Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charmed Cancelled? (From Eonline, Kristin)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak
    Why do people watch Charmed? Three attractive young women in skimpy clothing - duh!

Actually i'm a girl, thanks. I watch it for the acting which alot of you aparently can't see- fair enough. Holly Marie Combs is an amazing actress. I think it's a serious shame that Charmed is getting cancelled after 7 years. Just as it's getting it's mojo back- as far as I can see.
    I understand aloto f people don't like it- it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's not cool to gloat, i like it. But reading this kinda made me feel as though I should be ashamed to like it? I knwo you wouldn't like it if fans of another show started cheering when they thought Sg-1 was going to end? As of yet it does look like this will be the last season of Charmed as the channel that host it the WB are being complete idiots about it. They haven't even told the shows writer wether they're going to renew it so he doesn't know wether to write a season or series finalle. In support of the show i'm gona loose the sg-1 banners for a little while and put up my charmed banner. Y'all probably think that's lame but...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
      As of yet it does look like this will be the last season of Charmed as the channel that host it the WB are being complete idiots about it. They haven't even told the shows writer wether they're going to renew it so he doesn't know wether to write a season or series finalle. In support of the show i'm gona loose the sg-1 banners for a little while and put up my charmed banner. Y'all probably think that's lame but...

Nah, it's not lame--everyone's got their favs. There are not enough words I'm not allowed to say on this board to describe the WB. They've screwed over sooo many good shows! I guess Charmed is just the latest....
      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Daniel: Oh! You see?
      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I heard that there will be a spin-off of it. It's about a mermaid I think?

Comment

The WB are idiots? It's not like that's anything new *cough* Angel *cough*

Comment

Strange, at SciFi2K it lists Charmed as renewed:

2004/2005 Renewed Shows:

The Dead Zone (usa Network)
            Monk (usa network)
            The 4400 (usa network)
            Stargate SG-1 (scifi)
            Atlantis (scifi)
            Charmed (wb) final season in 2005/2006

Likely...
            Alias (abc)
            LOST (abc)
            All Three CSI series... (cbs)
            Battlestar Galactica (scifi)

Bubble...
            JAG

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
              Strange, at SciFi2K it lists Charmed as renewed:

2004/2005 Renewed Shows:

The Dead Zone (usa Network)
              Monk (usa network)
              The 4400 (usa network)
              Stargate SG-1 (scifi)
              Atlantis (scifi)
              Charmed (wb) final season in 2005/2006

Likely...
              Alias (abc)
              LOST (abc)
              All Three CSI series... (cbs)
              Battlestar Galactica (scifi)

Bubble...
              JAG

I think the site is going by their contracts (they are contracted through Season 8). I say this because Kern himself said that he hasn't got word of the possible cancellation/renewl (says at scifiwire).
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                Again, I'd be sorry for its fans in losing a show they love.

But to be honest I have never understood the attraction of this show. The acting and plots have always seemed appallingly dismal to me. I was just saying to my husband the other day that I couldn't believe it had gone to as many seasons as it had, after spotting an ad for it on cable and realising for the first time that it had apparently made it beyond it's first season!

Guess different strokes for different folks really applies, huh?

I remain baffled, but sympathise if you're a fan.

Albion
                Yeah. I'll watch it if it's on, but not something I'd seek out, y'know? OTOH, one of my best friends in college was addicted to it (had taped every episode, etc.).
                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Holly Marie Combs is an amazing actress.
                  Actually, I wouldn't disagree with you there at all. I haven't seen any of them in much else other than Charmed, but I suspect that all of them are talented actresses. My problem is that Charmed didn't let us see that, as far as I'm concerned, and didn't do any of the actresses involved any favours or justice. Hex summed it up for me:

cheesiness and over the top camp
                  That's what I saw - not quality dramatic acting. But then that's what was required of the actresses, quite obviously, and the atmosphere and theme that TPTB for the show clearly wanted to convey. It was supposed to be cheesy and camp and over the top. And if you enjoy that kind of thing you'd enjoy the show. Fair enough. Clearly you're not the only one who disagrees with us - they didn't take it to seven seasons just because you liked it. You were clearly in some company.

I believe one of the producers was once quoted as saying it was a modern version of Charlie's Angels. Nuff said. Never liked them either. <G>

And no need to feel ashamed of enjoying it, just because some of us posting here can't see the attraction. I'm pretty sure there's a show or two in my personal favourites library that would be met with cries of "Eeeeeeeeee-yew" should I reveal them.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I'm not an avid fan of Charmed but I am prepared to watch/download it, if this show is cancelled I wouldn't really mind but it would also be disappointing to see it leave our screens. Everyone knows that over the course of a show they have their ups and downs, in this case more downs than ups, but overall the show can be labelled a success.

Either you're a guy watching it for eye candy or a girl watching it for acting or something else, it can be enjoyed by either gender and you don't have to be a goth to like it either (no offence to any goths that like it). Being a guy I watch it, admittedly for the eye candy, but some of the more recent storylines have been better than previous ones, if this is to be their last season lets hope they do a good ending that will not leave fans disappointed.

If they are making a spin-off about a mermaid, dear god, that would have to be bad since the episode where Phoebe turned into a mermaid was awful.
                    "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Theres a little bit more on S8: http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/

You have to scroll down i think.

Comment

I watched the show through the wacky demons, genies, fanservice/themed episodes, and even the switch of sisters in season 4. In fact, I think the show took a turn for the better when Rose McGowan joined the cast.

I even stayed on board through Piper's wedding and first child. When Chris first joined the show, I pretty much had to watch to confirm my theory that he was the future son of one of the witches. I was actually leaning toward Phoebe. I hadn't figured Piper would have a second kid. Even during that time, I had a hard time watching.

But once they finally revealed who Chris was, I only stuck around for a couple more episodes. I caught a few episodes afterward, and I just couldn't sit through the stories of the magic school and this season's whole Avatar/Semi-evil Leo stories. I also got really really tired of the "Wyatt will turn evil" plot.

I think this show has run its course. Actually, I thought they would've ended it after they finally killed Cole when he became the Source and Cole's baby. Then I thought they were gonna end it after they finally killed Cole permanantly. This show just felt like it ended too many times for me.
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

after prue died, i stopped watching.
                          don't get me wrong, i like rose mcgowan, but the show went south.
                          very big on the cheese!
                          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

I've only just started watching it a few weeks ago and i'm hooked, I can't believe I've missed out on 6 seasons, but I'm watching re-runs, I hope they do keep it for another year atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by daxiel2
                              I've only just started watching it a few weeks ago and i'm hooked, I can't believe I've missed out on 6 seasons, but I'm watching re-runs, I hope they do keep it for another year atleast.
                              You just started watching S7? Gosh, you have missed out on the only good seasons (the first few)!

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                                after prue died, i stopped watching.
                                don't get me wrong, i like rose mcgowan, but the show went south.
                                very big on the cheese!
                                Speaking a s member of their "target audience" I coldn't agree more. I especially didn't like the way Cole went out.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X