• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Hugh Fitzcairn movie. Nuff said.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      One problem with not doing a reboot is that most people are unfamiliar with the extended lore of the universe (which if I remember correctly contradicts itself between the original movie and the tv series). This would lead to either confusion from those who don't know this stuff or fanboy anger at changes to something established previously.

A reboot is the only realistic way to go if they intend to do another movie aimed at theaters and not direct to dvd.
      You're right, the first movie was about the Gathering and in the series it hadn't happened yet.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I really don't like Reynolds for this role, he's just not the right actor to play the Highlander.

If I were casting the movie I'd be looking at either Gerard Butler or Clive Owen.
        He is if they want to make Highlander more family friendly and funny. Neither of which describes Butler or Owen.

Comment

Reynolds always seemed to play Ryan Reynolds in every movie he's in. Now that can be a good thing in the right roles but for a tortured soul like MacLeod it just wouldn't work.

Plus why make the movie family friendly? The story revolves around a group of people who have to chop each others heads off... that's hardly family friendly material.

Comment

Reynolds always seemed to play Ryan Reynolds in every movie he's in. Now that can be a good thing in the right roles but for a tortured soul like MacLeod it just wouldn't work.

Plus why make the movie family friendly? The story revolves around a group of people who have to chop each others heads off... that's hardly family friendly material.
            Indeed. Apart from being a cool story, its about men and women whose purpose is to kill each other until only one is left. I may not agree with your choices for actors, but i dont want this turned into another kids movie. Highlander has 15 certificate in the UK. If they are going to do the film, make it a 15 or higher.
            sigpic

Comment

Not sure about Karl Urban, I'd have to hear him speak with a Scottish accent before passing judgement.

I still think that Gerard Butler would be right for the role, if nothing else he is Scottish
              I could see that!

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
              Oh my!

Somehow I don't think they will cast Richie as Connor MacLeod!
              Too much awesome!

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              A Hugh Fitzcairn movie. Nuff said.
              Dies from fangurl overload!

Who is Ryan Reynolds? I can't place the name? *off to imdb*

Edit OMG! That is so not Connor! What are people thinking?
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I like the idea of having Karl Urban.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

You know, now that I think about it, Reynolds might not even be playing Connor Macleod. It could be following a different immortal, like they did with the series. You see, the series was originally supposed to follow Adrian Paul as CONNOR MacLeod, instead of Duncan. But he didn't want people comparing him to Christopher Lambert, so he asked for his own character. That could be what they're doing with the reboot, rather than just retelling the story of Connor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancientechexpert View Post
                    You know, now that I think about it, Reynolds might not even be playing Connor Macleod. It could be following a different immortal, like they did with the series. You see, the series was originally supposed to follow Adrian Paul as CONNOR MacLeod, instead of Duncan. But he didn't want people comparing him to Christopher Lambert, so he asked for his own character. That could be what they're doing with the reboot, rather than just retelling the story of Connor.
                    I HOPE you are right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancientechexpert View Post
                      That would be much better.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Never have gotten round to watching the original Highlander films or series but read a few SG1/Highlander crossover fics back in the day and the concept sounded interesting.

Would give a new film a go.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

If it has to be Ryan Reynolds, I hope I'm right. But more than that, I hope they change their mind, and follow Duncan or Connor with a different actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                            Never have gotten round to watching the original Highlander films or series but read a few SG1/Highlander crossover fics back in the day and the concept sounded interesting.

Would give a new film a go.
                            Go find the original movie or the series. I think those are much better than any remake could be.
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                              Go find the original movie or the series. I think those are much better than any remake could be.
                              I agree. Actually the series was my all time favorite, there is no one who can play Duncan MacLeod better than Adrian Paul.
                              He was awesome.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                                I agree. Actually the series was my all time favorite, there is no one who can play Duncan MacLeod better than Adrian Paul.
                                He was awesome.
                                Agreed. Not sure how the series would have turned out with anybody else.

Comment

Working...
                                X