No announcement yet.

Highlander reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't agree with you more. Ryan Reynolds as The Highlander...I know right!!

Comment

My first choice would be Colin Farrell. But I could see Gerard Butler as well...THIS IS SCOTLAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
        I really don't like Reynolds for this role, he's just not the right actor to play the Highlander.

If I were casting the movie I'd be looking at either Gerard Butler or Clive Owen.

Either of those would suit me ell. Or if they could get him, the new bond (Daniel Craig).

As for
        "I think anyone would agree that Christopher Lambert was not the best choice in the first place, and Ryan Reynolds is probably an even worse choice."

Yes Lambert may not have been the best choice, but he did a damn good job.

As for Ramirez, I'd say it might be wise to go for someone who actually comes across as Spanish........ one thing I will say about the original film is that you know you have a problem when the Highlander sounds like he's from the continent and his "spanish" trainer sounds like he should be the title role. That said I still like Chris Lambert in that film.
        Hows bout Antonio Banderass? He can do the sword play (as we saw in the Zorro films).. Speaks with a spanish accent.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Either of those would suit me ell. Or if they could get him, the new bond (Daniel Craig).

As for
          "I think anyone would agree that Christopher Lambert was not the best choice in the first place, and Ryan Reynolds is probably an even worse choice."

Yes Lambert may not have been the best choice, but he did a damn good job.

Hows bout Antonio Banderass? He can do the sword play (as we saw in the Zorro films).. Speaks with a spanish accent.
          Antonio Banderass would make a great Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez!!
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Ramirez was actually Egyptian so someone who can play a convincing middle eastern person would be great. The first actor who came to my mind was Oded Fehr, he was pretty good in the mummy movies.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004912/

Comment

Ramirez was actually Egyptian so someone who can play a convincing middle eastern person would be great. The first actor who came to my mind was Oded Fehr, he was pretty good in the mummy movies.

True. However, Sean Connery doesn't look Egyptian and did an great job as Ramirez in the original movie. If memory serves Ramirez was working for the King of Spain when he found Conner so someone who could pass himself off as Spanish would work just fine, IMHO.

Having just looked at Oded Fehr's IMBD page, I like his work and would be happy if he got the role.
              Last edited by mandogater; 01 November 2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Oh my. He would be amazing!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Antonio Banderass would make a great Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez!!
                Also a good choice.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Oded would be an awesome choice..

Comment

Seems like this movie isn't going anywhere, Ryan Reynolds is out and there is no director attached.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/1...lander-remake/

Comment

Seems like this movie isn't going anywhere, Ryan Reynolds is out and there is no director attached.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/1...lander-remake/
                      Can't say I am sad to hear this. Some films shouldn't be remade, and if they are struggling this much to get it done, more proof they should leave it alone.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        Can't say I am sad to hear this. Some films shouldn't be remade, and if they are struggling this much to get it done, more proof they should leave it alone.
                        I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Christopher Lambert made the best movie Highlander.
                          Adrian Paul as the TV show Highlander , was, well........AWESOME
                          Can't imagine anyone reprising the roles.
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

I would love to see Gerad Butler do the roll.. but not so sure on colin farrel..

Comment

The three actors that I would be happy to see in the role are:

Gerard Butler
                              Clive Owen
                              Ewan McGregor

If they are going to reboot the franchise then one of those actors would make me want to see the movie. On the whole though I think that this is a property that doesn't need a reboot. The original movie is still very good and is simply too treasured by its fans which means the reboot will face a massive hurtle to overcome.

Comment

Now who would we all like to see play the roll of Ramerez? My pick. Banderas!

Comment

Working...
                                X