probably the only reason i would feel guilt.

Comment

I really do not think that this means that they are canceling the show... But one of my best friends is a huge Charmed fan. She has probably already heard this news. I've tried updating her with Charmed news before. And she has always known.

I liked the show, I just think it's nowhere near how it used to be in the beginning.

Comment

I find it funny what this page says (thecharmedones.com) about ratings:

Once again the addition of Billy Zane, as Drake, made this show not only memorable because of the comedy and light drama, but it also added a charisma that has long been lacking. I was very surprised to find, near the end of the episode, that Billy had a very pleasing voice and I could picture him and Rose up on stage singing the old lounge tunes. Charmed should have added this actor when Julian left the show. I have received many emails after the last episode, from fans asking the Charmed Producers to keep Billy Zane on the show. One fan wrote, "I love Billy Zane on the show and I really hope they can find away to keep him on. Even my husband watches in more with me now because he likes him. He brings some fresh humor to the show."
                            I guess we all see something we like!

Charmed's "ShowGhouls" trailed with a 2.1/3 for the evening. Popular shows such as ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition", CBS' "Cold Case, and NBC's "Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Sunday nights used to belong to the WB but it looks like the other networks jumped on the Sunday night programming wagon for viewers. I look forward for Charmed to make it's change to 7 pm on Sunday night, only in hopes that rating will once again be brought up!
                            I find this funny because for the past weeks, it always says, "people would rather watch Extreme Makeover", but now, decided to add in more the other shows, "Cold Case" and "Law and Order". I mean really, didn't Charmed go against the Emmy's (or was it the Golden Globes) and still manage high ratings? And when exactly was Sunday belonging to the WB? No, thats an actual question, i'm not saying it wasn't, but i just can't believe that...

Comment

I think if this is the end of Charmed which i will be really annoyed about- they should go out on a high the past few seasons haven't been too hot but i've still watched it because i always liked it. Brad Kern admitted the reasin they changed the format pof teh show in season 5(the worse season) was because the WB were saying people who just started watching it couldn't keep up with the plot- so they told him to make sure people who just start to become fans can keep up if theys tart watching in the middle of the season- the format since then has lost alot of things charmed viewrs loved like the sisterly bondinga nd stuff like that- i just think that if it is the last season- as an avid fan i say "screw the people who just start wtaching make it a good hsow for me who has been watching since the beggining!" I do think Brad Kern is finally getting fed up of teh WBa nd is going to make this season a really really good one and make it a brilliant ending- just to boost it up a bit. There have been so many fantastic episodes and i know i always mentiom this but the way they dealt with Prue's death is still always going to be my favourite Charmed storyline ever!! Holly marie Combs is an amazing actress!! Alyssa Milano is such a beautiful person and Rose mcGowan has done an amazing job of stepping into Shannen's shoes. behind Sg-1 this is my favourite show, i really really love it and i think that for it to go out on a high Brad Kern needs to stop listening to the stupid WB and take control of hos programme. *rant over*

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                                I think if this is the end of Charmed which i will be really annoyed about- they should go out on a high the past few seasons haven't been too hot but i've still watched it because i always liked it. Brad Kern admitted the reasin they changed the format pof teh show in season 5(the worse season) was because the WB were saying people who just started watching it couldn't keep up with the plot- so they told him to make sure people who just start to become fans can keep up if theys tart watching in the middle of the season- the format since then has lost alot of things charmed viewrs loved like the sisterly bondinga nd stuff like that- i just think that if it is the last season- as an avid fan i say "screw the people who just start wtaching make it a good hsow for me who has been watching since the beggining!" I do think Brad Kern is finally getting fed up of teh WBa nd is going to make this season a really really good one and make it a brilliant ending- just to boost it up a bit. There have been so many fantastic episodes and i know i always mentiom this but the way they dealt with Prue's death is still always going to be my favourite Charmed storyline ever!! Holly marie Combs is an amazing actress!! Alyssa Milano is such a beautiful person and Rose mcGowan has done an amazing job of stepping into Shannen's shoes. behind Sg-1 this is my favourite show, i really really love it and i think that for it to go out on a high Brad Kern needs to stop listening to the stupid WB and take control of hos programme. *rant over*
                                I know how you feel about the WB controlling shows, 'to make it easier for people to get into the show...' I thought season 3 was by far the best, i missed a few episodes, but when i returned, i didn't miss much. I too hope Charmed will have a good ending (if this is the last season) because after a season or so of dreadful so-so episodes, there isn't much left except to go up. I'm just a little fed up with the whole 'It isn't logical for demons to be somekind of good', yes i know, in the Charmed World, they are, but gah, it annoys me...

I think also it would be good if Brad Kern does not follow strictly to what theWB is wanting him to do, look what happened to Angel, was moved multiple times, cut their budget, was told to make the new season with 'more standalone episodes', and was cancelled, 'because the show was aging'... I can say more, but Angel is not the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X