Highlander reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancientechexpert View Post
    It doesn't really matter anymore. It's no longer in the stage of a writer thinking "let's do another Highlander." It's already being written and planned and cast as a reboot.
    I know. It's just my wish.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Your idea has me intrigued. I'm just not sure if there any writers left in Hollywood that could pull it off.
    David Abramovitz and Gillian Horvath, two of the more popular writers of the series, are still very much around. They still show up at Cons.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I think actually Richard Madden (If you don't know the name, he plays Robb Stark in Game of Thrones) could have made a good Conner. Or perhaps for a bit more of the rough and ready look that Chris Lambert brought to the role you could also have Carl Urban.

As for Ramirez, I'd say it might be wise to go for someone who actually comes across as Spanish........ one thing I will say about the original film is that you know you have a problem when the Highlander sounds like he's from the continent and his "spanish" trainer sounds like he should be the title role. That said I still like Chris Lambert in that film.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I like Ryan Reynolds, so I will give him a shot in this role. He might surprise a few people.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh, Karl Urban, definitely a good idea. Doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, he should have a big title role like this...

Comment

Karl Urban huh? Yeah, let's try giving Dr. McCoy a katana

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
              David Abramovitz and Gillian Horvath, two of the more popular writers of the series, are still very much around. They still show up at Cons.
              Good to know.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Captainjerky View Post
                Oh, Karl Urban, definitely a good idea. Doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, he should have a big title role like this...
                I like that idea too. He was really good in the Lord of the Rings.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Not sure about Karl Urban, I'd have to hear him speak with a Scottish accent before passing judgement.

I still think that Gerard Butler would be right for the role, if nothing else he is Scottish

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    The problem with another movie in the existing Highlander universe is that, spoiler alert, Duncan Mcleod won. He became the final immortal so there isn't much that can be done unless they retcon it (and hopefully better than Highlander 2's planet Zeist solution).

It makes rebooting the series is a better choice than continuing a film franchise that as it stands, sucks (except the first).
                    Like Mathpiglet said, they did a good job with the series.
                    There is thousands of years of history to play with across the whole world and plenty of immortals. The potential for stories is huge.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    I think actually Richard Madden (If you don't know the name, he plays Robb Stark in Game of Thrones) could have made a good Conner. Or perhaps for a bit more of the rough and ready look that Chris Lambert brought to the role you could also have Carl Urban.

As for Ramirez, I'd say it might be wise to go for someone who actually comes across as Spanish........ one thing I will say about the original film is that you know you have a problem when the Highlander sounds like he's from the continent and his "spanish" trainer sounds like he should be the title role. That said I still like Chris Lambert in that film.
                    Didnt Ramirez say he was Egyptian?
                    sigpic

Comment

One problem with not doing a reboot is that most people are unfamiliar with the extended lore of the universe (which if I remember correctly contradicts itself between the original movie and the tv series). This would lead to either confusion from those who don't know this stuff or fanboy anger at changes to something established previously.

A reboot is the only realistic way to go if they intend to do another movie aimed at theaters and not direct to dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Like Mathpiglet said, they did a good job with the series.
                        There is thousands of years of history to play with across the whole world and plenty of immortals. The potential for stories is huge.

I think he may have done now you mention it....................which kinda makes it worse.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                          Tak Ne was originally Egyptian, born around 900 bce. He adopted the Ramirez name while working as a metallurgist in the court of Spain's King Charles V.

Comment

You know, I think as an homage to Highlander's past, Stan Kirsch should be cast as MacLeod. I think they would be a great head nod to all those who followed the series.

Comment

Oh my!

Somehow I don't think they will cast Richie as Connor MacLeod!

Comment

Well think about it, have him grow a little stubble, and he'll have the Highlander rugged look, and he already has experience swinging a sword. It makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X