Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
    There will be one more DLC for Mass Effect 2.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/m...es%3Btitle%3B3
    Yeah Bioware did say they weren't quite done with Mass Effect 2 and there should be something more than just another appearance pack, but some serious DLC to bridge between Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Comment

Introducing Alternate Appearance Pack #2 (Miranda, Tali, Grunt) with, gasp, actual, real-life armor for Miranda! This has got to be worth it for that alone.

Just scroll on down the provided link to see with your own eyes. Because seeing is believing.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

Comment

Hm, interesting. I especially like the armour for Grunt.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm still stuck on the fact that Miranda has armor. Granted, BioWare can't seem to get past the visor/sunglasses thing, but still. Armor!

But yeah, Grunt's is probably my favorite. And I like the "armor" feel to Tali's, too.

Comment

I like the way the upcoming appearance pack looks (esp. Miranda's, tho' Grunt's could've been bulkier, methinks ), but I honestly hope that it's not the last DLC for ME2.
            (when I saw the notice on the Cerberus Network thingy, I thought that meant another DLC along the lines of LotSB or Kasumi or Overlord).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
              Introducing Alternate Appearance Pack #2 (Miranda, Tali, Grunt) with, gasp, actual, real-life armor for Miranda!
              I feel like I've been waiting for this pack my whole life!
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Hm, interesting. I especially like the armour for Grunt.
                Me too Grunt's armour looks sweet.

Comment

Grunt and Miranda look awesome there but Tali got kind of gipped. It's hard to really tell the difference between that alternate costume and her other two.

They should have really blown people's mind's and made her new helmet clear,
                  Spoiler:
                  and then inside she's wearing another, smaller mask.

Comment

For the folks worrying that the Alternate Appearance Pack #2 will be the last piece of DLC BioWare was talking about, I really wouldn't worry. They said they were making one more 'bridging' DLC, a la "Lair of the Shadow Broker", so yeah.

You should see the bitter wars that go on over at the official forums over what that DLC should be about. There's an enormous following for more 'Virmire Survivor' content after the tepid reaction from core fans concerning the dialogue at Horizon. Me, I want more Captain Anderson before the finale. Merge them together for a big Alliance DLC and we all win.
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                      For the folks worrying that the Alternate Appearance Pack #2 will be the last piece of DLC BioWare was talking about, I really wouldn't worry. They said they were making one more 'bridging' DLC, a la "Lair of the Shadow Broker", so yeah.
                      I'd also assume that they'll do a couple more appearance packs. Finish up the other half of the crew.

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                      You should see the bitter wars that go on over at the official forums over what that DLC should be about. There's an enormous following for more 'Virmire Survivor' content after the tepid reaction from core fans concerning the dialogue at Horizon. Me, I want more Captain Anderson before the finale. Merge them together for a big Alliance DLC and we all win.
                      I've seen. And I can't blame them. Liara and the VS got equally jipped in ME2. Fortunately, the former got Lair of the Shadow Broker. It'd really suck if the latter had to wait till ME3 to get some sort of resolution.

Comment

Wake up Mass Effect thread. To be honest I think the Mass Effect side of things will be a little slow for the next couple of months at least, what with Dragon Age 2 being the focus. Once that’s realised though I think we’ll start getting the previews and new info on Mass Effect 3. In the meantime here’s a couple of cool fanvids I’ve found.

Firstly Jacob discovers his true calling in life

And secondly a cool Mass Effect/Inception trailer, which I’d highly recommend watching just for the cool bit with Zaeed at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Wake up Mass Effect thread. To be honest I think the Mass Effect side of things will be a little slow for the next couple of months at least, what with Dragon Age 2 being the focus. Once that’s realised though I think we’ll start getting the previews and new info on Mass Effect 3. In the meantime here’s a couple of cool fanvids I’ve found.

Firstly Jacob discovers his true calling in life

And secondly a cool Mass Effect/Inception trailer, which I’d highly recommend watching just for the cool bit with Zaeed at the end.
                          These are awesome. The old spice one made me lol

Comment

Oh Yes, oh God yes, Oh f**k yes. I do apologise, but a small piece of news has been released today that has made me very happy. It has been revealed that the soundtrack for Mass Effect 3 will be composed by Clint Mansell, who is known for such notable movie soundtracks as Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan and Moon (a scifi film I'd highly recommend).

Check out some of his previous work.

PC Gamer has the story at the link and another example of his great work.
                            http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/10/ma...-a-dream-fame/
                            OH YEAH

Comment

Oh I know who he is. This is going to be awesome.

The ME series has always had memorable and distinctive music so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he'll play with the themes and what direction he'll take the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                                Oh I know who he is. This is going to be awesome.

The ME series has always had memorable and distinctive music so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he'll play with the themes and what direction he'll take the whole thing.
                                Indeed Bioware continues to impress. Though of course at the Bioware forums there's some whining because "wahhh it's not the same composer." Apparently the composer on the previous two games, Jack Wall wanted to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X